SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bobby Muller on Max Cleland.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Bobby Muller on Max Cleland. Reply with quote

The following quotes are taken from the book "Stolen Valor" by B.G. Burkett and Glenna Whitley, Chapter 23, page 569. Copywrite 1998 by Verity Press Inc.

Quote:
In a 1979 speech to veterans in Sonoma, California, Muller blasted VA administrator of veterans' affairs Max Cleland, a triple amputee, because he was not wounded in combat. Cleland was a general's aide in Vietnam,(He is now a U.S. senator from Georgia.) "This joker got off a helicopter, saw some grenades standing on the side, went over, picked one up, examined it and it went off," Muller said. "I think that makes a statement in itself."
Muller is a combat veteran, of course. But while Muller denounced Cleland, he rarely expressed any interest in the true credentials of those surrounding himself, invariably veterans with no combat experience or those who had an annoying tendency to exaggerate or lie about their combat experience.

This is the guy (Muller) who is sent out by the Kerry crowd to debase the POW's who have spoken out for the first time in 30+ years via the film "Stolen Honor" Muller himself has been spouting off now for all of those 30+ years but would deny these guys their one shot at it. Pathetic.

I believe he's also behind this group paid for by the DNC.
http://www.truthandtrust.com/

Last edited by jim_nyc on Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:34 am; edited 1 time in total
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, so EVERYONE should believe a bought and paid for TRUTH of the Veteran Muller.

Muller what, didn't feel Kerry something to fight for unless compensated. As he was indeed listed as an added component to the shake-up at the Kerry campaign and is working for the campaign, he is a campaign expense.

Versus the Veterans that utilize personal un-compensated time to get the TRUTH out.

Trish
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this the same hothead that Brit Hume interviewed last Thursday? If it was...Chutzpah!
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobby Muller on Hannity and COmes last night admitted he was present at the Winter SOldiers Investigation in Detroit. So what really is his record of accomplishments? Has he signed the Standard Form 180?
jim_nyc
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to delete the word "odious" from the title of this thread because Muller is an authentic war hero. At the age of 23 he was leading a charge against the Viet Cong and was hit in the chest. The bullet severed his spinal chord which has left him paralyzed from the neck down. His experience in the VA hospital in the Bronx was so horrible it ...I'm guessing.....turned him into what we see today.

This is why it is so important to look after the people who fight our wars or simply volunteer to serve our country in a millitary capacity. Muller was a volunteer.

It is also why it would seem to me, Muller might understand how a person after spending six years or more in a North Vietnamese prison camp which I'm only guessing is worse than any VA hospital, taking torture to keep from confessing to war crimes then having to listen to John Kerry, one of your own, call you a war criminal in front of the United States Senate allowing your captors to hold that over your head then finally coming home only to be looked down upon by the entire country because of the indictments perpetrated by Muller and Kerry's group. How those POW's might be adverse to wanting that fellow and all the others who participated in the lies, who made your days in that hell hole even worse than they had to be, how awful for them it would be for that same guy to be elected president of the country they gave so much for.

If Mullers time in the horid VA hospital created the rage you see in him, even to this day, you can only imagine the strength of character these men who were held captive must have needed to stay positve and productive in favor of their nation for all of these years.

Muller served this country and paid a dear price for it but I have to balance my respect for his past service against the 30+ years he has spent bad mouthing this country into the ground.

Bottom line the POW's derserve their expose in front of as large an audience as possible. They too have earned the right to be heard. Muller should have the good grace to stay out of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: