SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Showing cancelled
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The clip at the movie theater was aired on Fox and Friends this morning. I hope that Hannity picks up on it tonight.

Are there more theaters planning to show this film and are we going to run up against more of the same? Nothing like this happened when F911 was shown. We need to combat this problem. Any ideas? If protesters show up at every theater to stop the movie from being shown, would a large group of supporters showing up help or hurt?

Kimberly
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Showing cancelled Reply with quote

The professor contends he won a purple heart and was not fairly portrayed in the documentary he was able to convince a judge to prevent the show. I understand that the documentary does not make any direct reference to him but he assumes he is damaged by the inference.

It is unfortunate that the producer of Stolen Honor was unaware of this legal action BEFORE the showing of the documentary to take an offensive legal action.

The producer's objective should be to get mass distribution quickly. When the public becomes aware of the documentary how do they get it??? And can it be made to them easily. Major focus should not be on assuming everyone has or will go to their pc to see the documentary.

Hopefully Sinclair's revised version will still get a major audience.

JK
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since I was only watching NBC, I wasn't aware that CBS was also airing clips of the incident. According to a local talk show host, the CBS clips showed 2 vets, 1 with his hand on the other's throat. Guess which one was the aggressor. It appears that CBS has more footage than NBC. That may be the place to look for footage. Local talk show host, Dom Giordano, was the organizer. He can be reached at domshow@aol.com . Dom has a temper and I am looking forward to his program tonight. Can't wait to hear what he has to say.
If this sort of thing continues, I have to believe it will be detrimental to Kerry. Let's hope. Mad
Big Kahuna
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ord33 wrote:
There was a lady named Suzie on Steve Malzberg's show tonight describing what happened when she was there to view "Stolen Honor". Every American should be outraged over this. Evil or Very Mad

This American is. Kerry wants to sue himself into the White House. So Kerry!
Top 10 Weasels.com is where Kerry is Weasel #1
Curtis H.
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Website; http://www.stolenhonor.com

Video Samples; http://www.stolenhonor.com/documentary/samples.asp

"What he stands for is wrong..."

Name: George E. "Bud" Day
Hometown: Sioux City, Iowa
POW time: 5 yrs, 7 mos, 13 days
Entered 1967- Discharge 1973
Awards:

Medal of Honor
Air Force Cross
Distinguished Service Medal
Silver Star
Legion of Merit
Distinguished Flying Cross

John Kerry. You ran after 4 months and 3 bandaids...
hancockw
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 3:31 pm    Post subject: Sinclair Reply with quote

I have read in this morning's Cincinnati enquire that Sinclair Broadcasting will not be airing Stolen Honor. It will instead air another show which just uses "clips" from the documentary. I guess the news media must bow down to the liberal left and only air shows that they approve. After all they had no problem releasing "Farenheit 911".
What does this tell you about the power of the liberals over the media that is watched by all Americans every day in their homes? 2nd Amendment rights? Where are they for the people who fight the wars to protect them?
stevieboy
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

msindependent prvided:
Quote:
http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/news/101904_nw_stolenhonor.html

somebody capture the video if you can, someone here might need it later (I would do it, don't know how).

What you are seeing is just the beginning of Massachusetts style politics. Mass politicians are not used to civil discussion and political debate. Expect to see more if you elect John Kerry.

To be frankly honest, at what point will some of us more civil conservatives be forced to resort to the same tactics? I am about to reach my boiling point. They have all but taken my firearms. These folks cannot peacefully assemble to watch a film. My and Sinclair's rights to free speech are infringed.

This country is so divided, and episodes like this do not help. The Dems would be wise to back off and keep it civil. Otherwise, something is going to flash.
poseidon
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevieboy wrote:

What you are seeing is just the beginning of Massachusetts style politics. Mass politicians are not used to civil discussion and political debate. Expect to see more if you elect John Kerry.

To be frankly honest, at what point will some of us more civil conservatives be forced to resort to the same tactics? I am about to reach my boiling point. They have all but taken my firearms. These folks cannot peacefully assemble to watch a film. My and Sinclair's rights to free speech are infringed.

This country is so divided, and episodes like this do not help. The Dems would be wise to back off and keep it civil. Otherwise, something is going to flash.

I hear you Steve

Maybe this state will spawn yet another revolution
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I posted on another thread, there are no more theaters scheduled to show Stolen Honor, according to the gentleman I spoke with at the production company.

He suggested: calling local theaters and asking if they plan to show the film. If they are interested, they must call the production company for permission. Also, suggested calling local veterans groups to see if they are planning a local, open to the public viewing. I have called mine and left messages. I doubt too many left wing nuts will show up to protest there. lol, he agreed.

I can no longer complain and do nothing. If I have to put an flyer about Kerry in every halloween bag, or stand in front of Burger King with a sign on Friday, or call every veterans group and theater in the area, I will. I've never been an 'activist', but doing nothing is causing my blood pressure to rise. I have disabilities, but I don't want the election to come and go having done nothing and 'hoping' for a Bush win isn't enought for me, it won't keep Kerry from winning.

Kimberly
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this mean we have gone from dealing with fundamentalist islamic terrorists to now dealing with "Fundamentalist Kerry Terrorists"?
fortdixlover
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
Does this mean we have gone from dealing with fundamentalist islamic terrorists to now dealing with "Fundamentalist Kerry Terrorists"?

Yes.

I actually live near the theatre where Stolen Honor was to have played, in Jenkintown, PA.

I am really upset that the leftists were able to pull off suppression of the showing through tactics of legal and threatened physical intimidation.

I predict that Bush will win by a landslide...but that similar leftist tactics will be used in spite of that - lawsuits, legal wrangling, Kerry declaring a victory despite the vote counts and organizing his "cabinet" with the U.N. spouting on about "Bush stealing the election" that may push some in this country to fisticuffs - or worse.

-- FDL
2ndamendsis
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the guy who filed the lawsuit

Introduction of Campbell at the Winter Soldier Fiasco. This was what he said:

Quote:
Professor Campbell of U. Delaware. My name is Kenneth J. Campbell… My testimony will consist of eyewitnessing and participating in the calling in of artillery on undefended villages, mutilation of bodies, killing of civilians, mistreatment of civilians, mistreatment of prisoners and indiscriminate use of artillery, harassment and interdiction fire

Notice the "mutilation of bodies"!! Lovely man to be teaching in one of our Universities Exclamation
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is a reply I just recieved the Regis Corporation about an email I had sent expressing my wishes that they support the Sinclair Broadcasting Network. In fact they have not decided to support them and have caved into the wishes of the left. Maybe we should boycott them anyway Very Happy

Note: In my original email I stated nothing about boycotting them or anyone else

My Email to all of Sinclairs advertisers wrote:
Hello I am writing to you to proclaim my support for the Sinclair Broadcast network in its decision to show the documentary Stolen Honor. I believe after all of the negative coverage that has come out of the Kerry campaign towards Pres. Bush, and that it has all been proven fictitious or forged, that it is only fair that this documentary about the truth of what Sen. Kerry did be shown. I know that you will be inundated by many negative (hatefully worded) emails so I thought I would just use my enemy’s well written “email them all program” for some good and congratulate you all in advance for sticking by your guns and supporting the Sinclair Network.

Note to Admins: The only email addresses posted here are corporate ones

-----Original Message-----
From: CorporateCommunications@regiscorp.com [mailto:CorporateCommunications@regiscorp.com] On Behalf Of Regis_Corporate_Communications.REGIS@regiscorp.com
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2004 2:06 PM
To: millage.m-s
Subject: Sinclair Broadcasting Group

Thank you for your email regarding Sinclair Broadcasting Group. We have
received numerous emails from individuals regarding this issue; some
threatening to boycott our company, and some encouraging us not to buckle
to this threat.

Regis Corporation does not participate in political or religious
activities. Simply put, we cut hair. We employ over 53,000 people, many
of whom are paid on commission, and rely on that income to support their
families. By boycotting us, you are hurting individuals - our employees
and their families.

We have notified Sinclair Broadcasting Group not to air our advertising
during or adjacent to any political programming. That is the right thing
to do. To take any further action would be inappropriate, and not in
keeping with our responsibilities to our employees and our stockholders.

In return, we are asking you to remove our name from your boycott list.

Thank you.

REGIS CORPORATION

Letter sent to Sinclair Broadcast Group

VIA FACSIMILE

October 14, 2004

Mr. David D. Smith
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc.
10706 Beaver Dam Road
Hunt Valley, MD 21030

Dear Mr. Smith:

I am writing regarding a matter of deep concern. We have received well
over 1,000 e-mails from consumers threatening to boycott our salons due to
anti-Kerry political programming your stations are planning to run. The
argument is that since we advertise on some of your stations, we are
supporting this programming. To be clear, we do not condone or participate
in political activities. These divisive activities are best left to
individuals.

Therefore, we are demanding that your stations not run any of our
advertisements during or adjacent to this political programming. In the
event this reasonable demand is not adhered to, we will hold your company
completely responsible for any damages we sustain.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Sincerely,

REGIS CORPORATION
nschlange
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think everyone needs to write to fox news and ask them to show the movie. If Sinclair has all but backed out, why not ask someone like ollie north to show it during his hour long show on sunday. His program is about war, it's only 45 minutes long and he served in vietnam also. I think it's the perfect solution. I can't stand the thought that these men, who have been waiting to be heard for the past 30 years are going to be denied once again. Since the other stations have proven to be too biased for kerry, fox would be the perfect solution. right? Very Happy At any rate it wouldn't hurt for all of you to email them and ask them to show it.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:39 am    Post subject: Re: Showing cancelled Reply with quote

dog teacher wrote:
Evil or Very Mad There was to have been a showing of "Stolen Honor" this evening, at the Baederwood Cinema in Jenkintown, Pa. Unfortunately, the sold out house will not be viewing the documentary. Why? Under threat of 'civil violence' and a law suit, the showing was cancelled! When the producer of the film was asked why it would not be shown, he stated " because Kerry doesn't want America to know what is in the film". He instead was handing out dvd's of the film to those who showed up for the viewing.
BAD MOVE KERRY!!!!! What are you afraid of? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

I caught just brief snipets of information regarding the protests at this theater. Apparently an e-mail was sent out to Kerry supporters by a higher up in the Kerry campaign telling folks where the theater was, the phone number and to protest. I don't know the name of the person in the Kerry camp, but I also heard that he later sent an e-mail saying that he hadn't really intended to prevent the theater from showing the film. Yeah, right. So this protest came directly from the DNC. And in light of the troupble and negative publicity, I doubt too many theaters are going to be requesting the film for viewing. Celcius 4111 is showing in quite a few theaters across the country. I wonder if the left will show up to protest that movie too?

Kimberly

Kimberly
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: