SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A CALL TO PRAYER
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roon
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard on the news that attorneys have just filed suit in Georgia to have the ban on gay marriage removed from the Georgia November ballot. Please keep this and the other states going through this in your prayers.
SooZQ
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Prayer request:

Please pray for the OHIO Operation Street
Corner team this Saturday. We ask for
safe travel and rainless weather.

Our prayer request for a good location
has been abundantly answered! PTL!

Thanks to you all.
Sue

Really support the troops, send them a letter and care package! Visit:http://www.anysoldier.com
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please pray for former AMBASSADOR TO THE VATICAN FLYNN. He is in Ohio campaigning against Kerry and his positons on abortion. He reported on FNC last night that there has been great success. The Catholic vote in Ohio could swing the state way out of skerrys reach. He was last in Cleveland, hope he goes to Toledo a dem stronghold.

Lord we pray his words are full of annointing and the eyes of their hearts are open to your truth. Your word says the annointing breaks the yoke and Lord we agree with you that the yoke of deception is broken in the power of the name of JESUS the name above all names. Arise O God and let our enemies be scattered and shatter the teeth of the wicked and all wicked plans and plans formed against your people and your little unborn ones. In the precious victorious name of Jesus
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Heavenly Father, the human body is weak and You know that near the end of the race we tire and sometimes fall by the wayside. We ask that You strengthen us as we enter the run for home. Give us unfailing energy to fight this battle to its end. Give our political soldiers the endurance and perseverance that You gave them while they were fighting in Vietnam. Remind us, O Lord, that the race is not yet finished. Wrap us in Your sheltering wings and show us what we must still do.

We ask in the name of Your Son, The Lord Jesus Christ, that you watch over President Bush and his advisors. Speak to their hearts and give them the wisdom that they need to say and do the things that will be most effective in this battle. Open the hearts and minds of those who would turn away to follow after the deception of John Kerry. Permit them a clear vision of what this man really represents.

For our Warriors heading into Ohio we would ask for safe travels, good weather, and ears that will hear what they have to say.

In Jesus' Name,

AMEN
82nd_Airborne_Dad
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Father God, be with our President always, guide him, comfort him and give him strength during these troubled times. AMEN
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

82nd_Airborne_Dad wrote:
Father God, be with our President always, guide him, comfort him and give him strength during these troubled times. AMEN

Where two or more are gathered in His name there will He be also.

AMEn
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning! Here is a prayer my grandmother said every morning. I thought I would share it with you all.

Bless us, heavenly Father,
Forgive our erring ways,
Grant us strength to serve Thee,
Put purpose in our days . . .
Give us understanding
Enough to make us kind
So we may judge all people
With our hearts and not our minds . . .
And teach us to be patient
In everything we do,
Content to trust Your wisdom
And to follow after You . . .
And help us when we falter
And hear us when we pray
And receive us in THY KINGDOM
To dwell with Thee some day.
Helen Steiner Rice

Have a wonderful day. Keep praying for this election. God is listening.

"So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened."--Luke 11:9-10
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isaiah 35:3,4, "Strengthen the weak hands, and make firm the feeble knees. Say to those who are fearful-hearted, 'Be strong, do not fear! Behold, your God will come with vengeance, with the recompense of God; He will come and save you.'"

GW IS A PSALM 15 MAN WHO SHALL NOT BE MOVED

Lord who shall dwell in Your Tabernacle? Who shall dwell on Your Holy Hill? He who walks and lives uprightly and blamelessly, who works rightness and justice and speaks and thinks the truth in his heart. He who does not slander with his tongue, nor does evil to his friend, nor takes up a reproach against his neighbor; In whose eyes a vile person is despised, but he honors those who fear the Lord (who revere and worship Him); who swears to his own hurt and does not change: [He who] does not put out his money for interest [to one of his own people] and who will not take a bribe against the innocent. He who does these things will never be moved.
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Spirit is moving my friends..keep it up! I am about to go into my fasting..beginning next week Monday..(I have permission from my doc, as long as I do drink )..I must as I get ill easy..however, with that..I ask all of you to keep the rising prayers..so that the blessings of our Lord come flowing down upon our Nation..that the President speaks with clarity and wisdom, and that the voter hears the truth..and acts on it..

It is time my brothers and sisters to unite..as one..one voice...We have so much to be thankful for in this great land..Freedom above all us..let it reign..always and forever..

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I am about to go into my fasting..beginning next week Monday..(I have permission from my doc, as long as I do drink )

How long are you fasting? I am planning to fast Nov 1 for the Pray the Vote Rally. I know it is not easy. I will keep you and your health in my prayers. Smile
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My dear friend..thank you..I will be fasting from October 25, 2004 ~ Nov 1 midnight Nov2..I talked with my pastor, my doctor and my husband..all will be keeping close tabs on me..I will drink a supplement each day..but no solids will pass my lips, no meat, no dairy..water and supplementals..only..I will not jepordize my health in anyway..(husbands request)..But I must do what I must do..

Thank you for your support and prayers..I feel this strongly in my heart, and spirit..it will be okay..the President must win re-election..and I must pray in the spirit for this to happen..I have never felt this way about politics before..never, but this time, it is to me a spiritual war..I am that sure..

Keeping the President close to my thoughts and prayers..and our nation..and all my friends too!!

..ps) please PM me with fasting tips, it has been some years since I have done this..thanks again..

PD

Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to please encourage all that are able to fast to do so. A partial fast (known as an "abstinence fast) or a full fast, whatever you feel God is leading you to do. Fasting lends an urgency to our prayers not otherwise felt in the Kingdom of Heaven. Fasting means we are serious, and are willing to forego certain pleasures, such as eating our fill, for Him.

I have fasted several times, and it strengthened me in all kinds of ways. It deepened my faith.

I am fasting on Fridays, (full fast) and doing with out bread (symbolic of my dependence on God alone) and crunchy, salty snack things (my "drug" of choice). I broke my fast while on travel, and definitely felt strength drain away. I am a serious athlete, and it may sound odd that I LOST strength by eating more, but that is what happened. I think those of you that fast will be surprised to find it strengthens you.

I am convinced it will take a mighty move of God to bring about W's re-election, but I have seen miracles enough to believe they are possible.

Once again, this thread has been an oasis in a desert. I was lifted up to read the prayers for strength in staying the course, because I had been feeling weary. We seem surrounded, but then, I guess that makes them easy to fight: we know where they are! Very Happy Everywhere!

Oh, and I am praying state by state, and specifically asking God for double digits. I think that was a great idea.

God bless you guys!
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am fasting breakfast with about 1 and 1half hours to pray and next week I go two meals and no snacks. Small of no consequence of a dinner like a pbj. I will pray for everyone else also, and fasting does keep me remembering to pray. Every hunger pang gets a prayer and a nail in the enemies plans for God's great nation. When we go about the Father's business the business of praying for our nation He goes about the business of defeating the enemy. Isn't it wonderful to play a part in the hand of God moving in the nation and in the earth. Well done my good and faithful friends in the Lord. We will NOT grow weary in doing good and will reap in do season.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well before I head off to church I thought I would leave you guys with the hymn that has been running through my head today. One of my favorites.

What a Friend We Have in Jesus
Joseph M. Scriven

What a Friend we have in Jesus, All our sins and griefs to bear!
What a privilege to carry everything to God in prayer.
Oh, what peace we often forfeit, Oh what needless pain we bear,
Just because we do not carry everything to God in prayer.

Have we trials and temptations? Is there trouble anywhere?
We should never be discouraged, take it to the Lord in prayer.
Can we find a friend so faithful, who will all our sorrows share?
Jesus knows our every weakness, take it to the Lord in prayer.

Are we weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care?
Precious Savior, still our refuge--Take it to the Lord in prayer.
Do thy friends despise, forsake thee? Take it to the Lord in prayer;
In His arms he'll take and shield thee, Thou wilt find a solace there.

When ever I start feeling discouraged I get out my hymnals and play these hymns on the piano and it makes me feel better. It's funny, I know I probably should think more in Bible verses, but a lot of times it is the music that comes to mind. Smile
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

***BUMP***

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 9 of 20

Jump to: