SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SMEAR IN CHRISTIAN CHATROOMS????
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FirstKlassAct
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doll wrote:
As a Born Again believer I would explain to your friend in love that in the Bible one of the seven things listed that God hates is a "liar". I would advise her that when she hears anything negative about GWB she should pray and the holy spirit will give her discernment to what is true and good and to what is false and not of a good report. I would explain that the Lord considers a bad report evil.

As a Christian it is incumbant upon us to be balanced and fair according to our Christian beliefs and vote in accordance to what is moral.

GWB does not support same sex marriage, abortion, stem cell research using embryos, and he says what he means and does what he says. He is a moral man with substance and conviction. Much like King Joshiah from the Bible. GWB is not ashamed to speak about what his faith means and means to him personally. He embraces prayer. Ask your friend to do as the Bible commands and that is to pray for our leaders.

I would also make her aware that we will account to the Lord for who we voted for and why we voted for that person. The bible is clear that we must be careful how we hear. I would suggest you gently tell your friend in love to be careful what she reads. As a Christian we must be able to discern what is of an evil report just as we must discern what is of a good report.

I pray the Lord to give your friend the wisdom and discernment in these areas.

Remember, just because it sounds like God, or looks like God does not mean that it is from God. Prayer will give your friend discernment.

doll:

It seems that our (small) airport here in town is having an air show today. I just took this pic less than 15 minutes ago. I walked outside to take the pic, but my monitor is right by a window. Every time I look up, this is what I see.

You and anyone else that may be interested have my permission to save this pic and post it wherever you like as long as it's used in a meaningful way. Yes, I took the pic, but IMO, there is no copyright on the Almighty. Wink

FKA
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
next generation
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

azTrish wrote:

The irony of dis-information as a tactic is, it's a tool un-available to the right as there is not one thing I could think of that would be considered offensive to his liberal base..

Because we have seen it all, from moveon, moore, CBS & c., Their leader McCaullif (sp) calling the Vets and the president liars and he still has supporters that look like average mom and dads, gramps and grandmas, besides extremists. Thats amazing.

I had thought the honest hardworking well intended registered Democrats would have remained as appalled as they were during the last election, how the democrats in control raked the country through the mud and be ashamed to be alligned with the DNC...

We'll see maybe they are putting on a show and hopefully will vote with their conscience.

Trish

Trish is so right. The Bush-haters supporting Kerry, I can understand. The union members that my husband works with supporting Kerry, I can understand (that's the "I check my brains at the door when I come to work and vote for who the union tells me to" mentality).

What I can't understand is people like my mother and father-in-law, who blindly believe everything they read, and parrot the Democratic talking points unquestioningly. The platform of the DNC completely contradicts most of their core beliefs, but if you point this out to them, they just fall back on the rhetoric they've heard. Honestly, I don't even try to talk politics with them anymore, because it's just too frustrating, you feel like you're banging your head against a brick wall.

I also am astonished by the numbers of people who are completely un-fazed by the sleaze of the current Democrat campaign. Basically everything that comes out of John Kerry's mouth lately is a complete, bald-faced lie, and otherwise thoughtful, intelligent people are just lapping it up. It completely defies explanation.

As an afterthought, thinking of other posts in this thread, I would add that this type of voter is not simply uninformed, and open to changing their mind based on education on the issues. This type of voter doesn't want to hear the truth, and wouldn't change his or her position no matter what indisputable evidence was presented to them.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Hey "ARI" You Appreciate Art Also!! Ha Ha Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:

And I still say...If you ordered a truckload of A...holes,
and only John Kerry showed up, you would NOT be
short loaded!!!
Wink

Mary Ann Parker

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would ask the Christian who is relying upon this unverified claim meant to slander President Bush ...

as a Christian remember Paul --- who initially persecuted Christians but then was touched by God to spread Christianity throughout the world --- God didn't say -- Paul you have done wrong in your past -- so I will not use you ...

remind this Christian about the story of Jesus and the woman being stoned --- Christ said --- those without sin to cast the first stone -- Jesus also said that just as there were none to accuse this woman he would not judge her either

We all have sin in our lives and fall short of the perfection and glory of God --- so what we have left is a choice between President Bush who is a man of faith, born -again --- and those of us who are born again know what God's grace is really about --- those who have spent their entire lives in a close walk with God --- great, glad to hear it --- but

DROP THE ROCKS.....

When a story comes up like this ... DROP THE ROCKS .... and decide

if abortion is your only issue --- then will you vote for a man who allows partial birth abortions or is against this hellish practice.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FirstKlassAct wrote:
doll wrote:
As a Born Again believer I would explain to your friend in love that in the Bible one of the seven things listed that God hates is a "liar". I would advise her that when she hears anything negative about GWB she should pray and the holy spirit will give her discernment to what is true and good and to what is false and not of a good report. I would explain that the Lord considers a bad report evil.

As a Christian it is incumbant upon us to be balanced and fair according to our Christian beliefs and vote in accordance to what is moral.

GWB does not support same sex marriage, abortion, stem cell research using embryos, and he says what he means and does what he says. He is a moral man with substance and conviction. Much like King Joshiah from the Bible. GWB is not ashamed to speak about what his faith means and means to him personally. He embraces prayer. Ask your friend to do as the Bible commands and that is to pray for our leaders.

I would also make her aware that we will account to the Lord for who we voted for and why we voted for that person. The bible is clear that we must be careful how we hear. I would suggest you gently tell your friend in love to be careful what she reads. As a Christian we must be able to discern what is of an evil report just as we must discern what is of a good report.

I pray the Lord to give your friend the wisdom and discernment in these areas.

Remember, just because it sounds like God, or looks like God does not mean that it is from God. Prayer will give your friend discernment.

doll:

It seems that our (small) airport here in town is having an air show today. I just took this pic less than 15 minutes ago. I walked outside to take the pic, but my monitor is right by a window. Every time I look up, this is what I see.

You and anyone else that may be interested have my permission to save this pic and post it wherever you like as long as it's used in a meaningful way. Yes, I took the pic, but IMO, there is no copyright on the Almighty. Wink

FKA

Thank you.........and may God bless America!
LimaCharlie
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sister is a lifelong Republican, Christian, retired, and living alone on social security in Colorado. She only gets television off the air, does not subscribe to a newspaper, and has no internet access. She was voting for John Kerry before I talked to her about his record and what he told Congress while I was an advisor in Viet Nam. She is now voting very reluctantly for George Bush. She believed George Bush wants to take away social security and Medicare. She says she wishes John McCain was running because he is much nicer than that nasty George Bush. One step at a time, but that is what we are up against. If you don’t have access to the alternative internet and cable news sources, John Kerry looks pretty good against that nasty guy getting our children killed in a useless war and taking away your social security.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys: I am more like the Peter the fisherman/roughneck kind of Christian believer than I am the super correct Pharisee kinda Christian. I am more Mary Magdalene than I am the pot-luck-baking, nice little Church lady in the frilly white blouse. The good news with that is I never think I am better than anyone else, and never quit being amazed that Jesus Christ would care about the likes of me.

I also never stop living in the real world, simply because I put my faith and live my life in Jesus Christ.

So if you will forgive me for saying so, but the insular little white-bread Christian church world of *nice* manners and *proper* speech doesn't seem to have been able to do much to hold back the onslaught of the Enemy, now has it? We have been holding our little meetings with our own *special* church* friends while they have been laying waste to our cities and towns, and carrying off our children while we slept.

So I say: screw the lying freaks.

Amen.

Wink
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dang, Kimmymac, remind me not to stand too close if you ever REALLY get wound up about something in church!!
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kimmymac wrote:
Oh yeah, I forgot to tell you guys: I am more like the Peter the fisherman/roughneck kind of Christian believer than I am the super correct Pharisee kinda Christian. I am more Mary Magdalene than I am the pot-luck-baking, nice little Church lady in the frilly white blouse. The good news with that is I never think I am better than anyone else, and never quit being amazed that Jesus Christ would care about the likes of me.

I also never stop living in the real world, simply because I put my faith and live my life in Jesus Christ.

So if you will forgive me for saying so, but the insular little white-bread Christian church world of *nice* manners and *proper* speech doesn't seem to have been able to do much to hold back the onslaught of the Enemy, now has it? We have been holding our little meetings with our own *special* church* friends while they have been laying waste to our cities and towns, and carrying off our children while we slept.

So I say: screw the lying freaks.

Amen.

Wink

Yes another one!! Very Happy I have the same personality "PETER" the bold one Very Happy
azTrish
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course its a fake, folded date and all that, but..
I was reading someones detailed ripping up of this and Photo and the article

They have a eureka moment, the date if 81, 82, blah, neither or all would never fall on a sunday, so haa you fools..

I have seen dates in stone especially old graves hah!! The dates are wrong. Besides a liberl Newspaper we all gets jus about everything wrong.

Sheesh it is funny when they think they have a brain.. well they do it just didn't come with instructions and warning labels.

Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: