SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Great article: Why Lady is voting for Bush

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Great article: Why Lady is voting for Bush Reply with quote

Great 4 page article about a lady with dual citizenship who will vote for Bush. She takes some good swipes at Kerry.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,11069-1314232_1,00.html
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I do not want the global jihadists and women-hating fundamentalists to be celebrating Bush’s defeat.

Cheers to a smart lady. Smile
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very good read. If more Democrats felt that way then they could take back their party from the Ulta-Left.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why Republicans aren't hammering this home:

Kerry voted against the 1991 Gulf war, despite his present blather about the United Nations, global tests and international alliances. There could not have been a broader coalition then. Had Kerry been president, Saddam would not only be in power today; he would be richer, more powerful and running Kuwait.

This is a good point about Kerry's "Global Test" comment.
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FreeFall wrote:

Kerry voted against the 1991 Gulf war, despite his present blather about the United Nations, global tests and international alliances. There could not have been a broader coalition then. Had Kerry been president, Saddam would not only be in power today; he would be richer, more powerful and running Kuwait.

The problem is that the Medis is giving him a pass. His resord has come up several times on the Gulf War I but like sKerry himself.....

That dog wont hunt.
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I especially liked this section:

Quote:
With limited means of his own, he has a fondness for heiresses that Jane Austen would have recognised. His first wife was from a family worth $300m. When they separated, Kerry was forced to live on his own relatively meagre salary. Thus began his years as “Cash and Kerry”: he has the distinction of having taken more money from lobbyists in Washington than any other senator, Democrat or Republican.

Fabius Cunctator
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sdonions wrote:
FreeFall wrote:

The problem is that the Medis is giving him a pass. His resord has come up several times on the Gulf War I but like sKerry himself.....

That dog wont hunt.

I went to the Bush rally in Sunrise, FL (i.e. Fort Lauderdale) on Saturday morning, and he indeed hammered on this issue, ending with the statement that with all that coalition, we still did not pass Kerry's global test. Of course, the response was intense boos from the audience.

"Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum; qui victoriam cupit, milites inbuat diligenter; qui secundos optat eventus, dimicet arte, non casu. Nemo provocare, nemo audet offendere quem intellegit superiorem esse, si pugnet." - F. Vegetii Renati Epitoma Rei Militaris, AD 380
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fabius for letting me know! I am glad Bush is mentioning this.

Also, I liked the line about Kerry's penchant for marrying rich women, that cracked me up. I am a fan of Jane Austin's work and Kerry does remind of Mr. Wickham from Pride and Prejudice; a military neer-do-well trying to marry wealthy women.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: