SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wolf Blitzer vs. Darrell Waltrip

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Wolf Blitzer vs. Darrell Waltrip Reply with quote

Did anyone witness Wolf Blitzer interviewing NASCAR man Waltrip this afternoon? When Waltrip praised Bush and criticized Kerry Wolf was really angry and blurted out something like, " At least Kerry went to Vietnam while Bush escaped by joining the National Guard."
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These news-weenies expose themselves in small ways and big ways.

That was a pretty good-sized admission on Wolf Blitzer's part - maybe the largest I've seen, so far. But, he's never been good at hiding his distaste for conservatives - especially this President.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just another pathetically blatant example of liberal media bias...Wolf just can't seem to help himself...most would have at least managed to obscure their bias, but still make their point, in the wording of the followup question.
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The MSM support of Kerry/ attacks on President Bush is worth about 15% of the vote --- the mindless or uneducated who still believe what the news reporters say and don't realize they are brainwashed.

This means that Kerry's support is actually up to 15 points less.

I wonder what would happen if the United States actually had an unbias news media?
vet_supporter
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Wolf Blitzer vs. Darrell Waltrip Reply with quote

Quote:
" At least Kerry went to Vietnam while Bush escaped by joining the National Guard."

What really annoys me about this is that Bush qualified as a jet fighter pilot, a very high skilled, high intelligence and dangerous profession.

He flew combat patrols with live weapons; also very dangerous.

So, I don't understand why, when these lefty bozos say something like Blitzer did, it is not pointed out to them that Bush was a jet fighter pilot, every time he climbed in the cockpit, he was in extreme risk, particularly with the obsolete F-102. The fatality rate for that plane was higher than the risk of combat. Rolling Eyes

His fellow TANG pilots have tried to convey this in op-eds but no one who is in the media ever allows this to be said when talking about the TANG service.

VS

Last edited by vet_supporter on Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
ProudArmyWife
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a CNN person, but I happened to catch the exchange between Waltrip and Blitzer....and Blitzer's biased annoyance was a bit over the edge even for him.

Reminded me a bit of a race. Waltrip started out strong with "I know the politics/issues, but the man I want in the White House is a man I can trust", "a man who looks you in the eye when he shakes your hand". Blitzer tried to pass on the inside with the the standard "Kerry volunteered for combat, Bush just served in the National Guard". Waltrip went high, reminding Blitzer that those serving in the National Guard probably wouldn't take too kindly to those remarks. Blitzer came out of the turn a nose ahead with "the National Guard bears the brunt of the Iraq war" (neglecting of course that even so...they still favor Bush 3 to 1). Waltrip then just accelerated by him to take the lead and the win by forcefully expressing his overwhelming trust in George Bush the man. It was simple and profound. Blitzer looked a bit surprised at the outcome.

(Also, it appeared that Waltrip was thoughtfully twirling a pocket knife during the exchange...maybe it was a pen...still I think Blitzer should be glad that the interview was via satellite.) And I think I'd like to hear more from Waltrip on TV...he came across very well.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did he say 'some have said that at least...' or just 'at least...' The difference matters because he is blatantly giving his opinion. We could efffectively raise holy h*** on the biased comment during a Presidential election. Must break their ethical code or whatever you call it, or they'd be that blunt all the time. Emails, anyone???
I've met Wolf Blitzer - he's a short little weasel.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rdtf wrote:
I've met Wolf Blitzer - he's a short little weasel.

On behalf of mink, fishers and other weasels, I object. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: