SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If not NOW then WHEN?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NortonPete
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee ,
You obviously won the night with dignity and class.
There are times that we get ourselves into an environment of
self feeding liberal lunatics.
They each try to out do themselves and any bit of logic
just looks to them like bait.

Relax, you are one of us and we know better.
We understand the meaning of the word "Patriot".. ( Taught by J. O'Neill )
We know what its like to love our country.
We value truth and honesty. We cherish loyalty and honor to cause.
You should be happy and sit back with a satisfying smile.
You are on the "Swift Vets and POWs for Truth" forum.
It doesn't get any better than this.

Hold the line. Stay with us.
ranch hand
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's fun to watch a liberal's brain short circuit.

Several years ago, I was involved in a discussion about how some species of animals/plant life are now extinct. One of the liberals was very distraught that he could never have the ability to romp with these animials.

I then asked he what he would do if dinosaurs still roamed North America.

He was speachless, torn between his need for survival and his beliefs.

Given a choice between the two, I think survival wins out.
Michmaddave
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wynne wrote:
I really admire you, Lee Gauge! That takes courage to face a group like that. I don't think I would have been able to stay at that dinner party.

I am fascinated by this conversation. I agree with Wynne, and also admire Lee Guage. He in his actions at a hostile dinner party has shown class and strength that the oposition lacks. He has control of his emotions, and is not ruled by them, as opposed to his dinner adversaries, who use emotion, are controlled by emotion, and descend into the pit of hatred to the point that they cannot respectfully disagree, but must lash out at someone like Lee just because they cannot comprehend him. The person who emerges as the adult in such a situation needs no vengence, because they will be able to live with themself. I will use Mr. Guage as my roll model in the future in those situations as he experienced, thank you Lee.
Lee Gauge
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

Thank you all very much for your words of support! You really made my week. It is one of those wonder ironies that the folks who could be the most personally indignant at a candidate are in fact the most sincere and the most polite. Thanks again.

And now, if you'll excuse me... The freight cars are stacking up in Sodor, so I'm going to spend the remainder of the morning turning to with my daughter and Thomas the Tank engine. A far better option than watching the Sunday morning talking heads...
Nature-ally hold 'em in scorn.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Posted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 3:10 am Post subject: Re: If Not Now When

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

rhv5862 wrote:
Their hate is so great they are blinded to everything else. They are not capable or chose not to see the truth.

RHV

And this is why I recommend that everyone be prepared when Bush is re-elected, and yes I truly believe that he will be, because these people are literally bordering on insanity. When he wins they are apt to do anything, some will freak out and probably attack anyone that has any visual support of Bush. If you think they are mad lunatics now just wait till Nov 3.

I agree

It is scary what will happen. Look at what they are doing now to win.
Tom Poole
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Guage wrote:
...The level of emotion is illogical, and subsequently, they won’t be swayed by any argument that contradicts their emotions. Further, they cannot accept that someone may not feel the same way....
Deja vu. These are the same types who ran around in our streets screeching left wing garbage during the '70s when most of us were asleep. It's problematic because this time, instead of impacting 25 million vets, 2 million of whom are Vietnam Vets, this cheesy punk potentially could impact 280 million citizens. Kudos to Lee and when it happens to the rest of us, may God keep us awake and grant us enough courage to do the same.
Chuck54
PO1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 5:20 pm    Post subject: Re: If Not Now When Reply with quote

azpatriot wrote:
I really fear for some of you in real battle ground or Kerryized states where the “wackos” are in greater numbers.

I guess all I can say is be alert and guard your families anyway you have to.

I live in a Kerryized state. However, it is only Kerryized in the highly populated cities. It is Bush country out in the rural areas. Only a few densely populated counties went for Gore in 2000. If the wacko's start anything they will find very quickly that they have made a big mistake. Also, Schwartzenegger may be a liberal RINO but he is not a wimp. The lefty stormtroopers will be hammered good.

Bring em on I say!

Zell Miller
hleone
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When confronted by people who "support" John Kerry with nothing more substantive than the incredibly deceitful "hate Bush talking points" of the angry left, I always remember that they do not have the truth on their side.

Then I remember also the incredible class shown by John O'Neill, Van O'Dell and all the other Swiftees who have found themselves in similar situations throughout this presidential campaign.

And I know that in the long run, the dignified delivery of truth can not be defeated by the angry spewing of baseless propaganda. But its a marathon, not a sprint, and I am confident we will prevail, if we never give up and never are reduced to their tactics.

Right now, I have 10 questions for those people, to try to make them think and hopefully re-assess their support for John Kerry.

1. Why has your candidate never denounced the angry and vicious lies about President Bush from Michael Moore, Al Franken, Whoopi Goldberg and the like, but instead has endorsed such hateful people as "the heart and soul of America?"

2. Why has your candidate allowed his supporters to continue advancing the charge that President Bush lied to America about Iraq WMD's, when the consensus of the entire free world and both he and his running mate, were in complete agreement with President Bush at the time?

3. Why won't your candidate explain;
a. why his honorable discharge (on his website) was awarded 6 years late, when Carter was president, after a favorable "review board" decision,
b. which "official Navy records" that "prove his medals were earned" were originally authored by Kerry himself,
c. why he has three different citations with differing language, for his one silver star award,
d. why he lied, and has now recanted, that he was illegally sent to Cambodia on Christmas eve,
e. how he was awarded his 3rd purple heart, when the attending physician categorized his request as ridiculous,
e. why his campaign has consistently lied that all his military records are on his website, when in fact many critical records have never been released, and
f. why John Kerry has never signed his "form 180" and released all his records, if he has nothing to hide?

4. Why is your candidate currently spreading fear that a future military draft is likely under President Bush, when he witnessed the President's promise directly to the American people in the second debate that there be no draft as long as he is President.

5. Why has your candidate demeaned America's allies in Iraq and labeled them as "the bribed and coerced," while promising he will attract new allies to our side by offering contracts to them. And why did he refer to the brave interim Prime Minister of Iraq as a puppet of the Bush administration?

6. During his 20 years in Congress, why has your candidate not contributed a single example of signature legislation that significantly improved America?

7. If John Kerry's claims of being the proven warrior to command America's war on terrorism are true, why did he accept a highly-questionable third purple heart for an "injury" requiring only a band-aid, abandon his fellow Swift Boat sailors and return home after just 4 months, join the anti-war movement, meet with the enemy, accuse the American military of war crimes and throw away his medals in protest of his country?

8. In his entire life, why has your candidate never been able to make and sustain an unwaivering commitment to fight and defeat a single enemy of the USA?

9. To eliminate terrorism from continually regenerating, President Bush believes we must plant seeds of freedom in the wake of our battle victories, to eradicate the cause of the disease, not just its symptons. Your candidate says only that he would do "everything differently" from President Bush. Why has he not outlined a specific plan and explained how it will be better for America than the Bush plan?

10. Your candidate has stated he will take pre-emptive action to protect America, but only if it passes his "global test," being morally defendable to the American public and the world community.

If Bush's pre-emptive action in Iraq, against a brutal dictator who was a sworn enemy of the USA, developed and used WMD's, terrorized, tortured and murdered his own people, invaded a neighboring country, rewarded successful terrorists in other countries with financial compensation and defied 18 U.N. resolutions, including one "final" unanimously-approved U.N. resolution threatening "serious consequences," was wrong and did not pass Kerry's "global test," what possible real-world threat could?

Please Consider This Decision Very Carefully.

Who is the Best and Most Courageous Leader, and.....

Who Will Make Future American Generations Safer?
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:21 pm    Post subject: It Not Now Then When Reply with quote

They only answers that would be given to the 10 questions would be the Kerry and Dem talking point. They hate Bush so much they cannot and will not accept the truth.

RHV
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lee Gauge,
You've obviously got the admiration of all of us. And something even more important - your own self-respect for standing tall.

I had a similar experience. After working several years in government, I quit and returned to graduate school. And in the early 1980s I found myself a graduate student in Russian history at a major university, with a teachig assistantship. One night one of the other TAs held a dinner party, and as a new TA, I was included. Two of the attendees were Korean girls, and the rest were about 6 to 8 assorted "round-eyes". During the course of discussion it emerged that I had served in Vietnam. I never advertise the fact, but I have never been reticent or acted ashamed either. I NEVER went into the closet. Evil or Very Mad
The questions started, What was it like? Did you see combat" What did you feel? Did you see any war crimes? I've also never been reticent to give my opinions on Viet Nam when asked. And for part of my tour I worked with the Vietnamese, including our unit's Kit Carson Scout, so I knew just a little bit. As I answered their questions, their questioning turned to argumentation. "How could I be denying atrocities?! What about all those bombs? That's not what Walter Cronkite says"...etc. The two Korean girls stayed quiet - and later one of them made a point of being friendly. And one other girl - surprisingly Collette, the seriously granola-looking one, tried to argue for considering what I had to say. But the rest of them just kept working themselves into a lather. A lot of posture, stance, attitude, and moral certainty on their side. But I'd been there, worked with the Viets, and had read serious authors after returning, so I had the facts. And I was trained to keep my composure under fire. Needless to say, the party did not end well. But I was happy. By the end of the evening, I had, single-handed, mugged a half dozen liberals. It is true I was never again included in party plans. But for that the only disappointment was that I had no opportunities to refuse. And some of the radicals started trying to set me up and see if they could find some way to compromise or frame me on some sort of PC charge. (I learned about this when a lady friend informed me that she had been "approached" by some of the weasels, who wanted her to help set me up on sex harassment charges.) I was reminded what academia is really like Twisted Evil and coped accordingly. And yes I was damn proud of my victory. Very Happy

Remember - when it comes to a dispute, one Vet against six liberals isn't really a fair fight - but you can't fit any more liberals around the table. Razz

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hleone wrote:
When confronted by people who "support" John Kerry with nothing more substantive than the incredibly deceitful "hate Bush talking points" of the angry left, I always remember that they do not have the truth on their side.

Then I remember also the incredible class shown by John O'Neill, Van O'Dell and all the other Swiftees who have found themselves in similar situations throughout this presidential campaign.

And I know that in the long run, the dignified delivery of truth can not be defeated by the angry spewing of baseless propaganda. But its a marathon, not a sprint, and I am confident we will prevail, if we never give up and never are reduced to their tactics.

Right now, I have 10 questions for those people, to try to make them think and hopefully re-assess their support for John Kerry.

1. Why has your candidate never denounced the angry and vicious lies about President Bush from Michael Moore, Al Franken, Whoopi Goldberg and the like, but instead has endorsed such hateful people as "the heart and soul of America?"

2. Why has your candidate allowed his supporters to continue advancing the charge that President Bush lied to America about Iraq WMD's, when the consensus of the entire free world and both he and his running mate, were in complete agreement with President Bush at the time?

3. Why won't your candidate explain;
a. why his honorable discharge (on his website) was awarded 6 years late, when Carter was president, after a favorable "review board" decision,
b. which "official Navy records" that "prove his medals were earned" were originally authored by Kerry himself,
c. why he has three different citations with differing language, for his one silver star award,
d. why he lied, and has now recanted, that he was illegally sent to Cambodia on Christmas eve,
e. how he was awarded his 3rd purple heart, when the attending physician categorized his request as ridiculous,
e. why his campaign has consistently lied that all his military records are on his website, when in fact many critical records have never been released, and
f. why John Kerry has never signed his "form 180" and released all his records, if he has nothing to hide?

4. Why is your candidate currently spreading fear that a future military draft is likely under President Bush, when he witnessed the President's promise directly to the American people in the second debate that there be no draft as long as he is President.

5. Why has your candidate demeaned America's allies in Iraq and labeled them as "the bribed and coerced," while promising he will attract new allies to our side by offering contracts to them. And why did he refer to the brave interim Prime Minister of Iraq as a puppet of the Bush administration?

6. During his 20 years in Congress, why has your candidate not contributed a single example of signature legislation that significantly improved America?

7. If John Kerry's claims of being the proven warrior to command America's war on terrorism are true, why did he accept a highly-questionable third purple heart for an "injury" requiring only a band-aid, abandon his fellow Swift Boat sailors and return home after just 4 months, join the anti-war movement, meet with the enemy, accuse the American military of war crimes and throw away his medals in protest of his country?

8. In his entire life, why has your candidate never been able to make and sustain an unwaivering commitment to fight and defeat a single enemy of the USA?

9. To eliminate terrorism from continually regenerating, President Bush believes we must plant seeds of freedom in the wake of our battle victories, to eradicate the cause of the disease, not just its symptons. Your candidate says only that he would do "everything differently" from President Bush. Why has he not outlined a specific plan and explained how it will be better for America than the Bush plan?

10. Your candidate has stated he will take pre-emptive action to protect America, but only if it passes his "global test," being morally defendable to the American public and the world community.

If Bush's pre-emptive action in Iraq, against a brutal dictator who was a sworn enemy of the USA, developed and used WMD's, terrorized, tortured and murdered his own people, invaded a neighboring country, rewarded successful terrorists in other countries with financial compensation and defied 18 U.N. resolutions, including one "final" unanimously-approved U.N. resolution threatening "serious consequences," was wrong and did not pass Kerry's "global test," what possible real-world threat could?

Please Consider This Decision Very Carefully.

Who is the Best and Most Courageous Leader, and.....

Who Will Make Future American Generations Safer?

Dang!!!! Now these ARE talking points!!!! Hope you don't mind if I convert these to a Word doc and hand them to some of my lib friends! Fantastic summary. Steve

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:49 pm    Post subject: Re: If Not Now Then When Reply with quote

rhv5862 wrote:
This is the same thing they tried in Fla and they did block some of the overseas ballots.
They will try it again.

RHV

Yes, that is true...my husband voted last time by overseas ballot...and he has already sent his ballot for 'W" from his ship on deployment in the Persian Gulf ....What state? Florida ... Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: