SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Stolen Honor: Send email to Advertisers supporting showing
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lance_Flatchew
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:46 am    Post subject: Letter from the Democratic National Commiittee Reply with quote

Here is a an e-mail sent to anyone who subscribes to the DNC web site...

We need to call to give the other side!

Quote:
Dear Lance,

The Sinclair Broadcasting Group, a conservative broadcasting company that runs television stations in dozens of major television markets nationwide, has ordered its stations to preempt other programming and air an anti-Kerry program days before Election Day.

The so-called "documentary," called "Stolen Honor," was written, produced, and funded by extreme right-wing activists. Sinclair is using its reach to broadcast a blatantly political -- and false -- message while disguising it as "news."

And this isn't the first time the Sinclair corporate office has compromised the journalistic integrity of its stations. It ordered ABC affiliates not to air a nonpartisan tribute to our fallen U.S. soldiers, fearing the consequences for George W. Bush. It has refused to run a DNC ad that challenged Bush for citing faulty intelligence about Iraq. And Sinclair and its executives have contributed thousands of dollars to Republican causes -- and the CEO has given the maximum donation to Bush-Cheney 04.

Take Action
Sinclair Broadcasting is using its television stations to disguise right-wing smears against John Kerry as news. The Democratic Party has filed a complaint with the Federal Elections Commission to protest this illegal corporate contribution to the Bush campaign.

But we need your help to stop this right-wing attack on John Kerry. An overwhelming outcry from the public may be the only way to stop Sinclair from forcing these smears onto the airwaves. There are two ways that we need to take action immediately:

Call Sinclair's affiliates. Click here for a list of phone numbers for Sinclair stations. Call them to let them know what you think about their decision to air untrue smears about John Kerry just before Election Day.
Sign our petition. Click here to sign our petition demanding that Sinclair take their negative smears off the air.

Sinclair Affiliates
Alabama
WABM
Birmingham
(205) 943-2168

WDBB
Birmingham
(205) 943-2168

WTTO
Birmingham
(205) 943-2168

WFGX
Mobile
(850) 456-3333

California
KOVR
Sacramento
(916) 374-1313

Florida
WTWC
Tallahassee
(850) 893-4140

WTTA
Tampa
(813) 886-9882

WEAR
Tallahassee
(251) 433-3333

Iowa
KGAN
Cedar Rapids
(319) 395-9060

KDSM
Des Moines
(515) 256-1700

Illinois
WYZZ
Peoria
(309) 688-3131

WICD
Springfield
(217) 351-8500

WICS
Springfield
(217) 753-5620

Kentucky
WDKY
Lexington
(859) 268-2665

KBSI
Paducah
(573) 334-1223

WDKA
Paducah
(573) 334-1223

Massachusetts
WGGB
Springfield
(413) 733-4040

Maryland
WBFF
Baltimore
(410) 467 4545

WNUV
Baltimore
(410) 467-8854

Maine
WGME
Portland
(207) 797-1313

Michigan
WSMH
Flint
(810) 785-8866

Minnesota
KMWB
Minneapolis
(651) 646-2300

Missouri
KDNL
St. Louis
(314) 436-3030

KSMO
Kansas City
(913) 576-7762

North Carolina
WFBC
Asheville
(828) 684-1340

WLOS
Asheville
(828) 684-1340

WUPN
Greensboro
(336) 274-4848

WXLV
Greensboro
(336) 274-4848

WLFL
Raleigh-Durham
(919) 872-9535

WRDC
Raleigh-Durham
(919) 878-6198

Nevada
KVWB
Las Vegas
(702) 873-0033

KFBT
Las Vegas
(702) 873-0033

New York
WUTV
Buffalo
(716) 773-7531

WNYS
Syracuse
(315) 472-6800

WSYT
Syracuse
(315) 472-6800

WUTV
Grand Island
(716) 773-7531

WUHF
Rochester
(585) 232-3700

Ohio
WTTE
Columbus
(614) 481-6666

WSYX
Columbus
(614) 481-6666

WKEF
Dayton
(937) 263.4500

WRGT
Dayton
(937) 263.4500

WSTR
Cincinnati
(513) 641-4400

Oklahoma
KOCB
Oklahoma City
(405) 843-2525

KOKH
Oklahoma City
(405) 843-2525

Pennsylvania
WPGH
Pittsburgh
(412) 931-5300

WCWB
Pittsburgh
(412) 931-5300

South Carolina
WMMP
Charleston
(843) 744-2424

WTAT
Charleston
(843) 744-2424

Tennessee
WUXP
Nashville
(310) 369-3066

WZTV
Nashville
(615) 244-1717

WEMT
Tri-Cities
(423) 283-3900

Texas
KABB
San Antonio
(210) 366-1129

KRRT
San Antonio
(210) 366-1129

Virginia
WTVZ
Norfolk
(757) 622-3333

WRLH
Richmond
(804) 345-3693

Wisconsin
WCGV
Milwaukee
(414) 442-7050

WVTV
Milwaukee
(414) 442-7050

WMSN
Madison
(608) 833-0047

West Virginia
WCHS
Charleston
(304) 346-5358

WVAH
Charleston
(304) 757-0011
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU for that one-click list! What a lovely concept.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sent E-Mails to all of these sponsors, but I had to do them individually. The one-click method was out of commission.
82nd_Airborne_Dad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 pm    Post subject: If the advertisers want a show down . . . Reply with quote

and decide to pull their ads, I say boycott them just like many of us have done to the french. The truth must be heard . . . .
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy JUST FOR FUN Very Happy

Do you think the DEMons are getting any replies back like I am?
They're certainly comical

Quote:
HMMA-resume box
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at Hyundai Motor Manufacturing Alabama. We have received your email and will process your inquiry in a timely manner. Your information will remain active for a period of one year, and you will be notified if you are being considered for a particular opening.

Thank you again for your interest in HMMA and we wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

Trashed the other one.......DIABETES ORDER & SERVICE Shocked
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Stolen Valor Reply with quote

Fellow vets

Take a few minutes today and email the below individuals and encourage them to air Stolen Valor.

George M
US Navy
Vietnam Vet

mhyman@sbgnet.com VP Corp relations Sinclair

dsmith@sbgnet.com CEO of Sinclair Broadcasting group

jdegeo@sbgnet.com Sinclair media manager

campaignlaw@fcc.com FCC to tout Stolen Valor

Last edited by gmez2001 on Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:23 am; edited 1 time in total
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
Man, the dems are organized. Shocked If the republican party was this organized we could really do some damage. Evil or Very Mad That was incredible, one click and I can send mail to all to them. The mail service is totally clogged right now, I can't get through.

Hell these Dems have plenty of time most of them are students living at home. I found time to fire off about 25 or so emails to advertisers,FCC and Sinclair.
Maybe with Sinclair we can start getting some balanced news!!!!!!

Last edited by gmez2001 on Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:33 am; edited 1 time in total
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd strongly suggest sending individual emals from your own comuter. The mass mailing will probably be filtered out before anyone sees it. I just made a copy of the list and pasted it in a word document which I can now work from.
GiveMeFreedom
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This just in from Soft-Vision:

Re: http://www.soft-vision.com/stolenhonor:

THANKS TO ALL Thank you to all who signed or who just came intending to sign and send one of the letters below. The issue is now MOOT! You did it!! You made a difference. Over 7000 people signed in. I could hardly find the
regular mail it got so busy. People came from every state in the Union as well as Korea, Australia, New Zeland,
Canada, UK, Bahama's, Virgin Islands and Philipines ( France & Germany are still pouting I guess )

Please consider visiting: http://www.stolenhonor.com and buying a copy of the DVD to share with your friends and neighbors. SOFTVision nor Joe receive no commision or other renumeration for your purchase.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2004 19:06:17 -0400
To: Joe Oliver <joessoft@yahoo.com>

October 19, 2004

Sinclair Broadcasting has released new information about the content of the special, slated to air on Friday night at 8pm. Please visit our website at www.wgme.com for additional information about this program.

Alan Cartwright
General Manager
WGME 13

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPECIAL PROGRAM
BALTIMORE (October 19, 2004)
Sinclair Broadcast Group (Nasdaq: SBGI) announced today that on Friday, October 22, 2004 at 8:00 p.m. WGME 13 will air a special one-hour news program, entitled A POW Story: Politics, Pressure and the Media. The news special will focus in part on the use of documentaries and other media to influence voting, which emerged during the 2004 political campaigns, as well as on the content of certain of these documentaries. The program will also examine the role of the media in filtering the information contained in these documentaries, allegations of media bias by media organizations that ignore or filter legitimate news and the attempts by candidates and other organizations to influence media coverage. Contrary to numerous inaccurate political and press accounts, the Sinclair stations will not be airing the documentary “Stolen Honor” in its entirety. At no time did Sinclair ever publicly announce that it intended to do so. In fact, since the controversy began, Sinclair’s website has prominently displayed the following statement: “The program has not been videotaped and the exact format of this unscripted event has not been finalized. Characterizations regarding the content are premature and are based on ill-informed sources.” While the news special will discuss the allegations surrounding Senator John Kerry’s anti-Vietnam War activities in the early 1970s raised by a number of former POWs in “Stolen Honor,” it will do so in the context of the broader discussion outlined above. The program will be hosted by Jeff Barnd, the Emmy award winning co-anchor of Fox 45’s 10:00 News which airs on WBFF-TV, Sinclair’s flagship station in Baltimore, Maryland. Joe DeFeo, Sinclair’s Vice President of News commented that, “As with all news programming produced by Sinclair’s News Central, A POW Story is being produced with the highest journalistic standards and integrity. We have not ceded, and will not in the future cede, control of our news reporting to any outside organization or political group. We are endeavoring, as we do with all of our news coverage, to present both sides of the issues covered in an equal and impartial manner.” In fact, Sinclair has been in private communication with Senator Kerry’s campaign, including a recent face-to-face meeting with senior campaign officials, for approximately two weeks in order to negotiate participation in the special by either Senator Kerry or his designee. Although the Kerry campaign declined to participate, Sinclair has left the invitation open and will make every effort to accommodate the Senator up to the air date for the program should he become willing to present his viewpoint for Sinclair’s audience. David Smith noted that, “The experience of preparing to air this news special has been trying for many of those involved. The company and many of its executives have endured personal attacks of the vilest nature, as well as calls on our advertisers and our viewers to boycott our stations and on our shareholders to sell their stock. In addition, and more shockingly, we have received threats of retribution from a member of Senator John Kerry’s campaign and have seen attempts by leading members of Congress to influence the Federal Communications Commission to stop Sinclair from broadcasting this news special. Moreover, these coordinated attacks have occurred without regard to the facts since they predated the broadcast of our news special.” Mr. Smith further stated, “We cannot in a free America yield to the misguided attempts by a small but vocal minority to influence behavior and trample on the First Amendment rights of those with whom they might not agree. I have been encouraged, however, by the thousands of e-mails and other messages I, and others, received supporting Sinclair’s efforts to hold firm to its ideals in the face of a firestorm of controversy which, ironically, was actually based on misinformation. We also took comfort in the positions of other media organizations which supported our right to present this story notwithstanding any disagreement they may have with the content, as well as in the words of Michael Powell, Chairman of the FCC who refused to block the program, noting that to do so would be ‘unconstitutional’ and ‘an absolute disservice to the First Amendment.’” Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies, owns and operates, programs, or provides sales services to 62 television stations in 39 markets. Sinclair's television group includes FOX, WB, ABC, CBS, NBC, and UPN affiliates and reaches approximately 24% of all U.S. television households.

Massachusetts Senator John Kerry has been invited to participate. You can urge him to appear by calling his Washington, D.C. campaign headquarters at (202) 712-3000.

Stations that will Air "A POW Story":
Baltimore WBFF Friday 10/22 8PM
Birmingham WTTO Friday 10/22 7PM
Buffalo WUTV Friday- 10/22 8PM
Cedar Rapids KGAN Friday 10/22 7PM
Champaign, IL WICD Friday 10/22 7PM
Charleston, SC WMMP Friday 10/22 8PM
Charleston, WV WCHS Friday 10/22 8PM
Cincinnati WSTR Friday 10/22 8PM
Columbus WSYX Friday 10/22 8PM
Dayton WKEF Friday 10/22 8PM
Des Moines KDSM Friday 10/22 7PM
Flint WSMH Friday 10/22 8PM
Greensboro WXLV Friday 10/22 8PM
Greenville/Asheville WLOS Friday 10/22 8PM
Kansas City KSMO Friday 10/22 7PM
Las Vegas KVWB Friday 10/22 8PM
Lexington WDKY Friday-10/22 8PM
Madison WMSN Friday-10/22 7PM
Milwaukee WVTV Friday-10/22 7PM
Minneapolis KMWB Friday-10/22 7PM
Nashville WZTV Friday 10/22 7PM
Norfolk WTVZ Friday 10/22 8PM
Oklahoma City KOKH Friday 10/22 7PM
Paducah KBSI Friday 10/22 7PM
Pensacola/Mobile WEAR Friday 10/22 7PM
Peoria WYZZ Friday 10/22 7PM
Pittsburgh WPGH Friday-10/22 8PM
Portland WGME Friday 10/22 8PM
Raleigh WLFL Friday 10/22 8PM
Richmond WRLH Friday-10/22 8PM
Rochester WUHF Friday 10/22 8PM
Sacramento KOVR Friday 10/22 7PM
St. Louis KDNL Friday 10/22 7PM
San Antonio KABB Friday 10/22 7PM
Springfield, MA WGGB Friday 10/22 8PM
Springfield, IL WICS Friday 10/22 7PM
Syracuse WSYT Friday 10/22 8PM
Tallahassee WTWC Friday 10/22 8PM
Tampa WTTA Friday 10/22 8PM
Tri Cities WEMT Friday 10/22 8PM
http://www.operationac.com
Support our Soldiers!!
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:01 pm    Post subject: Re: If the advertisers want a show down . . . Reply with quote

82nd_Airborne_Dad wrote:
and decide to pull their ads, I say boycott them just like many of us have done to the french. The truth must be heard . . . .

I think I agree, if I understand correctly. We've been sending e-mails to Sinclair thanking them for their efforts and they have recinded on most everything they said originally they would do. Perhaps it's time we do the opposite. They caved to the pressure. Perhaps a boycott of their stations and advertisers should be organized to show our outrage.

I have a feeling that whatever they plan to show on Friday is not going to favor us.

Kimberly
gmez2001
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:00 pm    Post subject: Sinclair Reply with quote

Sinclair--A bold voice in these times. It takes courage and patience to bring policy,attitudes and leftist media in check after 30 years.

.....Don't throw this Broadcasting group under the BUS just yet.

GM
margie
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wing Wiper wrote:
Quote:
Man, the dems are organized.

Yeah they are, and I just used their own organization to oppose their stand on the viewing of "Stolen Valor" Very Happy

I did also, or tried to. I got as far as the letter that was pre-typed to send to all the advertizers. I deleted all that they said, and wrote what i wanted, but wasn't able to change the "subject", it just had a menu that came down. I also couldn't erase it. I was afraid if i sent it with that subject it would only be counted as another "anti Sinclair" email, and not really read. I'm sure thousands are being sent by the Kerry pauns.

I'm planning to email Sinclair again and encourage them. Also will buy some stock. I sure can't make up what they have lost, but it's something.
Grateful for SBV
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 6:43 pm    Post subject: Advertiser boycott e-mail list is posted!!!!! E-mail direct Reply with quote

PLEASE...SEARCH SITE... THERE IS A LIST OF ADVERTISORS E-MAIL ADDRESSES POSTED. YOU CAN E-MAIL THEM DIRECTLY WITHOUT GOING THROUGH DEM'S BOYCOTT SITE! You do have to made sure addresses fun consecutively...some holes in posting some...so you have to e-mail in groups instead of all at one time!
marciam
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dems sure are terrified of the truth, aren't they!!! They're hysterical over the possibility of this show airing before they've even seen it, yet we have to listen to Kerry's lies about virtually everything on a daily basis. I am so ready for this election to be over!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: