SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Teresa on Laura
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, the First Lady and Mrs. Lynn Cheney are the only two (spouses of both the President and the VP) to hold advanced degrees. Ever. Once again, the "unenlightened, repressive" Republicans lead the way, through actions instead of talk.

Laura and George were not married until they were 30 years old, so what is up with the "since she grew up" remark? Of course, at least she concedes that Laura did in fact *grow up* ---which is more than we can say for Mizz Hyphen Heiney.

Yes, I am glad she scratched her muzzle off her snout as well.

Mizz Hyphen-Heiney: Keep talking, [deleted]. The President gains another two points every time you bray [deleted]
And just think! An equal number of our fellow citizens think these people should live at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. Isn't that special?
arkadyfolkner
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laura Bush has more grace and class in her little finger than tereeeeeza has anywhere in her whole body.
W.P. Wily
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right from of the source:
http://www.whitehouse.gov/firstlady/flbio.html

First Lady's Biography wrote:
Laura Bush was born on November 4, 1946, in Midland, Texas, to Harold and Jenna Welch. Inspired by her second grade teacher, she earned a bachelor of science degree in education from Southern Methodist University in 1968. She then taught in public schools in Dallas and Houston. In 1973 she earned a master of library science degree from the University of Texas at Austin and worked as a public school librarian in Austin. In 1977 she met and married George Walker Bush. They are the parents of twin daughters, Barbara and Jenna, who are named for their grandmothers.

Public school teacher and librarian. Plus, I'd be willing to bet she actually had a hand in raising her daughters, rather than pawning them off to the hired help.

This is just another despicable attempt to slur the Bush's without any benefit of facts, ad infinitum.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Plus, I'd be willing to bet she actually had a hand in raising her daughters, rather than pawning them off to the hired help.

Exactly! Enough said!
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Every time I see Heinz-Kerry talk, she appears rather inebriated.
Seems like she's tipping the bottle a little too much.
Now as a means of apology she says that she "forgot Mrs. Bush
had been a teacher and librarian."
Have another drinkee-poo, B!#CH
That sauce will fog up your brain every time, TEREEEZA.

Last edited by shawa on Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve Z
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Laura Bush Reply with quote

So, now Ms. Rich B!+C# Terry Kerry who married $$$ is telling us about how Laura Bush never held a real job? Who is SHE kidding??? Just keeping 20 or 30 kids quiet is stressful enough, then a teacher has to teach them something, and works overtime correcting homework and tests--one of the most underpaid professions imaginable! Laura Bush WAS grown-up when she was 22 years old, unlike Terry Kerry who still behaves like a spoiled little girl.

I have a sneaking suspicion that the "No Child Left Behind Act" was Laura's idea...so much for First Ladies not being influential!!!

I am the son of a school teacher (1961-1997) and I approve this message!!!

By the way, why can't I access the georgewbush.com website? Is it that much in demand these days?
jataylor11
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually --- Hillary had a law degree from Yale....

But, it would kill me to have to hear it --- but I think the more Tereza talks the more votes skerry loses.... So if I have to make the sacrifice of listening to the woman for another 13 days --- As a patriotic American I am willing to make this sacrifice for my country... uuughhh

Tereza ---- proof positive that money does not buy class, a pleasing personality, or intelligence.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Tereza ---- proof positive that money does not buy class, a pleasing personality, or intelligence.

So true, so true.
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
Every time I see Heinz-Kerry talk, she appears rather inebriated.
Seems like she's tipping the bottle a little too much.
Now as a means of apology she says that she "forgot Mrs. Bush
had been a teacher and librarian."
Have another drinkee-poo, B!#CH
That sauce will fog up your brain every time, TEREEEZA.

Maybe her arthritis has been acting up and she's overindulging on her "white raisins soaked in gin - eat 9 a day" arthritis cure.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it possible that Theresa is actually smarter than her poodle hubby.

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=615&u=/nm/20041020/pl_nm/campaign_firstlady_dc_1&printer=1

They both say stupid things, but at least Theresa is trying to get out there and nip this the bud by apologizing unlike Fifi who let the whole Mary Cheney comment fester while he obliviously dathered.
momofthreegirls
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Maybe her arthritis has been acting up and she's overindulging on her "white raisins soaked in gin - eat 9 a day" arthritis cure.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
My sister didn't believe me when I told her this, but then after she thought about it she said, "Now I understand."
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This woman is not first lady material. She is embarrassing enough as it is. I guess the elite did not have charm school in Africa.
oasis
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2004 11:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Teresa on Laura Reply with quote

msindependent wrote:
From USA today, Teresa talking about Laura Bush. I guess she does not know that Laura was a librarian in a minority school no less.

Quote:
But I don't know that she's ever had a real job — I mean, since she's been grown up.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/2004-10-19-teresa_x.htm

Hello,

She can only mutter cheap shots between swigs of Heinz ketchup.

She seems to be having trouble with John's allowance, seems she had to sell some of the Heinz business to Del Monte.

Quote:
2002 - Del Monte doubles in size through a $2.3 billion acquisition of tuna and pet-food brands from H.J. Heinz Co.

Sources: Del Monte Foods Co., Hoovers Inc., Chronicle research

I for one will not be buying Heinz Ketchup. It may have one of Teresa's hairs in it.

Please donate to the.. RED CROSS
GIaunt
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MSNBC was just discussing this...
The lady DNCer was saying, "English is her second language, so sometimes its garbled, or misunderstood, and the republicans just JUMPED on it....." (Or something similar --)

She' glib enough in English to say "Shove It" and "4 more years of....", but in a sit down interview she's just misunderstood... The use of slang correctly in a 2nd language usually means that you've mastered the language.....

this was a softball question.... and she had to demean the First Lady of the United States.....

All kinds of nice answers could have been given..... I think this speaks to her being an elitist --- I'm better than Laura....
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me politically incorrect - Wink - I've said it before and I'll say it again - if you weren't at least raised in this country, you are not fit to be it's First Lady. What this woman thinks is ok to blurt out may be ok in other places, but her personality obviously doesn't go over too well HERE. Pitfall of growing up elsewhere...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: