SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MM did the under and noodles is this cell ringer download fr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: MM did the under and noodles is this cell ringer download fr Reply with quote

MM did the under and noodles is this cell ringer download freebie another faux pa..

Scary part for me anyway

Motorola's legacy of influencing pop culture through technology will enable young Americans to make their voices heard ... like never before! With this campaign, mobile Americans can voice their opinions, stay up-to-date on important political news, and get the tools necessary to become informed and active citizens.

Imagine how that can used as a last minute update to voters?? I think this is a bit scary.. And these people worry about the Government??

Rock the Vote Mobile is the result of a ground-breaking partnership. Rock the Vote's tireless efforts to inspire the younger generation to vote combined with Motorola's legacy of influencing pop culture through technology will enable young Americans to make their voices heard ... like never before! With this campaign, mobile Americans can voice their opinions, stay up-to-date on important political news, and get the tools necessary to become informed and active citizens.

Consider the following facts:

* In the 2000 U.S. Presidential elections, 5 states were decided by fewer than 8,000 votes.

* The night before the March 2004 elections in Spain, the spread of text messaging mobilized some thousands of people who congregated in front of the political party running the country, Partido Popular, in just a couple of hours.

* Filipinos, reputed to be the fastest texters in the world, organized the world's first political revolution by mobile in 2001. Titled "People Power II," the SMS messaging effort took place over five days, resulting in so much political activation that the government of President Joseph Estrada was overthrown.

Stay on top of the election & score a free ringtone!
Want to be connected to breaking news in the 2004 Presidential election and nab a free tone for your phone?

By clicking submit, you are consenting to receive SMS alerts* on your mobile phone (normal usage/data charges apply), and email communications from Motorola, Rock the Vote and/or Cingular Election HQ.

Maybe I am being paranoid but I don't like this .. too easy for someone to co-ordinate trouble rushing people at polls to scare way .. way too many things to imagine here that can be done.. besides the suspected DNC mis information mech here this look very very wrong..

pulling the blanets over my head soon!!

Anyone care to comment?
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FORGOT the link sorry
http://www.rtvmo.com/about.htm

President Joseph Estrada was overthrown. ???

Spain, the spread of text messaging mobilized some thousands of people who congregated in front of the political party running the country, Partido Popular, in just a couple of hours.

this is not to be used to send you a coupon for the nearest Dennies this is to organize and effect an election!! What wonderful examples huh??

I am not only pissed now but more than a bit disgusted.

Trish
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: