SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Need volunteers in Raleigh NC
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2004 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OUTSTANDING!

Thank you sooooo much for sharing your experiences and your pictures - that display is awesome and I know all of the printing and preparation added up to some real $$$ and "sweat equity."

Thank you all!

What a great thread! I'm so proud to even have the opportunity to "meet" folks like you!
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2004 2:59 pm    Post subject: Oh... and another thing! 8) Reply with quote

Quote:
This was so uplifting to read this morning. i need to organize something here in Tally.

Please DO! This was the first time that I've done something like this...but I truly felt it was for the very best of reasons. I could / can no longer just sit back and play the political crap-shoot...while the entire world & the very future of mankind hinges on this election!!! Mad Exclamation

As for the pictures (thanks Bob...I need to get a copy of those [offline]!!!), they really show how a little personal effort can really influence people. True, our numbers were limited...but like I said before, we spoke to hundreds of people, most of which were at least interested in what we had to say! Cool

Quote:
The ice cream vendor was wearing a kilt, but there wasn't anybody who would say a word about it - his arms were the size of my thighs. He also gave free ice cream to any active duty military. Nice guy.

That very last picture (with RedneckVet & the kilted Ice Cream vendor)...interestingly enough, also includes the German woman I mentioned. She was VERY interested in American politics...and was glad to see people speaking out for their beliefs!

The reason that I bring it up again (...beside the fact that it's neat that we got a picture of her), was because it reminded me of a great suggestion that she'd made. We talked about all sorts of things...but one was regarding the money spent on Campaigns. Her feeling (and mine) is that it's unfair for those with wealth (on either side) to represent all of America.

Her idea was to create a national (capped) spending quota, which was allocated equally to all potential candidates. This would limit (or increase, relatively) the spending on campaigning, and would allow common citizens a better chance of competing. What a GREAT idea...and coming from a German citizen!!

Either way, she was very pleasant and recognized the importance of this election to the entire world. She apologized that she couldn't vote...but ASSURED us that she (and many other Germans) did support GW! Laughing Smile [/quote]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Bob Chamberlain
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:30 pm    Post subject: Need Help This Saturday Reply with quote

The Raleigh group will be out this Saturday in the area around the Convention Center. It will be a bright, sunshine day. Come on out and help do something productive to defeat Kerry!!! We only have three weekends left and there is lots of work to do.

For specific times and locations, email me at:

rlchamberlains@earthlink.net

Come on guys, there have to be some readers of this forum close enough to Raleigh to drive in. One of our team members drives all the way from Wilmington. Help us put a nail or two in Kerry's coffin.

Useful anti-Kerry campaign material at:
http://www.betrayed-vietnam-vet.info
Avalon66
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:45 am    Post subject: A much more windy (and chilly) October Saturday (10-16-2004) Reply with quote

Bob's Truck & OSC Billboard (aka HQ) Shocked

Bob's wife, Theresa, taking care of things at the truck Cool

A good picture of our newest volunteers (and 1/2 of Bob..on the right)
For a point of reference, this picture is taken from near the truck! Wink

Another (with Bob behind a pole..[what is that about?]) Laughing

Bob "telling it like it is..." Exclamation

... Just for the record, I had this HUGE "synopsis" typed up...and then got busy, and upon returning accidently CLOSED the window!!! Mad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

Anyway... it's late and maybe I'll retype it again, later!? Wink

The short version: Us. The Raleigh Convention Center. Shopping event. LOTS of female citizens. A decent 60/40 anti-kerry (aka pro-Bush). We got several new people (THANKS, GUYS!!!). Talked to at least 400-500 people. Many hours. BUT, WORTH IT... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OHMIGOSH - you just impress the heqq out of me, I have to say!

Thank you so much - 400-500 contacts in one day is a LOT of talking. Thank you, thank you, thank you!
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:52 pm    Post subject: Thanks... Reply with quote

Thanks NavyX3!!! Wink

We're doing everything that we can, here in NC! Hopefully we'll help oust the traitor & his pathetic little pretty-boy lap-dog, too!!!

Some of us will be out today/tonight, in Northern Raleigh (near a local TV station), spreading the word (and from what I'm told, competing with some pro-kerry types)! Cool

Doubt that we'll get any actual air time...but it's a choice location! I forgot my camera (writing this from my work... Wink ), but hopefully Bob or Theresa will have theirs (hint, hint).

We'll keep you posted... Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
USMC_CommGod
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Supporting the SBG Reply with quote

Well, last night was definitely fun! We were definitely out-numbered, but there again...it was more a matter of short-notice. Wink

Anyway..read for yourself (they mispelled my name..but it's just as well)! Oh & Theresa & a couple of others were there too...so they should get credit, as well!!! Thanks Guys!! Cool

AP News My Way
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: