SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hannity tonight - discussion of Nightline
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think abc did SVPT a favor by bringing this to the forefront again and doing such a lousy job researching it(again).

O'Dell was great. He just spoke the facts quickly and clearly. Colmes looked pretty lame trying to justify believing the commie VN who contracict even Kerry's version!

In anymore interviews about this, the question of why 3 citations were issued is just begging to be exploited. From there, go right back to Kerry's lie about releasing *all* his records and ask "Why is he afraid to sign SF180".

BTW, Clinton was impeached, Nixon resigned.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In regard to Nightline's "version" of what Kerry did, maybe Sinclaire can use that in response to Kerry's demanding equal time. After all ABC and many others have already been given "equal time" like Muller on H&C last night.
Muller looked like a nut case last night and for him to call Hannity nuts, while he is foaming at the mouth, he looked ridiculous. Muller looked insance while O'Dell looked sane. Quite a contrast.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
wpage
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonder how much salary Mueller pulls down from the Vitnam Veterans Memorial Fund and the Landmine program? Are any of those donated funds being used to promote Kerry? If I remember correctly, sometime in the mid-late eighties(?), the national VVA purposely removed itself from any association with Bobby Mueller and his VV Memorial Fund and created a separate memorial fund. I think there was a mass member move to oust the then left wing portion of the VVA. Not sure of all the details but the newly elected President of VVA then was from my area. Can someone explain what happend with all of that?
www.thebattleofkontum.com
closer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:02 am    Post subject: Muller strikes again Reply with quote

Bobby Muller (who was on Hannity) is even more active than some of you may know. He's got his own website, is an advisor to another; and is unfortunately aiming directly at our youth.

(Most veterans remember his Muller's name from Vietnam war and post-war, anti-war activities)

You'll find Muller all over ... as follows:

Muller started this website:
http://www.allianceforsecurity.org/home

Their goal is described as follows:

"Our goal is to provoke a thoughtful and penetrating exchange that addresses our country’s most critical issues: the war on terrorism, the search for security, the defense of individual liberties, and the consequences of war. ..... " (Sure ... and just who believe that?)

He's not only founded the site above. He's listed as an "advisor" to the "Operation Truth" website:
http://www.optruth.org/main.cfm

(described as a non-profit (501c4), non-partisan veterans' organization, founded by a veteran who returned from Iraq):
"Operation Truth is a non-profit, non-partisan organization that seeks to educate the American public about the truth of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan from the perspective of the troops who have experienced them first-hand."

You can go there and decide for yourself. They are coming out with more tv ads soon. The next ad they're trying to get financed by the weekend is on their home page.

Muller's bio on this site says:
Bobby Muller served as a Marine Lieutenant in Vietnam, where a bullet severed his spinal cord, leaving him paralyzed from the waist down, while he was leading an assault. After returning from Vietnam, Bobby became a staunch Veterans advocate; he founded Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA) IN 1978 and Vietnam Veterans of America Foundation (VVAF) in 1980. The VVAF co-founded a 1997 Nobel Peace Prize-winning campaign to ban landmines. In 2004, Muller founded Alliance for Security.

AND, his website is also directly linked to "Rock the Vote" website.

http://www.rockthevote.com/home.php

Our kids are getting their information from places like this unless they hear differently. Many websites have obviously been created to get people .. especially young voters .. to vote Mr. Kerry into office. Their scare tactics are especially troubling. This site shows a fake draft card on their site (even after being warned to remove it), & are emailing our kids with this garbage of deception.

If you look at some of their ads on this site intended to scare our kids into voting for Kerry ... it's shameful. Kerry's team will stop at nothing for votes .. draft scare tactics aimed at our kids, and scaring seniors about losing Social Security, etc.

If Muller serves in any function for the Kerry campaign ... how is he able to be linked to any partisan .. non-profit, tax exempt site?

Be afraid, very afraid ... unless we get organized and turn out in masses to counter this and the voter fraud for Kerry.

Here's a take-off on what someone else has already stated so well:
"The only way to ensure Kerry isn't our next President is to be sure the election results aren't even close ... GET OUT THE VOTE!!!
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not quite on the main topic, but every time I see Colme's talking it brings back a memory. For those of us in the military we all had one of these. Just think of the one token momma's boy in every basic training group. We had one, a real wimp all the way, scared of everything and everbody, couldn't keep up and was just a joke. Finally sent home to momma as a non-hacker (think Dan Rather). Anyway, ever time I see Comes he just reminds me of this, as he could be a poster boy for non-hackers.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: O"Dell Reply with quote

Colmes realized that O'Dell had him after O'Dell explained that Nightline contradicted both Kranish and Brinkley, therefore Kerry's description of the loin cloth guy incident.

Then Colmes quickly jumped in with a rambling accusation which he knew O'Dell had no time to answer and respond.

I think in most situations, O'Dell and O'Neill know before hand what the topics are going to be on these shows. I think they should spend some money from the donations and hire a communications expert.

With just a little help, they could get their points across much clearer for the average person to understand. They have limited time and the message should be optimized. There are techniques and approaches that would enable them to be much more effective.

Don't get me wrong, I think they do a great job. O'Neill has kicked butt every time I've seen him. But they could inflict much more damage with just a little help from experts who know how to play it on TV.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: O"Dell Reply with quote

PC wrote:
Colmes realized that O'Dell had him after O'Dell explained that Nightline contradicted both Kranish and Brinkley, therefore Kerry's description of the loin cloth guy incident.

I think they should spend some money from the donations and hire a communications expert.

With just a little help, they could get their points across much clearer for the average person to understand. They have limited time and the message should be optimized. There are techniques and approaches that would enable them to be much more effective.

Don't get me wrong, I think they do a great job. O'Neill has kicked butt every time I've seen him. But they could inflict much more damage with just a little help from experts who know how to play it on TV.

If you listen to the demos, they really hit certain words and phrases hard!

and they do it over and over again - because in the end, that's what the people remember! I don't think we need to be RUDE and NASTY like they are but we do need to HIT them back harder and faster!
look at this Mary Cheney think.... would the dems ever let a republican get away with that? NO WAY! Every senator and reppresentative would be on a talk show pounding them.... what do we do ? oh, here and there, we say nicely.... 'that wasn't very nice of Kerry to say that!' 'Shame on him'..... blah, blah! 'he crossed the line...' HEY! Wake up! Say it with some ummmph ! say: Kerry CROSSED THE LINE and we aren't gonna put up with it! We DEMAND a public apology ! AND NOTHING less!!!! etc...

and don't let them get away using 'well, Edwards said it and Cheney thanked him! ' COME BACK WITH; 'So what'd ya want him to do in a debate? Give Edwards a black eye? I commend Cheney for his restraint- if it had me and MY DAUGHTER - Edwards would have had a black eye!' (let's go back to duals - right Zell?)
Bush and Cheney need to beef it up also...and our senators and reps.... listen to MCCain! for cripes sake! and even JD Hayworth! our spinheads? gosh, half the time I think that Jennifer is gonna burst into tears!!!!!!
ok, I'm off my soapbox here.... gonna email Bush....
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassInd wrote:
I think abc did SVPT a favor by bringing this to the forefront again and doing such a lousy job researching it(again).

It's startling. THAT's why people are suggesting the hand of Hil behind all this. Yes, Ted did the Swifties and POWs a great service by his Rather-like reporting.

I don't however see a conspiracy, beyond the obvious 'gotcha journalism' of Koppel. He was conspiring to fix the election. But that's not what people mean by Hillary. Now I could be wrong! I know that. But I just see his own hubris - such as suggested even on these forums by the reappearance of someone claiming to be Doug Reese, who has danced around questions so much that I've come to believe he's as much as given up his original objections to the Swifties. Again, I could be wrong about that. I just don't think it's conspiracy. I think it's cultish condescension, hothouse arrogance and all the incompetence that naturally flows from that. I think the favor was entirely unintentional.
sevry
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:06 pm    Post subject: Re: O"Dell Reply with quote

PC wrote:

O'Neill has kicked butt every time I've seen him.

Even with the benefit of hindsight, there isn't much with which I'd quarrel in O'Neill's replies. He's answered brilliantly. The man should be a US ambassador. He's that willing to listen, and calmly state his case.

I admire his demeanor and his replies every time I see him, or hear him on radio.

I may not agree with your politics, Mr. O'Neill. But I think you've stated the facts in these matters as well as anyone I could imagine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: