SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Splain-it to me?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blue9t3
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Splain-it to me? Reply with quote

When does Kofi who named his kid after a mean st.bernard (Kujo) loose his job? I'm wondering! is this some kind of appointment for life or what? The UN has terrorist nations in charge of human rights,Kofi's kid involved in vouchers for cash under the table scams, Chirac in charge of guarding the money and vetoing UN resulutions, I could keep going but my fingers get sore! Please! when does his dismal reign end? Evil or Very Mad
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

His dictatorship of the UN ends in 2006! The Security Council nominates, oh, I mean bribe..then it gets thrown to the General Assembly for vote..he was voted in 2001..for second term. The UN is useless, IMHO..they should stick to Humanitarian work , that is if they can even do that right..

WE are hated and viled at the UN ..and to be honest, THIS American could care less..When Syria was put on the Human Rights Commission, that did it for me..however, it is who pays off who and who holds black mail on who..this organization needs IMHO, to be mothballed..enough is enough.. Evil or Very Mad

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And don't forget Libya having a seat on the World Disarmament Commission back before it disarmed itself of its nuclear program! Wink

The UN has completely discredited itself in the world.

They're a big joke - a shell of the promise they used to at least pretend to be.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, NNN

I remember the Bush Administration's warning to UN
"You are in danger of becoming irrelevant." at the time, in reference
to the lack of enforcement of resolutions. But I wonder if the
warning was also referring to the impending scandal, bribery, kickbacksl.
Maybe,"We are aware of your corruption"???

The UN is discredited and irrelevant!!
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? All those John Birch society "whack-o's" were right.

The UN is beyond worthless, but it looks like we are stuck with them. So, the only option we have is to rid them of the corruption and the only way to do that is to throw out the current regime. To do that there must be a massive amount of pressure put on Congress.

We need regime change in the UN, but no one, until W, has had the guts to take them on. If it weren't for him, Saddam would still be in power and thanks to oil for food scamorama and our *friends* the French, along with Russia and China, would have cranked up his WMD and probably be well on his way to having a nuke.

UN, the OIM, sheesh. Talk about hosting your own worst enemies within our own borders...
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From a Readers Digest article last year;

Quote:
The real problem with the UN isn’t corruption. It’s moral blindness. To the UN, a junta is a democracy is a police state. All states – as long as they’re “member” states – have equal moral authority. With the exception of the United States and Israel, which are both frequently the objects of withering scorn, no one country is considered intrinsically better or worse than any other. It’s hard to police the world if you won’t acknowledge the difference between cops and robbers.

From Hey UN, Inspect This, By Tucker Carlson (as appeared in the July 2003 edition of Readers Digest, page 29 to 32)

From the same article;

Quote:
[As America was preparing to invade Iraq], Switzerland, after almost 60 years, had finally decided to join the United Nations. But there was a problem: Switzerland has a square flag. UN regulations require the flags of all member nations to be rectangular. An impasse ensued. Experts were summoned. The controversy raged. Finally, a compromise was struck. Switzerland was allowed to maintain the shape of its flag. But it had to reduce the size.

The Great Swiss Flag Debate went largely unnoticed by the rest of the world. At UN headquarters in New York, tough, it was big news. The UN isn’t very good at preventing wars or stopping genocide or liberating the oppressed. It can rarely bring itself to criticize even the most murderous despots. But if you’re looking for someone to moderate a debate over the shape of your national flag, the UN is the place for you.

They passed worthless a long time ago.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what came first, Lew? The corruption or the moral blindness? It is the classic chicken/egg controversy.

They are corrupt because they are moral blind, and they are made morally blind by their corruption.

Ultimately, the only thing that matters is that the UN is never put in any position of authority with the United States govt, or our policy decisions. For crying out loud, the State Sept is bad enough. And of course, we all know the key to isolating the UN, in the immediate future, anyway, is making sure Kerry is defeated soundly on Nov. 2nd.

"Global test? I didn't say global test! I would never say global test! I meant, a sort of a test, it would be a nuanced sort of test, but I would never EVER let any authority outside the US dictate to us what is best for America!"

blah blah blah! Won't somebody make Kerry SHUT UP? He is worse than a neighbor's yapping dog at 3 in the morning.
USAFE5
PO2

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I propose that the UN be relocated to Europe or Africa. I think we could use the land in New York more productively. Can anyone tell me why we must continue to support this corrupt entity on American soil?
They get away with violating our laws using diplomatic excuses and cause traffic nightmares for the residents of New York. Just give them an eviction notice and let's redevelop the area.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lew Waters says:

From a Readers Digest article last year;

Quote:
The real problem with the UN isn’t corruption. It’s moral blindness. To the UN, a junta is a democracy is a police state. All states – as long as they’re “member” states – have equal moral authority. With the exception of the United States and Israel, which are both frequently the objects of withering scorn, no one country is considered intrinsically better or worse than any other. It’s hard to police the world if you won’t acknowledge the difference between cops and robbers.

The UN is made up of far too many Third World countries with tinhorn
dictators and repressive regimes where the people have no freedoms
and are horribly oppressed.

How can the UN give "member" states like Sudan, Somalia and
Saddam's Iraq the same moral eqivalency as the U.S.?

Easy! The UN itself has become an immoral laughing stock of the world.
It is crumbling from within.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you ever get a chance, go to the UN around quitting time, and tell me what you see all around the UN building........wanna know.................Prostitutes...........that's right.........prostitutes, and everyone of them is getting picked up by a third country UN employee.

Its time for the US to get out of the UN and the UN to get out of the US.

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

USAFE5 wrote:
I propose that the UN be relocated to Europe or Africa. I think we could use the land in New York more productively. Can anyone tell me why we must continue to support this corrupt entity on American soil?
They get away with violating our laws using diplomatic excuses and cause traffic nightmares for the residents of New York. Just give them an eviction notice and let's redevelop the area.

I have proposed Gibralter for some time now. It's more centrally located, and they would need to be 'motivated to show up there. Not quite the vacation and glitz of NYC, but, oh well. Smile
sdonions
PO3

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about a revolving HQ for them. I suggest they go where they are needed the most among their PeaceKeepers. First place should be Sudan so they can get a first hand view of what is happening there. Then maybe they can go to North Korea or Iran and have face to face talks about the nuke there. Twisted Evil
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is my humble opinion that the USA should withdraw from every part of the UN with the possible exception of the WHO and a few of their humanitarian organizations. We should stop funding this den of terrorists and American haters. I can't think of a single thing they have ever done for our benefit since they invaded and took over some our prime real estate in New York. When will this country wise up and evict them from American soil? Send them to Europe where they would be welcomed. Their diplomats are immune from our laws and cause us no end of problems. Ask them to leave; give them 60 days to do so; any still around should be jailed as illegals.
CandiM
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
If you ever get a chance, go to the UN around quitting time, and tell me what you see all around the UN building........wanna know.................Prostitutes...........that's right.........prostitutes, and everyone of them is getting picked up by a third country UN employee.

One can only wonder if it's illegal in New York for one prostitute to pick-up another.......--C
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

One can only wonder if it's illegal in New York for one prostitute to pick-up another.......--C

Now thats funny........... Laughing Laughing

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: