SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMEAR IN CHRISTIAN CHATROOMS????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
also check this

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/sunnews/news/opinion/9580059.htm

Thanks so much, kmudd! I knew I saw it somewhere. Smile (I also know that I'm not old enough yet to be senile) Laughing

Thanks again!

FKA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstKlassAct wrote:
kmudd wrote:
also check this

http://www.myrtlebeachonline.com/mld/sunnews/news/opinion/9580059.htm

Thanks so much, kmudd! I knew I saw it somewhere. Smile (I also know that I'm not old enough yet to be senile) Laughing

Thanks again!

FKA

There is a thread about it somewhere on the SwiftVets Forum.
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
Quote:

http://www.talonnews.com/news/2004/september/0910_gillespie_warns_attack.shtml

Pointing to a column this week from former presidential campaign manager for Michael Dukakis and Democratic strategist Susan Estrich, Gillespie said the Democrats and the Kerry campaign are going to try to label Bush as a draft dodger and in favor of abortion.

"Interestingly, the New York Daily News reported back in February that the Kerry campaign intended to spread such a rumor [about Bush supporting abortion] in pro-life chat rooms late in the campaign," Gillespie reminded.

Gillespie continued by stating that Estrich will "throw unsubstantiated gossip at President Bush in the same way she falsely maligned the late President Reagan as a date rapist who paid for a girlfriend's abortion and wrongly castigated Nancy Reagan as an adulterer who had an affair with Frank Sinatra."

The irony of dis-information as a tactic is, it's a tool un-available to the right as there is not one thing I could think of that would be considered offensive to his liberal base..

Because we have seen it all, from moveon, moore, CBS & c., Their leader McCaullif (sp) calling the Vets and the president liars and he still has supporters that look like average mom and dads, gramps and grandmas, besides extremists. Thats amazing.

I had thought the honest hardworking well intended registered Democrats would have remained as appalled as they were during the last election, how the democrats in control raked the country through the mud and be ashamed to be alligned with the DNC...

We'll see maybe they are putting on a show and hopefully will vote with their conscience.

Trish
kmudd
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

azTrish wrote:
kmudd wrote:
Quote:

Pointing to a column this week from former presidential campaign manager for Michael Dukakis and Democratic strategist Susan Estrich, Gillespie said the Democrats and the Kerry campaign are going to try to label Bush as a draft dodger and in favor of abortion.

"Interestingly, the New York Daily News reported back in February that the Kerry campaign intended to spread such a rumor [about Bush supporting abortion] in pro-life chat rooms late in the campaign," Gillespie reminded.

Gillespie continued by stating that Estrich will "throw unsubstantiated gossip at President Bush in the same way she falsely maligned the late President Reagan as a date rapist who paid for a girlfriend's abortion and wrongly castigated Nancy Reagan as an adulterer who had an affair with Frank Sinatra."

The irony of dis-information as a tactic is, it's a tool un-available to the right as there is not one thing I could think of that would be considered offensive to his liberal base..

Because we have seen it all, from moveon, moore, CBS & c., Their leader McCaullif (sp) calling the Vets and the president liars and he still has supporters that look like average mom and dads, gramps and grandmas, besides extremists. Thats amazing.

I had thought the honest hardworking well intended registered Democrats would have remained as appalled as they were during the last election, how the democrats in control raked the country through the mud and be ashamed to be alligned with the DNC...

We'll see maybe they are putting on a show and hopefully will vote with their conscience.

Trish

Great points ! I think the libs would be proud if their standard bearer did anything. Look at Mayor Marion Berry of Washington DC he was caught using crack and still he was re-elected. LOL . I guess the well intended ones just hold their noses and vote just because of their party ?
wally626
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kmudd wrote:
azTrish wrote:
kmudd wrote:
Quote:

Trish

Great points ! I think the libs would be proud if their standard bearer did anything. Look at Mayor Marion Berry of Washington DC he was caught using crack and still he was re-elected. LOL . I guess the well intended ones just hold their noses and vote just because of their party ?

The transcripts of the Marion Berry sting are very interesting. He did in-fact use crack but the reason he was in the apartment was to have sex with his mistress. She refused to have sex with him until he used the crack. He should have gone home to his wife, but that's history now.

As far as a Christian women worried that Bush may have paid for an abortion in his youth. It is important to remember

A. This is a very unfounded rumor, similar to the Bush used Cocaine at Camp David, Quale bought dope etc. Bush the elder went to Paris to meet with the Iranians before the 80 election etc. None of which have even come close to be proven true.

B. We know Bush sinned in his younger days, drank to excess, DUI etc. but I do not know of anything of this nature since he became a born again christian. I'm sure he still sins we all do but he seems to have improved greatly in his conduct and actions. General Franks book and well as Ten Minutes to Normal give very good accounts of his current trust worthiness.

C. Compare this to Kerry. He still maintains today that what he did as young man fresh from vietnam was right and honorable and he told the truth in his senate testimony. He is a very strong supporter of abortion rights, he votes for it even if he is against it. He is a very strong supporter of gun control, even though he has many weapons and is trying to get the hunter vote.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Sam Mary Ann Parker reminds me of the song. "Shes a Lady".
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Here is one for the terminally and perpetually ignorant and adolesent who are behind this transparent garbage: Bush rules. Kerry drools.

I believe the correct form is:

Bush r00lz, Kerry dr00lz

Wink
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the correct form is:

Bush r00lz, Kerry dr00lz

LOL!! Laughing Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL Yeah gotta get your dOOdz sPEAkz right :LOL

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Born Again believer I would explain to your friend in love that in the Bible one of the seven things listed that God hates is a "liar". I would advise her that when she hears anything negative about GWB she should pray and the holy spirit will give her discernment to what is true and good and to what is false and not of a good report. I would explain that the Lord considers a bad report evil.

As a Christian it is incumbant upon us to be balanced and fair according to our Christian beliefs and vote in accordance to what is moral.

GWB does not support same sex marriage, abortion, stem cell research using embryos, and he says what he means and does what he says. He is a moral man with substance and conviction. Much like King Joshiah from the Bible. GWB is not ashamed to speak about what his faith means and means to him personally. He embraces prayer. Ask your friend to do as the Bible commands and that is to pray for our leaders.

I would also make her aware that we will account to the Lord for who we voted for and why we voted for that person. The bible is clear that we must be careful how we hear. I would suggest you gently tell your friend in love to be careful what she reads. As a Christian we must be able to discern what is of an evil report just as we must discern what is of a good report.

I pray the Lord to give your friend the wisdom and discernment in these areas.

Remember, just because it sounds like God, or looks like God does not mean that it is from God. Prayer will give your friend discernment.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

these people are beyond disgusting....no wonder Zell, Bayh etc stay away from them.... (also from Kitty Kelly book of lies- no sources listed)
if bush did do that years ago.... he wasn't a Christian then.... he's been forgiven - how can this woman (a Christian?) hold this against him??
That was a great scripture quote.... I think it must be one Bush reads every day to get thru this..... talk about being in the line of fire for your country..... Bush has far surpassed 4 months.... and 3 PH's.

I'm gonna post that scripture on my wall....

Kerry is on the news accusing the administration of avoiding, denying and blaming others (I think that was the last one .... they talk faster than I can type) - he knows alot about that..... he says Bush has known for 3 1/2 yrs about the flu vaccine contamination.... really???? they warn him that far in advance that they will be contaminating the vaccine? They're really on their toes! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just beyond me how these people can stand themselves.

How does Susan E face her kids? her students? her friends? (I've heard some conservatives say they are friends of hers...);
someone like that I wouldn't consider a 'friend' maybe an acquaintance.

and I too am shocked at the number of Americans who can hear this stuff and still support Kerry. Unless we are hearing different things.... you know like someone says 'it is raining' and I hear him say 'it's such a dry heat !' come on people!!!! all you have to do is listen to 2 or 3 different speeches by Kerry and you got him on flip flopping! (lying) !!!! Shocked
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WOW!
I had to leave yesterday, shortly after I made this post. A family function.
Just came back to it, reading all of your replies.

Just to clarify--This woman that my friend talked to is politically unaware.
She has no interest in issues. I guess she must live in some kind of a vacuum! When my friend mentioned
that she was votingfor Bush, the woman said "Oh,no Bush
paid for an abortion etc.etc." Thats when they got into the discussion
of the candidates' records.

Don't worry, my friend set her straight about Bush being born again and strongly Prolife--Kerry being the Pro abortion candidate, citing his record of always voting FOR abortion rights, giving her links to check etc. The woman said "Gee, I didn't know that, well I can't vote for Kerry."

I was long ago aware of the fact that Kerry campaign intended to use
this tactic in Christian chat rooms but thought that Christians would not
be influenced by that, they know better!

My point in making the post is that there are a lot of people who really
don't have a clue about the issues, don't watch the debates, and are just not interested in politics,
But they DO vote, and automatically vote for the Democrat.
Since I never visit chatrooms, I wondered if anyone else had
seen this tactic being used.

I guess that because I'm such a political JUNKIE myself,
I can't believe people can be SOOO uninformed!
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
WOW!
I had to leave yesterday, shortly after I made this post. A family function.
Just came back to it, reading all of your replies.

Just to clarify--This woman that my friend talked to is politically unaware.
She has no interest in issues. I guess she must live in some kind of a vacuum! When my friend mentioned
that she was votingfor Bush, the woman said "Oh,no Bush
paid for an abortion etc.etc." Thats when they got into the discussion
of the candidates' records.

Don't worry, my friend set her straight about Bush being born again and strongly Prolife--Kerry being the Pro abortion candidate, citing his record of always voting FOR abortion rights, giving her links to check etc. The woman said "Gee, I didn't know that, well I can't vote for Kerry."

I was long ago aware of the fact that Kerry campaign intended to use
this tactic in Christian chat rooms but thought that Christians would not
be influenced by that, they know better!

My point in making the post is that there are a lot of people who really
don't have a clue about the issues, don't watch the debates, and are just not interested in politics,
But they DO vote, and automatically vote for the Democrat.
Since I never visit chatrooms, I wondered if anyone else had
seen this tactic being used.

I guess that because I'm such a political JUNKIE myself,
I can't believe people can be SOOO uninformed!

Shawa:

I for one am GLAD that you mentioned this because it serves as a reminder that some people are exacly that! Unaware! Your post also reminded me to notify ALL of my online friends who belong to many Christian groups (they also have HUGE e-mail address books) to make sure to be on the lookout for such disgusting, despicable, lying in their chat rooms and their messageboards.

Thanks again, Shawa! Wink

FKA
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FKA:

Thanks. This is exactly what I want to see happen!

GET THE "WORD" OUT TO THE UNAWARE!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: