SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry In Another Baptist Church In Ohio

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 6:35 pm    Post subject: Kerry In Another Baptist Church In Ohio Reply with quote

How is this moron getting away with giving political speeches in these churches? If Bush were doing this the dems would be screaming bloody murder!

I am sick of skerry's low tactics and just because he can recite two scriptures and sing some hymes, it does not make him a Christian or a Catholic.

Even if he is representing himself as a Christian/Catholic he is against the most sacred tenant of the Christian faith, the preservation of the unborn.

The same Bible he quoted from states that homosexuality is unnatural and ungodly. It also says to hate the sin, NOT the sinner.

If given the choice to obey God or man the diciples in Jesus's day chose to obey God, after all, he created man.

His faith has no conviction if he cannot stand againsts mans law for Gods law. To say, "I believe that God created them gay", is to say that the what the Bible is a mistake and that God did not mean what he says. For him to say, "I personally am pro-life, but I cannot put my beliefs on others and cannot legislate those beliefs on others", is a hypocricy.

We Americans had Roe vs. Wade forced on us whether we agreed at that time or not. We really had no choice, the judges made that choice by interpreting the Constitution instead of interpreting the law as they were supposed to do.

The woman who brought out Roe vs. Wade is now a born again believer and wants it repealed. God forgave her and so should we. But Kerry has no moral convictions. He says whatever is needed to say at the time for the vote.

He has no place in any Christian Church.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been a member of a few churches in my lifetime and there are always one or two women (usually elderly and sharp as a tack) who wield a lot of clout over people's opinion. She's lived a long time, she's seen a lot, she's thought of as somehow a few steps closer to God than anybody else and she can be counted on to see through shams. I was just thinking the other day.... all it takes is for one old lady in each of these churches (and don't think they aren't there!) to start spreading the word in her church: "You know when I talk to Mr. Kerry I just don't get a sense that there's anything there... you know what I mean?"

I'm thinking of the words from that old-timey hymn: 'Bless the sower and the seed." I'm counting on those smart elderly women to do some heavy planting before the election; in fact, I have a feeling, they're doing it already Smile
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He keeps going to black church's....this guy is a loser....
Dingbat
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has a Demo candidate ever been to a black church when it is not an election cycle? Would think that people could connect the dots... Confused . alas.

1/101st ABN Song Be 3/82d ABN Phu Bai.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="rparrott21"]He keeps going to black church's....this guy is a loser....[/quote]

Well it seems the Catholic churches don't want him but if I were the folks in the churches he is attending I think I'd pick a different service to attend to avoid him.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How can black voters alow themselves to be used in this manner? I would resent that "my people" neded extra help, more handouts, and whatever. Kery is a bigiot and they don't even see it. I like the way pres bush and been dealing with this, black issues are just the same as all american issues.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
How can black voters alow themselves to be used in this manner? I would resent that "my people" neded extra help, more handouts, and whatever. Kery is a bigiot and they don't even see it. I like the way pres bush and been dealing with this, black issues are just the same as all american issues.

Exactly.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I was seeing the picture of the Bushes coming out of church today after seeing the one of Kerry giving his political speach today at a church filled with people fanning themselves with Kerry/Edwards fans, I was struck by the contrast.

President Bush goes to church to worship, Kerry goes to church to BE worshipped.

President Bush goes to church to gather strength from the Almighty, Kerry goes to church to gather Votes from the sheep.

And after the election is done and over, no matter the result, President Bush will be in church again, Kerry will be out skiing, windsurfing or whatever brings him pleasure.

When I see Kerry in church I can't help but to think of Jesus in the temple upsetting the tables of the money changers.
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I recall, Kerry was not quite accurate in his quotes from scripture
in the third debate. Also, don't forget that the Devil can quote
scripture, too!

I will never forget as long as I live listening to Bill Clinton give his acceptance speech at the 1992 Democratic Convention. He used
several Bible verses in his speech, but they were not quite right.
He had slightly changed the meaning to suit his own purposes.
That gave me a really sick feeling. Someone who did not know the
Bible very well might not have noticed it, but I remember thinking
that he was a smooth enough talker to win the election by fooling
the American people. I already knew from the primary that he was
a liar, but I am a loyal Rush listener and a political junkie. I also
remember how the MSM would show a picture of Bill and Hillary
coming out of church every Sunday morning with him holding that
huge Bible under his arm. Considering what he was doing in the Oval
Office with Monica, his use of the Bible as a "prop" rather than as a
guide for living was the height of hypocrisy. The contrast with these
two men and GWB could not be greater!
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A top Kerry aide told the paper that Kerry has simply "grown more comfortable publicly 'opening up' about God and faith." It's all part of Kerry's desire to share more about his life and experiences. Kerry now likes to say there are three great teachers in life: parents, schoolteachers and God.

From Newsmax http://www.newsmax.com/archives/ic/2004/10/18/112717.shtml

Remember the old commercial "I'm not a doctor but I play one on
TV"....... this is what I think of when I see Kerry in church at election time.
Chukkal
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Kerry the Baby Killer Reply with quote

I'm convinced the dems are all condemned to hell......Any Dem that would vote for a baby killer is not a Christian! Talk about lies. When I voted for abortion (when I was 1Cool I was told it would eliminate child abuse to unwanted children and that it would be done during the first tri-mester......WRONG!!!! I want my vote back!!! Knowing what I know today there is no way in hell I would vote for abortion. These people have corrupted everything they've touched! And now they want stem cell research using live embryos????? That's just one more foot in the door that we'll never be able to take back. GIVE ME MY VOTE BACK!!! Evil or Very Mad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: