SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Brit Hume objects to running Stolen Honor?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
drjohn
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was in both England and Ireland a month ago and I did not feel any animosity at all, and hardly anyone mentioned the war in Iraq, and there was not a lot of mention about the election.

It is both interesting and disturbing that a newspaper (the Guardian) would seek to influence an election in a foreign country. There is an irony here- on the one hand the people in England who maintain that we had no business in Iraq at the same time see nothing wrong in their meddling with this country's elections.

Hmmmm............
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can't people get it,,,that this is not propaganda..this the truth...
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
isn't Farenheit 9/11 showing Nov 1 (eve of election) on payperview?? Sorry - but having to pay for it doesn't make a difference. Why isn't anyone outraged at the payperview company?? Shouldn't this be a factor in this? Should we email them?

F-911 may not be aired on election eve. Check the link.

http://www.moorelies.com/news/archives/display.cfm?newsID=354
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's at blockbuster..and believe already on PPV....
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not doubt for one minute that Brit is on the same side as the
SBVT, but he can not appear to take sides in the discussion. I do
agree that he sometimes asks the questions in a provocative
manner so as to get a better response from the panel.

I have always liked Brit. Even when he was a White House reporter,
you could tell that he was more conservative than most of the others.
If you really want to see him react to liberal propaganda, watch
Fox News Sunday. On that show, he is just part of the panel, so he
can reveal his true feelings more. Sometimes Juan comes out with
such liberal tripe that Brit can't help himself and really shows how
wrong he thinks Juan is. He doesn't let him get away with much!!
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

who cares what he thinks
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wrote a letter to Sinclair today (my second), a copy of which is posted in another thread in this room, the thread about the lawsuit of producer of Stolen Honor. Sorry, but I don't know how to get that link in here.

I suggested Brit as a "moderator" because I thought out of all those I could think of, he would be the most "calm."

Yesterday, Brit said he thought Stolen Honor airing was fair and protected by free speech, but he thought it should have "balance".

Any other suggestions, and I will be happy to write to Sinclair an updated letter. Or better yet, please write to Sinclair yourself, which would probably be better.

I also recommended someone there to represent Bush, or I thought it would turn into a "Bush Bash" as the Dems always do. For those of you who do not "support" Bush, keep in mind that if it isn't Bush, it will most certainly be Kerry. And we can't have that! Evil or Very Mad

At the very least, I also suggested Sean Hannity for the "conservative" side if the Bush camp does not participate.

It can't just turn into a Bush bash!
avant
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Fine. The more news, the more controversy the more people will want to watch Stolen Honor. Sinclair will run the show because they have the intelligence to see it as news and not propoganda. They have interviewed the POWs and agree that they should be heard. This is a First Amendment right if I have ever seen one. They have every right to tell the world what happened to them in the POW camps as a result of John Kerry's 1971 senate testimony. Let the chips fall where they may.

The forged documents that Dan Rather released were not news. They were lies. The 30 minutes devoted to 3 interviews with Kitty Kelley was not news, it was propoganda. The amount of programming dedicated to slamming President Bush this year disguised as news far outweighs the amount of time that Sinclair Broadcasting will spend letting a few2 POWs tell their stories. If John Kerry wants to come on that program and explain what he did the invitation has been issued.

I complete agree with you on all of this. Stolen Honor will ruin Kerry and he knows it. I have a post in the G&S section....please read it. Kerry even used a POW's family against him, testified to in Stolen Honor.
Digger
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:08 pm    Post subject: Fair and Balanced? Me arse!!! Reply with quote

I think it's obvious at this point that Kerry was caught pissing down a chain pipe in a gale wind. Rolling Eyes But everybody's too polite to say it. That's the trouble with the media, they don't like lanquage that's trully expessive of what people think and feel. As for myself, I can say it ala Sgt Snorkel:#$$%&***!!??!!#@@@. I think you get my meaning.
A bloke like me doesn't have too much time for niceties when the shite is hitting the fan. If they don't want to listen to the truth, I'll jamb it down their throats and up their arses Twisted Evil

Sgt. Maj. Seamus D.D. MacNemi R.M.C. Ret.
meggaditto
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hanna wrote:
I find it hard to believe that there are as many people as there are that support Kerry. I keep asking myself why.......why why why.....I do not get it. Bush should be winning this by a larger landslide than there has ever been in this Country. I feel like I am on an alien planet.

I also find it hard to believe that people I have known for a long time are voting for Kerry. Someone sent me this link
http://johnkerryads.websiteanimal.com/

I emailed them and they sent me the mp3 which I have started writing to cds and giving away. I have played it on my laptop for Kerry supporters and watched their impression and after listening to it, they could offer no excuse for their candidate. Laughing Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: