SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Anyone Socking MRE's and Ammo
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rurik
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2004 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: My P38 got ripped off by a TSA grunt at the airport Reply with quote

PigBoatAndy wrote:
Lthrneck - My P38 got ripped off by a TSA grunt at the airport. Sad ....

Makes sense to me. What if you'd used it to pop a can of Ham-n-Mammies in an enclosed space, surrounded by civilians? Shocked Can you imagine the consternation Laughing

Essayons!
Fight Build and Destroy

Last edited by Rurik on Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2004 3:16 am    Post subject: The question is when they will hit Reply with quote

I dont know about you guys but Im sure that if this moron wins they will be sure to hit the US to let the public know we are not safe no matter what we do. If bush wins I dont think they will hit inside the borders. just a hunch.
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I dont know about you guys but Im sure that if this moron wins they will be sure to hit the US to let the public know we are not safe no matter what we do. If bush wins I dont think they will hit inside the borders. just a hunch.

I don't know - our Director of Emergency Services (US Navy Retiree), our Fire Marshall (USMC Vet), our Fire Chief (USMC Vet), and our Director of Citizens Corps (USNavy Medical Corps Vet, a trauma doc) - all say that no matter who wins -- we will get hit ---they hate our guts.

So, as Lord Baden-Powell says "Be Prepared"
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Is "Thinking" About The August 2003 Power Black Ou Reply with quote

Is "Thinking" About The August 2003 Power Black Out Relevant To Terrorism ?

I am a graduate of the "Duck and Cover" drills in the public schools in the 1950's - and there was a Nike battery between my house and my school.

In a number of rather unreadable papers ("The Unruly Power Grid" by Peter Fairley - August 2004 SPECTRUM; "Cascading Failures" by former Shuttle Astronaut Jay Apt, Lester Lave, and Sarosh Talukdar, "Cascading Failures: Survival Versus Prevention, The Electricity Journal, November 2003) - Apt, Lave, and Talukdar make the argument - with respect to power blackouts - if blackouts are as hard to predict and prevent as tsunamis and earthquakes, we should make it our business to be prepared. Apt etc. argue that the proper inquiry is not "how to prevent blackouts" - but how to survive them.

I would rephrase it - our inquiry is not "how to prevent terror attacks" - clearly we must try to prevent terror attacks - but how to survive them.

It is pessimistic - but totally realistic. If one terrorist team with one dirty bomb gets through our security (or plants a bomb in a container ship) our porous borders and random check port security may not be 100% effective.

The issue is a robust, resilient, and reliant society and infrastructure - and enabling our robust, resilient, and reliant society and infrastructure to recover quickly.

As this year's hurricanes show - we have started to learn the disaster preparedness lessons of 9/11and Loma Prieta and Northridge.

It may be fun to post about whether Bush or Kerry will be more effective at "deterring" a terrorist attack. But, IMO, we have to prepare as if another terrorist attack, and another three hurricane season, and another rupture along New Madrid or San Andreas, and another Mt. St. Helens eruption is almost a certainty - because it is.
Cali-HeyGirl
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lthrneck wrote:
Redleg wrote:
My lasting memory of the C-rats was a '50's vintage hot chocolate hockey puck.
While in the field, I broke one up and put it with hot water in my canteen. Needless to say the puck hardened on the bottom and I could taste the damn thing for weeks. I finally had to punch a hole in the canteen just to get a new one.

I recall putting Kool Aide in my plastic canteen. Bad move couldn't get the grape taste outta my coffee. Recall for awhile all smokes w/o filters in c-rats so they had to be vintage Korean war at least. That chocolate puck was truly awful also. These new guys don't realize how good the MRE's are in comparisson. I try and keep a couple cases around the house and I can't keep my 15 yr old outta them.

You two gave me a much needed laugh today...Thanx Laughing
My husband is on deployment again to the Persian Gulf...His ship has had some big time problems with water....
He is a black shoe and sent me an e-mail saying the airdales cannot learn to accept anything, but Hollywood showers Wink

I am here alone but well prepared...
OOH-YAH!
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 9:55 pm    Post subject: The Flu Vaccine Contamination --> SABATOGE Reply with quote

The latest rumor from my wife (a real, post-9/11 "Security Mom") - a hot rumor from a friend of hers who is an Emergency Room (not trauma, just walk ins) Nurse----

Part One -- The contamination of the 50,000,000 units of flu vaccine at Chiron's factory in Liverpool UK was no accident - and no "over abundance of caution."

Part Two -- The hot rumor is --- sabatoge by AlQaida (lots of Muslims in Liverpool - isn't Liverpool where the "Shoe Bomber" came from?).

The logic - or illogic - or grand strategy - would be to hit us with some new strains of viruses when our collective immune resistance is compromised.

This RN friend also said that all of these "Criuse Ship" gastric viruses were a trial run -- and the Chiron "sabatoge" was the first pitch. Question Question

Makes you appreciate Surgeon General Dr. Richard Carmona at this time.
texcritter
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Re: My P38 got ripped off by a TSA grunt at the airport Reply with quote

PigBoatAndy wrote:
Lthrneck - My P38 got ripped off by a TSA grunt at the airport. Sad Haven't looked for a new one.

Back around 86 I was the SK for CBU 407 and all of our C-Rats were condemned and I rescued all the P38's before destroying the meals. I think I still have 1 or 2 left so send me an email with an send to address and as soon as I can find them, I will mail you one.

Respects
PigBoatAndy
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

texcritter-

Thanks. After I posted that append, on a hunch I went to the local hardware/camping/outdoors store. Bought a blister pack of five. Now that is luxury!! - a blister pack.
Rich
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep enough MREs and water to allow my family and I to survive for two weeks. And ammo?................well of course, plenty of ammo. I for one didnt spend my formative years watching MTV,playing X-box, and smoking pot. I was a boy scout "remember them"? and was/am "always prepared"......................Rich
82nd_Airborne_Dad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Been prepared since 9-11 . . . Reply with quote

The day will come when a stike on America happens again. I feel our best defense is a well thought out offense (so does President Bush). But that will likely come after the bass turds take out one or two of our major cities. They better be praying to allah, because God damn their sorry azzes.

Preparedness starts at home. My wife and I have enough food to last about a year. Water is on city well, and hopefully we wouldn't loose that. Face it we're screwed if they do contaminate vast water suppies. I just hope that those that are left will take swift and strong action in the Middle East.

We currently have around 1000 rounds of 9mm, and about 200 rounds of 7mm mag, 500 rounds of 12-gauge, and 40 rounds of 20-guage, 500+ rounds of 22 . . . and then about 40 pounds of assorted black powder.

I think it would pass personal preparedness. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: