SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
theresa
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We cancelled our subscription to the Philadelphia Inquirer this week because they are clearly a 527 for Kerry, and we told them so.

T.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaveL wrote:
National Review!

armybrat wrote:
American Rifleman

Nomorelies wrote:
That works. How about HOT ROD? Anything from NASCAR?

I reccommend "Car and Driver" magazine. Brock Yates is an enjoyable (right-wing-ish) writer. Plus their car articles are informative & fun.

Howsabout; The Washington Times Weekly Edition?
"The American Spectator"?
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heck, people are going to be swarming to this office just for the reading material!

(yes, Car and Driver is a good choice too)
srmorton
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush has taken to calling all of these publications the transcript service
for the Kerry campaign. I think that is a very apt description since they
simply parrot the DNC talking points.
ondryland
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:08 am    Post subject: Cancelled Subscriptions! Reply with quote

At our house we are at the point in our print subscriptions that we only have to set the recycling bin out on a bi-weekly basis now. I am sure the environmentalists will appreciate that effort from a conservative household.

T.V Guide, Time, Newsweek, AZ Republic, etc., don't even pop up on the bill cycle and we use the money for more enjoyable things. These mags are all just cut and paste journalism with few bias editorials thrown in. Maybe we can get to the point in the near future that we can support some of our better bloggers

Hmmmm.... It just occurred to me, that I haven't even missed those publications.

ondryland

Thanks to all of you for all you have done.

p.s. Another big "Thank You" to Navy Chief, Navy Wife, Beatrice1000, and many others of you that I can not name because the names are not just popping into my head right now.

I am awed by the time and effort you have put into the resources and research contained in the this board. There is a lot of positive energy here. I wish I could be with you in North Carolina, (on the streetcorner) Ohio, (on the train), D.C., (at the archives)etc., but we will have to make do, as we have by , by volunteering at the local headquarters. God Bless You All for your efforts!
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gosh, how cool would it be to go to my doctor's office and find something other than the same ol' Time, Newsweek, People, Woman's Day and Parents!!! Smile

The only thing is, you'll need to get a rubber stamp to label them all when they come in: "Doctor's Office Copy, Please Leave for the Enjoyment of our Other Patients" or something, otherwise, they're going to get stolen. Wink

Weekly Standard
National Review
American Rifleman
"Car and Driver"
The Washington Times Weekly Edition
"The American Spectator"

I'd add:
Smithsonian
Wired or PC
Crafts Magazine
Rubber Stamper or Stamp & Scrap
Woodcrafter or Woodcarver
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
Tomorrow when I go back to the clinic I will thoroughly check the magazine rack. PEOPLE magazine is the next to go . I will then subscribe to Weekly Standard. Any other suggestions?

I think Atlantic Monthly is ok. Newsweek is also ok. While I don't agree with their views all the time, I still respect them. I suppose that is called compassionate conservative. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
MissouriVeteransDaughter
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an excellent magazine that I believe is published by the Southern Baptists. Its called HOMELIFE, and I first read it at my OBGYN's office when I was pregnant with my son. It has lots of good articles about people really making a difference and also plenty of positive/healthy living ideas. I was tempted to steal a couple of copies, but since its a Christian magazine I resisted! Laughing
"Lord...Who may live on your holy hill? He whose walk is blameless and who does what is righteous, who speaks the truth from his heart and has no slander on his tongue, who does his neighbor no wrong and casts no slur on his fellowman" Ps15:1-3.
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a subscription to Time, or any magazine, for that matter. I do still read it when I see a copy in a doctor's office, or at a friend's house. I guess I just like to read whatever is out there so I get more than one viewpoint.
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NY Sun published the discharge story.

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have completely given up on our local newspaper, The Detroit Free Press. If I had a bird, I suppose it might be good for lining the cage bottom. Although I do subscribe to the w/e edition only for: Local sales circulars, coupons, and cable TV guide. I once received a call from them telling me that as a 'loyal subscriber', I was entitled to receive the daily edition at no additional cost. Said OK. After a while I called them telling them to discontinue this free propaganda as I was tired of carting it out to the dumpster, its neat plastic wrapper intact. I swear the crossword puzzle even has a liberal bent! Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Re: CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE Reply with quote

[quote="Nomorelies"] I made an executive decision today. I decided that any magazines that do not reflect my conservative point of view will not be in my lobby for my clients. ]

Do you take new clients? Laughing
OKLady
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:57 pm    Post subject: Re: CANCELLING MY SUBSCRIPTION TO TIME MAGAZINE Reply with quote

[quote="Nomorelies"] I made an executive decision today. I decided that any magazines that do not reflect my conservative point of view will not be in my lobby for my clients. ]

Do you take new clients? Laughing
MassInd
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I highly recommend U.S. News and World Report magazine.

You can check the online version here:
http://www.usnews.com/usnews/home.htm

I remember reading this for the first time a couple of decades ago and being amazed at all the events occuring in the world that I hadn't heard about from watching TV or reading the paper. This was before I even knew of the liberal bias that exists. It was an awakening of sorts. I thought "Why don't the news show tell you about all stuff?". I was so naive then (forgive me, I'm from Boston). I began to understand the 'Dumbing down of America concept'.

Here's the editor in chief, Mortimer B. Zuckerman's latest editorial
An election all about values
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computer terminals in which they could only visit lucianne.com and swiftvets.com.

Only half-way tongue-in-cheek.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: