SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Breaking point for no dispute

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:27 am    Post subject: Breaking point for no dispute Reply with quote

Any idea what the statistical point/% of votes is needed to prevent a dispute of the returns in a given state? 2, 4, 6 % CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're talking about an election in which one of the candidates said in a church, today, "We are going to make sure that this is not a repeat of 2000. This time, we will make sure that the votes of one million African-Americans will be counted."

New scare ads - all false - regarding the draft that GWB is going to initiate, the privatization of Social Security, the warnings about voter fraud, (when nearly every instance of voter fraud discovered so far has to do with the DNC) and now the hinted "disenfranchisement" of the black vote - with morals and an ego like this, how wide a margin do you think it will take? Wink

I think it's probably headed to litigation no matter how large the split. Confused
rb325th
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, isn't that a violation of Church and State? If you can not say the Pledge in a Public School. How can you campaign in a Church, who by the IRS Codes can not partake in endorsing any candidate?
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i believe Kerry and the DNC will try and tie this up no matter even if it is a landslide. It will make them look desperate and foolish. but that hasn't stopped them yet.
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: dems Reply with quote

I think if it's not close and the DNC tries that we should all get out our baseball bats and tell them to get out of town!!!!!!!!!!!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:
On a side note, isn't that a violation of Church and State? If you can not say the Pledge in a Public School. How can you campaign in a Church, who by the IRS Codes can not partake in endorsing any candidate?

Your exactly right rb325th and this is just another example of how our justice system has been twisted by the left. “The Separation of Church and State” was never intended to keep the church out of government (this should be obvious from just reading our nations founding documents), but was intended to keep the Government out of our Churches!

Kerry showing up in any Church, Sanctuary, Synagogue or Temple is in fact in violation of doing just that.

The thing that amazes me more than anything else is if any normal American citizen was caught doing any of the things Kerry has blatantly done they would have been keelhauled already! But here we have the bumbling boob Sen. Kerry that just seems to filter through society just like Steve Martins character in “The Jerk”. The man wouldn’t be safe with a popgun but we see him running around with a shotgun in his hands. Now he’s supposedly gotten a license to hunt ……Shocked

Hunt what? …… VOTERS!

This is just another reason that even after we see that he has been defeated on Nov 2 (Which BTW I’m nominating in advance as VK Day) we will still need to continue on with the fight. This is no longer a battle to just keep him from office, oh no! This now encompasses so much more. He needs to be either brought up on charges or have his citizenship revoked and kicked out of the country. And even after that there is still more work to do, we have to go and clean house! Or otherwise we’ll all be dealing with this again in another 4 years.

My goal (and it may just be a fantasy) is clean honest elections in 2008.
I know just shoot me and get it over with Very Happy
Aristotle The Hun
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th wrote:

Nope! Religion in America has immunity from government control even when the religious organization is troublesome. The GOV can attempt to recind tax exempt status, but that is seldom a realistic threat for any well established religion.

Keep in Mind the constitution places no restriction on religions but states, "The government shall make no law . . . " Only the government can violate Church/State restrictions.

Sam
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rb325th
You are so right! Dem candidates have been campaigning in
Black Churches for years with no repercussions. It's supposedly
a "cultural issue". The church is their meeting place.
Using that logic, why doesn't the same argument apply to
other churches??? After all, we all meet in the church, right!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has Kerry ever been in a black church before he started running for president?
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Back to the topic of the thread; I think a lead of 10,000 + votes in a state would dicourage them. There comes a point where the litigation costs would just be too high.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:54 am    Post subject: Vote Number Reply with quote

I believe that the number you are looking for is 52%. If a person gets that, then there should not be any doubt who won the election. By the way, I think that is the total vote and not just by the state.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: