SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just in case there is any doubt about the choice in November

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 2:52 am    Post subject: Just in case there is any doubt about the choice in November Reply with quote

Do not bother listening when Kerry supporters tell you that Kerry will not "cut & run" in Iraq.

navy-ex
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I see it, it is very good to have at least two political parties fielding candidates for political positions. What I do not understand is why the Democratic party can not field any person that many can respect.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that the Dean candidacy was torpedoed outright in Iowa by the power politics of the DNC itself and "The Swimmer", Ted Kennedy. How else does one explain both the resurrection of the near-comatose Kerry candidacy and the utter, unmitigated collapse of Dean when, as little as 2 weeks prior to Iowa (if my memory serves me correctly) our unbiased, dispassionate, see the forest through the trees media had all but crowned Dean as the recipient of the Democratic mantle?

Double-digit Dean leads in the polls, wasn't it?, with Kerry having to put up his own home as collateral against the total collapse of his candidacy. You needn't wonder why that, today, you need to search with a magnifying glass to unearth Kerry support that touts anything other than the remarkable revelation that he's NOT George W. Bush. You need look no furthur than the posts of Kerry "supporters" within this very forum to see the evidence...from the legitimate dissenters to the outright trolls, they can barely even spell his name, much less defend the allegations that are the nexus of this group's very existence.

Nor can the participation of Kennedy in this Kerry ascendancy be overstated. He's the manipulator of the Kerry strings and has been the "hands-on" mentor of Kerry's political evolution from before Day 1.

I have an associate who was in discussion on this very subject with a VERY high-level Clark campaign official and, when queried as to the rationale for the Dean collapse, he responded: "Two words. Kennedy machine."

navy-ex wrote:
What I do not understand is why the Democratic party can not field any person that many can respect.

Two words...Ted Kennedy. This is the culmination of his lifetime work...the picking of THE political plum by an alter-ego surrogate that he invented, nurtured, protected and promoted from his pre-Yale days. Kennedy's odious lack of character in the collective American mind long ago eliminated his own qualification for that office, and this is, perhaps, his last hurrah.

While he could never attain it, perhaps his clone can...and the mere contemplation of that possibility turns my stomach.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me#1You#10 wrote:
It would appear that the Dean candidacy was torpedoed outright in Iowa by the power politics of the DNC itself and "The Swimmer", Ted Kennedy. How else does one explain both the resurrection of the near-comatose Kerry candidacy and the utter, unmitigated collapse of Dean when, as little as 2 weeks prior to Iowa ... the media had all but crowned Dean as the recipient of the Democratic mantle?

The Clintons.

Kerry will not be allowed to ruin Hillary's 2008 run by getting elected in 2004.
navy-ex
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[/quote]

The Clintons.

Kerry will not be allowed to ruin Hillary's 2008 run by getting elected in 2004.[/quote]

Now that is an interesting thought. My Dear Old Departed Dad use to say, "Son, most things always work out for the best." Just perhaps we could live with Kerry for four years if doing so will keep Hillary out. My vote will still go to Bush.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I would like to see in 2008, is the GOP putting up Condi Rice against Hillary. Maybe with Rudi Guilliani as Veep.

Now, you might say; "Gee, what about Rudy for Prez?"

Well, and I say this as a person born and raised in NY...

Rudy is the kind of guy that would punch Chirac right in the f**king nose if he annoyed him too much. Rudy is the kind of guy who gets stuff done, regardless of whose feelings get hurt in the process, which is why he was so good at cleaning up NY and in the aftermath of 9/11.
But Presidents shouldn't be pit-bulls. Condi, who is a definite babe by the way... Mr. Green
Condi is the kind of person who... you know, she's a lot like Maggie Thatcher, without the english accent, and with a much better tan. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: