SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Dems are going crazy...
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LegendHasIt
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:06 am    Post subject: Going crazy and getting Desperate! Reply with quote

I live in a small, predominately conservative, town in New Mexico.

Last night nearly every Bush/Cheney campaign sign in town was stolen. I'm talking HUNDREDS of signs, including those on private property.

I know that this sort of stuff (and worse) has been happening nation-wide, but was surprised to see anything so blatant here. We are a pretty friendly place, and even the local Democrats have traditionally been pretty conservative and rational.

No Longer.

This was a pretty well planned and executed operation; They managed to evade police, watchdogs and irate homeowners.

Too bad we can't turn these people from the Darkside, and enlist them into SpecOps or the CIA.....

Even back when I was "sneeking and peeking" for a living, I doubt I could have pulled off something like this without leaving bodies behind. Wink
nickb
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:15 am    Post subject: Re: Going crazy and getting Desperate! Reply with quote

LegendHasIt wrote:
I live in a small, predominately conservative, town in New Mexico.

Last night nearly every Bush/Cheney campaign sign in town was stolen. I'm talking HUNDREDS of signs, including those on private property.

I know that this sort of stuff (and worse) has been happening nation-wide, but was surprised to see anything so blatant here. We are a pretty friendly place, and even the local Democrats have traditionally been pretty conservative and rational.

No Longer.

This was a pretty well planned and executed operation; They managed to evade police, watchdogs and irate homeowners.

Too bad we can't turn these people from the Darkside, and enlist them into SpecOps or the CIA.....

Even back when I was "sneeking and peeking" for a living, I doubt I could have pulled off something like this without leaving bodies behind. Wink

yeah, well both sides are at it this year.

A Lakewood Republican stealing campaign signs late one night got nabbed when he ran across a low- hanging driveway chain, fell face first onto a pilfered sign and the concrete and knocked himself unconscious.

whoops!

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/election/article/0,1299,DRMN_36_3264139,00.html
Stevie
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:26 am    Post subject: Re: try being married to one ... Reply with quote

[quote="Aristotle The Hun"]
FF1047 wrote:
I can't watch the news and change the channel when political ads come on to avoid making remarks about politics at my house. Any attempt to discuss any subject starts with "Bush hates ... (fill in the blank)" ... Even my standard question, "What did he say that makes you believe that ?" gets nothing but a glare.
No problem with the wife. She is holding women's meetings at our home to solidify the swing vote for W. The three kids, however, are Kerry loving Moore-ons.

Sam

ok, time for new kids.... trade those ones in..... check to see if you can get a deposit fee back for those 3..... (maybe ban MTV if you get it... I did and that was like 18 yrs ago! pre Kerry!) actually, it would be interesting to ask them why they think that.... I'd like to know where and what our kids are learning now - for me it'd have to be grandkids now...
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest that his defination of extreme right wingers is: one who believes in tort reform.
ocsparky101
PO1

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might I suggest that his defination of extreme right wingers is: one who believes in tort reform.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LimaCharley wrote:
Quote:
I don’t know if I converted them. The exchange went much differently than I had anticipated. I was surprised when they didn’t interrupt or bring up the usual Kerry talking points, so I kept talking.

Well, I'd say that they covered all of Kerry's VALID talking points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: