SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I would like to Introduce myself.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: I would like to Introduce myself. Reply with quote

I am a former Marine. 1970-1972. I retired from the Atlanta police department after a 30 year career ending in December 2002. I have been personally involved in following the presidential election for almost a year. I was aware of the Swift boat veterans for truth months before the media began to try to discredit them for sponsoring the first truth about Kerry ads.

During the past year, I have spent most of my forum blogging time as a member of the Bass Pro forums. I remained a member of that forum until September 9th of this year when I was banned from that forum. Why was I banned? Because I took exception to what was going on concerning the media's representations of John Kerry and his record and I began to speak out during the summer in a number of commentaries against his lies and his fabricated hero status.

As someone well versed in INTERNET research, I had already discovered the factual record of his Viet Nam and anti war record (not including my personal memory and experience of his actions) and I utilized that knowledge to argue the point with often rabidly liberal members of the Bass Pro forums. I staunchly defended the actions of Swift boat veterans for truth and made many commentary posts reflecting that support and relating the facts thus far proven by the Swift boat veterans.

As A RESULT, I accumulated a number of enemies, including moderators and particularly forum administrators. Based upon my commentaries during th month of August and leading into September, I was assailed with character assaults and numerous slanderous attacks. I did not wither and I did not retreat. I continued to state my beliefs in the truth and I supported my statements with facts often times utilizing the Swift boat veterans for truth web site and their latest ads and public statements.

As the situation progressed, I became the target of continued attacks by trolls and administrators attempting to persuade me and threaten me into not posting my comments. They seemed to be particularly offended by my defense of the swift boat veterans and the truths that were being revealed daily in my commentaries referencing the Swift boat veterans.

As a result of my actions and my refusal to be cowered by their assaults and attacks, they banned me from that forum on September 9th for challenging them on why they were seeking to silence me while allowing others to engage in name calling and character assault against me. When they could not answer that question, they elected to delete the subject of that thread and then they banned me from their site.

As a result, there was a huge uproar from other members of their forum who immediately came to my defense and challenged the actions of Bass Pro. By the end of business day on September 10, 2004, Bass Pro decided they would handle the crisis that they had created by totally eliminating the General Discussion forum from their forums permanently.

Along with banning me, they successfully alienated at least another 50 board members and closed the forum to prevent any serious or genuine discussion from continuing on anything other than hunting and fishing related topics.

Therefore, they effectively silenced a large number of their forum members and they lost a number of existing customers due to their actions. I would like to point out that I was not banned for violation of any of their published policies. I did not engage in character assaults, the use of bad language etc. I was banned because they did not want to allow me or anyone else to voice our opinions outside of the topics relating to their products. Especially topics supporting President Bush or the Swift boat veterans.

As a result of their actions, I have made a decision to never buy another product from this company and I have encouraged anyone who will listen to also refrain from patronizing Bass Pro. While it is their forum and they reserve the right to manage it, their decision to ban me and ultimately close the forum was based upon their desire to prohibit and prevent their members and customers from engaging in any speech not supportive of liberal idealism.

Therefore, another former member began a new forum where these disenfranchised former bass Pro members could meet. That forum is located at: http://cybercampfire.proboards3.com/index.cgi (Cyber Campfire)

Its a small forum right now, but it is privately controlled and not subject to outside political influences. The majority of the members are strongly conservative and support President Bush for reelection and recognize John Kerry for exactly what he is. I welcome anyone from this site to drop by and visit and pull up a chair for good friendly conversation. We have members from Canada, Mexico and the Netherlands as well as a diverse group from across America.

As a Viet Nam veteran that experienced the immediate and long term injury of the actions John Kerry, Tom Hayden and Jane Fonda to cripple, injure, slander and insult all American servicemen in Viet Nam, I take exception with other Viet Nam veterans that challenge his candidacy. I endured the name calling and taunts that many suffered as a result of his actions and the actions of others. While my Viet Nam service was limited to assignment to a Marine Battalion Landing Team in the Tonkin Gulf for seven months and I did not win any medals for valor or injury, I have endured the pain felt by many veterans for more than thirty years because of the likes of John Kerry and his band of rogues.

John Kerry is not only a liar, but he is a traitor to everything that this country represents and an insult to anyone that has ever worn the uniform. I apologize for not signing in to this forum earlier, but truthfully, I didn't realize that there was a forum available until recently.

If you care to take the time to peruse the Cyber Campfire site, my views are pretty clearly stated in a variety of threads in the "Political Hotbed" section of that forum. Before, I was banned by Bass Pro, I had over 4000 posts in that forum, most of which were arguments in defense of our president and in support of the Swift boat veterans for truth.

I look forward to contributing my thought to this forum as time is available. I sincerely thank everyone that is involved in Swift boat veterans for truth and the efforts and sacrifices that each and everyone has made. Both then and now they have served and honored America. Don't give up the fight! America is watching and America is listening.

Semper Fi.
Kathy Kay
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, congratulations to you and your fortitude.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!--It's always nice to see a new and friendly "face"--

There is a great gang of people who hang out in these here parts--I'm sure you will feel at home--C
ProudMilitaryWifeDaughter
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you stood up and didnt let them push your around.

I belong to a trucking forum and they had to erase the current events forum and forbid any political discussion because it was getting out of hand, a few other forums has done this too. Makes you wonder what future holds.

Service Animals for Invisible Disabilities
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.
You are at the correct place.
I fish for Bass but only with a 20 year old plug.
The Bass need a chance.
And America needs a chance to survive.

Thanks for the post.
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Semper fi, Mac!

Politics can be devisive, especially when there are such HUGE differences between TRUTH and innuendo perceived as truth. Kerry is a congenital liar of the first order, and people who have bought into his con game are totally unwilling to accept he is a weasel, simply because that would invalidate THEM.

We try (and at times it can be a REAL test!) to keep the rhetoric to a minimum here, and stick to the facts and constructive speculation. As the mods have it "keeping the high road"

In any case, welcome aboard. You're among friends.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
Trickworm
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the warm comments, the generous welcome and your kind thoughts. I appreciate everyone involved in the effort to get the truth out about John Kerry as it is the most important effort to date undertaken to preserve our nation and our sovereignty. Our efforts will affect our children's lives for decades to come. We cannot allow the truth to be silenced on John Kerry.
redwood
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you and all of the vets and active military for your service to our country. Hope to see you at Cyber Campfire!
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:50 pm    Post subject: I would like to Introduce myself. Reply with quote

Trickworm wrote:
...We cannot allow the truth to be silenced on John Kerry.
Let me join the welcome wagon for you. I'd like to iterate an adage from my mom. She said to keep your friends, never talk about religion or politics. With all respect to my mom, due to the despicable actions of one cheesy punk and a handful of followers, I've tossed that adage into the "old wive's tale" bucket. I avoided talking about this in the '70's and it's haunted me ever since. Punks who shout you down and violently protest your political views are not friends; and that applies to religious views too.

I'm an avid fisherman and plan to join you in your boycott of Bass Pro. I had no idea the cheesy punks had penetrated the noble sport of fishing.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome aboard. And, like you I will not spend my money at any Bass Pro Shops again. Thanks for the tip. Anyone or any company that discredits the Swiftees is off my patronage list for life.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:09 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to Introduce myself. Reply with quote

Trickworm wrote:
I am a former Marine. 1970-1972. I retired from the Atlanta police department after a 30 year career ending in December 2002. I have been personally involved in following the presidential election for almost a year. I was aware of the Swift boat veterans for truth months before the media began to try to discredit them for sponsoring the first truth about Kerry ads.

Semper Fi.

Welcome to our forum! We're very glad to have you. Very Happy

Thank you so very much for your service to our country and fighting to keep my family free. Very Happy Very Happy

I've gotta go now and take care of my dogs and check on my anti-kerry signs (see if they are still standing) - I only have about 1 1/2 hrs of daylight left.... so I'll finish reading the oosts here when I come back in...

so glad you are with us now.... Very Happy
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been thrown off a couple of message boards myself for not keeping my mouth shut.

Welcome!

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moving to Geedunk

Thanks
dusty
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on Bass Pro Shops. No more of their stuff in my tackle box.
Sittin between Toledo Bend and Sam Rayburn and not too far from the Big Burns in SW La. Talk about bass fishin. Whew! We got it goin on around here big time.
I'll pass the word.

Dusty
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Re: I would like to Introduce myself. Reply with quote

Trickworm wrote:
I look forward to contributing my thought to this forum as time is available. I sincerely thank everyone that is involved in Swift boat veterans for truth and the efforts and sacrifices that each and everyone has made. Both then and now they have served and honored America. Don't give up the fight! America is watching and America is listening.

Semper Fi.
Not only a "welcome" from this non-vet, but a thankful: "Welcome Home".

I visit a musician forum occasionally were politics is allowed in one section only for "supporting" members of which I am one. It is dominated by Democrat-leaners whom disparage President Bush, and make snide comments to those that are conservative and support not only the Troops but, The Mission as well.
They started a Swift Vet thread and were just rippin' the Swiftees up one and down the other. Then I showed up, having read "Unfit for Command", and the many articles compiled here regarding Veterans of our Armed Forces. It was easy to refute their puny attempts to bombard me with links to "articles that dis-prove" the Swiftees, but I was, without even refering to the book able to dis-semble their arguments. But it got vicious, and lame, to the point of being too time consuming to have to read countless threads & links to articles in order to counter those ultra-bloggers.
On top of that, how could I discuss musicianship with these same people in the music related forums when they were so insulting in the political forums? In the end, I couldn't and just started hanging out here.

(At least i think i'm welcome here.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: