SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Two Marines Serving In Iraq NEED HELP! How Pennsylvania trea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 3:54 am    Post subject: Two Marines Serving In Iraq NEED HELP! How Pennsylvania trea Reply with quote

PLEASE SEE THIS - help by writing. Thanks!
Two Marines Serving In Iraq NEED HELP! How Pennsylvania treats those, who serve America...

http://forums.military.com/1/OpenTopic?a=tpc&s=78919038&f=409192893&m=694100093
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
According to Jacobs, if both Marines do not show up at court in January, there is a definite possibility that the case may be dismissed and the alleged slashers may walk free. Jacobs said the court would make this decision.

“My husband Nick and I were devastated by the assault, “ said the Marines’ Mother. “Now my boys are fighting in Iraq for security and freedom for all Americans– including these bad guys. If they should walk free because my boys are serving their country in war it would be a slap in the face – a terrible injustice. I see many car stickers nowadays saying ‘support our troops’ and it makes me feel wonderful. Now we can support our troops by not letting these people go free.”

One of the Mother’s concerns is for the safety of all military people. She explained that should the alleged assailants walk free, she fears it will then be open season on all military personnel enjoying leave at home before being deployed overseas.

The Jahn family now hopes that public awareness of this situation may help in their fight to see justice served in Pike County.

email: daoffice@pikepa.org

For other points of contact:
http://www.pikepa.org/districtattorney.htm
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My email to the da:

Quote:
In the case of the attack on the Jahn marine twins I have one question for the court: If the Jahn twins had been left unconscious or dead would the court dismiss the case because they couldn't be there to testify? OK, I have another question: Has this court never heard of using sworn statements as evidence? Surely there are plenty of precedents for this practice.

depotoo
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a great response! hope others will contact them, too. this is just not right!
Fphamm
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, now I'm pissed, these jacka$$es that did this, don't deserve, or need a trial, just a speedy hangin' from the nearest tree. This type of crap has to stop. My heart goes out to the two sould who got this treatment for serving their country. I'm emailing to the DA on this one.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am pretty sure under the Soldier and Sailors Relief Act any pending court actions MUST be delayed if one of the parties are deployed. Throw that at the lawyers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: