SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Florida Voters, What's up with them..
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 12:52 pm    Post subject: Florida Voters, What's up with them.. Reply with quote

I don't mean to bash, but it seems that the voters in Florida can't seems to get it...I voted in Texas yesterday using the new touchscreen, and it's so easy a 2 yr. old could do it, but not some in Florida...and then they seems to be falling for Kerry, Gore scare tactic..Florida has swung to Kerry...
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw a report last night that the new touch-screens worked just fine (despite the headline-spinning news). The computer problems were related to the on-line database they were using to cross-check registered voters.

So it would appear, AGAIN, that the DEMS are spinning the news in order to set-up legal challenges with the election.
Knighthawk
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its not all of us Florida Voters. I think its all of the transplanted snowbirds, either that or these people are just simply stupid and in which case they should probably not be voting anyway

Beware of the lollipop of mediocrity! Lick it once and you'll suck forever.

If guns kill people, then I can blame misspelled words on my pencil.

Knighthawk's Pictures!
MichaelP
Ensign

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Saw a report last night that the new touch-screens worked just fine (despite the headline-spinning news). The computer problems were related to the on-line database they were using to cross-check registered voters.

So it would appear, AGAIN, that the DEMS are spinning the news in order to set-up legal challenges with the election.

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Errr...Sorry good thing we are in geedunk Cool

Michael
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:38 pm    Post subject: Oh Well Reply with quote

How do expect people to vote, when probably a few of them can't even read and write. I know that may sound tacky, but as you said, a two year old can figure it out. I have been voting since I was 18 and am 48 now. I have had butterfly ballots, push screen ballots, and even the old pull the handle election booths. I have never had a problem figuring it out. We just moved and when I voted yesterday it was touch screen. They can figure out who to work a ATM machine and play video games, get a driver's license among numerous other things, but something as simple as a voting booth it goes right over their head. I think it is just another thing to complain about how the Republicans are out to get them. The Democrats are race baiting big time and pandering. I personally would be insulted to think that a party didn't think I was smart enough to figure out this simple procedure. I would love to rant more about it, but ............
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

amen..
JCJR
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are not the FL reported early voting problems in the same Democrat-controlled precincts that had troubles in 2000? The same incompetent election board officials?

If so, why weren't these folks fired four years ago?

My precinct is staffed by frail old retired folk, who administer the paper-ballot-optical scanners just fine.

A Canadian coworker says they use paper ballots and hand-counting, and manage to finish up elections the same day they are started, even in the big cities.

Canada seems a nice enough place, but I'm not inclined to move there. But it begs the question-- if Canada can do it, why can't Miami?
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The dems are purposely causing the controversy. They are down here scaring the stuffing out of the old folks all this week. They have the race card down and dirty. They are busing people to the polls from Century Village and other places like churches etc. Yeah, and they think they are having problems. They are bringing people in with probably no ids and such or not registered really and then making a scene.
Last election my mother inlaw, in her 80s, was denied the right to vote because whe was losing her sight and the poll workers, heavily dems in Boca Raton, would not give or allow assistance. She wanted desparately to cast her last vote for George W. Bush. She and Dad couldn't stand up against them and only Dad got to vote. They didn't tell us until it was too late for us to go and take care of it. We now have lost both of them since that election.
But we have 2 new voters in the family this year and one more as of next year. So their legacy ...The Greatest Generation...does go on. We are dedicating our vote this year to their memory and we will proudly cast all 4 votes for our beloved President George W. Bush.

We may have also changed at least 3 other votes so we are multiplying as we type/read.
CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW, here in MI your Dad and Mom-in-law could have voted together. Of course your Dad would have had to sign an affidavit stating he was asssiting her, but so what? It's very simple.

I saw a quick clip of something that took place in FL which would have brought forth a rebuke by me (as Precinct Chairman) toward one of the workers, after the voters left of course. My precinct uses the opti-scan tabulators shown in the video. One of our cast-in-stone regulations is an election inspector can be no closer than 10ft. to the tabulator while someone is voting. I saw the voter remove the secrecy sleeve from his ballot and hand it to the election inspector who was within arm's length of the tabulator while he inserted his completed ballot! In instructions written by our elections commission, printed in bold lettering and underlined, is the statement 'avoid even the appearance of impropriety!'

Been working at my precinct for the past 10 years (3 elections so far this year) and have never been able to understand why some voters can have/cause difficulties. As someone stated earlier, these voters can probably earn astronomical scores playing video games, but make errors on touch-screen voting machines. Go figure!
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we ought to use a thumbprint or retina scan, then cross check them all to make sure nobody voted twice. It would keep dead people and felons from voting, too. Any chance we can go to a truly reliable system by 2008---or is it not in the interest of certain parties to have an honest vote?
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Democrats like to prey on old people, shame on them.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes i mentioned a few days ago Rush interviewed a 83 yr old lady that the dems claim was so influnced by Rush that she had a neg view of Kerry until she saw him on the 3rd debate. She said he looked so presidential, well she had to vote for him. She was mad at Bush for what he said about immigration, but willing to give Kerry a pass b/c he did not live in a border state. How dumb is that? with logic like that-what can u say? she was from Arizonia, and apparently the only radio station she can get has Rush on it. Guess they have no TV's in Arizona.. this lady is still out and driving, that is where she listens to Rush.
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW is right. This has all been part of their talking point plan. The systems are working just fine. This is all just another attempt to claim voter suppression. Total BS and all we can do is continue to call them on it.
ATACKM
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shadowy wrote:
I think we ought to use a thumbprint or retina scan, then cross check them all to make sure nobody voted twice. It would keep dead people and felons from voting, too. Any chance we can go to a truly reliable system by 2008---or is it not in the interest of certain parties to have an honest vote?

You nailed it Shadowy! Florida is designed to fail ! Nothing to recount and serious problems will arise if their guy is not elected. This is a stupid theory though because they feel that if Florida is to decide in a re-vote then people will not vote for the third party. They also feel that if Florida is to decide the election with a re-vote, then they can scare up more unwilling voters to swing the election results. IMHO !
http://www.buglesacrossamerica.org
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knighthawk wrote:
Its not all of us Florida Voters. I think its all of the transplanted snowbirds, either that or these people are just simply stupid and in which case they should probably not be voting anyway

Oddly enough just last wekend my son who is 30 said that he thought the time had come that people should be required to pass an intelligence test before they vote. If you can't punch a hole in a piece of paper then you should not be allowed to vote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: