SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FORMER VIETNAM VET AND POW BASHING STOLEN ON FOX NOW!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:43 pm    Post subject: FORMER VIETNAM VET AND POW BASHING STOLEN ON FOX NOW!!! Reply with quote

Former Amb., Vietnam Vet and Pow, Pete Peterson on Fox News right now. (Fox and Friends) badmouthing Stolen Honor and Sherwood and Sinclair. To quote one cheap shot "I think Sherwood stole the veterns' valor and is using it for political purposes." It should be mentioned that Pete Peterson is also a Democrat from where I don't know. Just caught the last few moments of this interview.

Also wish to point out that Fox also had Sherwood on immediately prior to Peterson.

It totally has me baffled how this Peterson person and the other Vietnam vets who side with Kerry, can possibly have that thought process. They were there, they know as well as the people on the website how things were. Peterson also said in closing that the Vietnam war was ended probably much sooner because of John Kerry. My question is a simply one Why?

Avant
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We should follow all of their trails - everyone like this - if he gets elected. My guess is there are promises made. Or, threats.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What neither interview cavered is the fact that General Giap in his memoirs states that in 1968 that the N. Vietnamese were ready to surrender because they were totally defeated. He states that because of the VVAW and Walter Cronkite reporting that they decided to keep the war going. Thank you John Kerry and CBS for extending the war another 7 years.
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just thought I would add this just in case it may help with this topic.
After watching this on Fox News, I did a search on Pete Peterson. He is a former member of congress from Florida and the first ambassador to Vietnam since normalizing relations in the 90's. I was concerned when he said that he never heard anything about John Kerry and what he was saying back in the U.S. all the while he was a P.O.W.

I found the following quote attributed to Doug "Pete" Peterson from the website http://www.pbs.org/hanoi/

On lack of information:
"We didn't know who the President was. We didn't know that a man had walked on the moon. We didn't know the details as to anything going on in the streets of America and clearly there was a lot happening back there. In fact, the Vietnamese would bring quotes back saying that this occurred in such and such a place in an anti-war demonstration and we discounted it totally as propaganda."

The last sentence of the quote would indicate that he DID hear what was being said back in the U.S. I would like to know whether or not John Kerry's testimony in front of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee WAS played for him. Even IF he didn't hear this at the time, from his quote, he has admitted that the "...Vietnamese would bring quotes back saying that this occurred in such and such a place in a n anti-war demonstration..."

I read Pete Peterson's bio and I commend him and appreciate his sacrifice. He has had tremendous loss in his life and I admire his strength. However, I feel he is not giving the same respect to his fellow P.O.W.s who suffered along with him and the Veterans who were hurt by John Kerry's words and actions. I did not think it was fair of him at all to make the claim that Stolon Honor is "dishonoring" veterans.

~ILUVTHEUSA
George F. Thompson
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 6:46 pm    Post subject: Former Vietnam Vet Reply with quote

Two words: Vested Intrest?
George F. Thompson
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: