SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wrong Again!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Wrong Again! Reply with quote

http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/23192.htm
New York Post
June 17, 2004
By RICHARD MINITER

Quote:
The 9/11 Commission is in danger of going the way of the Warren Commission — a blue-chip panel investigating a national tragedy that foolishly ends up fueling controversy. And that's a shame.
Yesterday, the commission announced there was "no credible evidence" linking Iraq and al Qaeda. In reality, there's a wealth of evidence.

And by disputing the Iraq-al Qaeda connection, the commissioners are answering a question no one asked them. They were supposed to investigate 9/11, not al Qaeda as a whole. In an election year, this makes them look partisan.

The timing of the final report smells fishy, too: 500,000 copies are due in book stores on July 26 — the very day the Democratic convention begins in Boston. Again, not a credibility-enhancing move.

The 9/11 panel seems recklessly naive when it takes the word of the intelligence community as gospel. A wise commissioner would remember that everyone has an institutional interest, a bias. (E.g., for many in the intelligence community, conceding that Iraq could have been one of bin Laden's backers would be admitting that they were wrong for the past decade and wrong to oppose the Iraq war.) And a neutral commissioner would conclude that the jury is still out on Iraq-al Qaeda, not stamp it "case closed."

Yesterday's report itself casts doubt on the intelligence sector's long-held beliefs. Buried in it is an admission that bin Laden sought a partnership with Iraq (among other nations), though it maintains the relationship was never consummated. (How could they know?) This explodes two cherished myths of America's intelligence analysts: that secular dictators and Islamic terrorists would never team up and that al Qaeda is a "loose, stateless network," not a "cut out" for evil regimes. If the CIA's analysts were wrong about that, couldn't they also be wrong about a Saddam-bin Laden link?

A wealth of evidence on the public record — from government reports and congressional testimony to news accounts from major newspapers — attests to longstanding ties between bin Laden and Saddam.

* Abdul Rahman Yasin, a member of the al Qaeda cell that detonated the 1993 World Trade Center bomb, fled to Iraq. U.S. forces recently discovered a cache of documents in Tikrit, Saddam's hometown, that show that Iraq gave Yasin both a home and a salary.

* Bin Laden met eight times with officers of Iraq's Special Security Organization, a secret police agency run by Saddam's son Qusay, and with Saddam's external intelligence service, according to intelligence made public by Secretary of State Colin Powell, at the United Nations Security Council on Feb. 6, 2003.

* Bin Laden met the director of the Iraqi mukhabarat in 1996 in Khartoum, according to Powell.

* An al Qaeda operative now held by the U.S. confessed that in the mid '90s, bin Laden had forged an agreement with Saddam's men to cease all terrorist activities against the Iraqi dictator.

* In October 2000, another Iraqi intelligence operative, Salah Suleiman, was arrested by Pakistani authorities. Suleiman was shuttling between Iraqi intelligence and Ayman al Zawahiri, al Qaeda's No. 2.

* Spanish investigators have uncovered documents seized from Yusuf Galan — who is charged by a Spanish court with being "directly involved with the preparation and planning" of the Sept. 11 attacks — that show the terrorist was invited to a party at the Iraqi embassy in Madrid. The invitation used his "al Qaeda nom de guerre."

* An Iraqi defector to Turkey, known by his cover name as "Abu Mohammed," told the Sunday Times of London that he saw bin Laden's fighters in Iraq in 1997. At the time, Mohammed was a colonel in Saddam's Fedayeen. He described an encounter at Salman Pak, the training facility southeast of Baghdad, where militants trained to hijack planes with knives — on a full-size Boeing 707.

* In 1998, Abbas al-Janabi, a longtime aide to Saddam's son Uday, defected to the West. At the time, he repeatedly told reporters that there was a direct connection between Iraq and al Qaeda.

* The Sunday Times found a Saddam loyalist in a Kurdish prison who claims to have been Dr. Zawahiri's bodyguard during his 1992 visit with Saddam in Baghdad. Dr. Zawahiri was a close associate of bin Laden at the time.

* Following the defeat of the Taliban, almost two dozen bin Laden associates "converged on Baghdad and established a base of operations there," Powell told the United Nations in February 2003. From their Baghdad base, the secretary said, they supervised the movement of men, materiel and money for al Qaeda's global network.

* Abu Musaab al-Zarqawi oversaw an al Qaeda training camp in Afghanistan. Wounded, he sought medical treatment in Baghdad in May 2002. When he recovered, he restarted a training camp in northern Iraq. Zarqawi's Iraq cell was later tied to the October 2002 murder of Lawrence Foley, a U.S. Agency for International Development official. The captured assassin confessed that he received orders and funds from Zarqawi's cell in Iraq.

* Documents found among the debris of the Iraqi Intelligence Center show that Baghdad funded the Allied Democratic Forces, a Ugandan terror group led by an Islamist cleric linked to bin Laden. According to a London's Daily Telegraph, the organization offered to recruit "youth to train for the jihad" at a "headquarters for international holy warrior network" in Baghdad.

* CIA Director George Tenet told the Senate Intelligence Committee: "Iraq has in the past provided training in document-forgery and bomb-making to al Qaeda. It also provided training in poisons and gasses to two al Qaeda associates; one of these [al Qaeda] associates characterized the relationship as successful. . . . This information is based on a solid foundation of intelligence. It comes to us from credible and reliable sources. Much of it is corroborated by multiple sources."

The 9/11 Commission's work is too important to squander on politics. The nation needs a full, frank assessment of the government-wide failures in the Clinton and Bush years that led to the terrorist attacks — and a sober judge, not a camera-mugging prosecutor. Let's hope the commissioners realize that before July 26.

The leftist media and anti-war / anti-Bush pundits in the nation are playing up the statement, "There was no connection between Saddam Hussen/Iraq and al Qaeda/Bin Laden in the attacks on 9/11!" They will beat this dead horse to death over the next few weeks. They will keep pinging on this as long as they can make it work. The problem with it is that none of the Bush Administration, including President Bush and VP Cheney ever said that there was a connection there concerning 9/11. What they said is that there was a connection between the parties above, which has been documented over and over again.

When will these people wake up, and stop believing only what they want to believe, and ignoring the truth.

Very Happy

Woof!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich Miniter has this absolutely right, as usual. The BS was so thick on Chris Mathew's show last night I wanted to vomit.

Ya know guys, I'm starting to really worry about this country. The mainstream media in this country is completely out of control and I believe all too many of our fellow citizens actually rely on their brainwashing for information.

I know the polls say the press is not trusted but when it's repeated over and over like a f'ing commercial I'm afraid all too many are going to buy this junk just like they buy their dinner at Mickey D's.

It's about time for a conservative boycott of the Alphabet Nets, Major Market newspapers and first and foremost their advertisers. Someway, somehow, light has to be shed on these stinking fish heads. They oughta be buried in a Nouc Mam jar for a couple of generations.
ROTC DAD
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both of you are all over the mainstream media but do not look at the sources of your information. Are you both saying that everyone in the government is wrong? Everyone? Except, of course, the current administration?

Every one of the points made by the author can be refuted. Not only does he not give any eveidence, he uses as evidence opinions by Powell and Tenet which have been shown to be wrong since the invasion of Iraq.

The CIA, FBI, State Department, The 9-11 Commission, and God knows how many others have all stated that there is "no credible evidence" that Al Qeada and Iraq worked together, yet both of you know better. Please, let the rest of us in on your secret source of information.

As for your bashing of the mainstream media; you should really look at the media sources you find so credible as harshly as you do the so-called "Mainstream Media."
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The CIA, FBI, State Department, The 9-11 Commission, and God knows how many others have all stated that there is "no credible evidence" that Al Qeada and Iraq worked together, yet both of you know better. Please, let the rest of us in on your secret source of information.

Wrong Again! What they have said is there is 'no credible evidence' that al Qeada and Iraq worked together on the attacks that happened on 9/11! Both Democrats and Republicans in the Government, Executive Branch, and Congress have consistantly pointed out links between Iraq and al Qaeda for at least ten years. Including those prominent Democrats that are now flip-flopping and denying that there ever was any links!

The Bush Administration has never, let me repeat that for those of you that just do not understand basic english, 'NEVER' have said that there is a link between Saddam Hussen/Iraq and Bin Laden/al Qaeda in the planning of or carrying out the attacks on the USA on 9/11!

Woof!

NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ASPB wrote:

It's about time for a conservative boycott of the Alphabet Nets, Major Market newspapers and first and foremost their advertisers. Someway, somehow, light has to be shed on these stinking fish heads. They oughta be buried in a Nouc Mam jar for a couple of generations.

I noticed how quickly "connect the dots" goes out the window when connecting the dots becomes embarrassing to the intelligence community and not in the interest of Democrat partisan gains. Democratic staffers made up the majority of the 9/11 Commission and unfortunately, the Bush Administration is unwilling to defend their strong position in this fight.

>>The Brits believe Iraq harbored Al Qaeda:
http://politics.guardian.co.uk/iraq/story/0,12956,1240842,00.html
Deposed Iraqi leader Saddam Hussein did let al-Qaida operate out of Iraq, Downing Street insisted today.
A US report yesterday said there was no conclusive evidence of a link between the former Iraqi dictator and Osama bin Laden's terrorist group.

But Downing Street said Saddam had created "a permissive environment" for terrorists and al-Qaida operatives were in the country during his time in office.

No 10 said it was not claiming a direct link but a spokeswoman said: "The prime minister has always said Saddam created a permissive environment for terrorism and we know that the people affiliated to al-Qaida operated in Iraq during the regime.<<

As far as boycotting the mainstream media, I'm already doing it. I was a faithful subscriber to the Washington Post for the 5 years I lived here, now I won't have that loathesome rag in my house. I listened to NPR every morning for the past decade or so, refuse to do so now. Both of them have strained credibility so frequently that I find both of them akin to getting my news straight from the DNC.

Last edited by NoDonkey on Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bhist
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So correct No Donkey.

I had to laugh earlier this week when I heard NPR's report about Bush and Clinton at the White House for the unveiling of the Clinton portraits.

The lead in to the story went something like this, "And, in a very unusual moment for President Bush we find him singing praises for President Clinton."

What?!?!

Tell me -- anyone, give me just one instant where Bush has publicly criticized Clinton on anything. You won't find anything. But, NPR, makes it appear as if Bush has on a consistent basis. The situation has been reversed and repeated over and over again -- former presidents, Carter and Clinton and former vice president Gore attack Bush. Carter and Clinton are a joke (we all know that), but they set precedence by doing this -- rarely, in the past did we hear a former president criticizing a current president. The reason for this precedence is to defeat Bush.

As someone posted in another thread -- the Democrats will stop at nothing, even loosing the war on terror just so they can gain control of the White House.
Jeremy Eaton
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

War Dog wrote:
Quote:

The Bush Administration has never, let me repeat that for those of you that just do not understand basic english, 'NEVER' have said that there is a link between Saddam Hussen/Iraq and Bin Laden/al Qaeda in the planning of or carrying out the attacks on the USA on 9/11!

Woof!

But the adminstation was very content to let people believe that. Over 70% (or more!) percent of Americans thought there was a link. Internationally, it is only a slight exaggeration to say that nobody believed that. Troubled by the media? Read foreign press! Get some perspective and make a better judgement.
Marine's Wife
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:14 pm    Post subject: Subject Reply with quote

War Dog, may I copy/paste this to add to my own opinions of GORE-LICK?
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If 70% of the people believe that there is a connection between Iraq and AQ then you must be terribly wrong. That just tells me that the commission is partisan and wrong. As for the foriegn media, Yea right now that is a good source of information, jeesh when will you guy's ever make an informed comment. Aljezera, now that's where we should go guy's to clear our mind's on our countries issues!!! IRAQ AND AQ ARE CONNECTED, BOTH DEMS AND REPS AGREE, THE REPORT ADDRESSES 911 AND A CONNECTION, NOONE SAID THAT SAADAM WAS PART OF 911. ONLY THAT THEY WERE CONNECTED. Semper Fi.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:43 am; edited 1 time in total
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MarineWife, please do!

Quote:
But the adminstation was very content to let people believe that. Over 70% (or more!) percent of Americans thought there was a link. Internationally, it is only a slight exaggeration to say that nobody believed that. Troubled by the media? Read foreign press! Get some perspective and make a better judgement.

Not so, President Bush, VP Cheney and members of the Bush Administration kept saying over and over again that there was 'NO' connection between Saddam Hussen/Iraq and Bin Laden/al Qaeda as far as the events of 9/11 and the attacks on this nation. It's the liberal biased media and democrats/liberals that started the lie about the Bush Administration saying there was a 9/11 connection there. They have mouthed this lie since 9/11 happened.

Prove to me with links and quotes of even one Administration Official, including President Bush, VP Cheney and Cabinet Officials ever saying that Saddam Hussen and Iraq had a hand in planning or carrying out the attack on the US on 9/11! You cannot because no one in the Bush Administration ever said it.

Jeez, you people find a lie that you like, and you run it into the ground in the vain hope that all of America will believe it if you repeat it enough. That's why your poll numbers were so high on this. Not because it's true, but because a lot of US Citizens actually believe the lies.

Woof!

NoDonkey
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bhist wrote:
As someone posted in another thread -- the Democrats will stop at nothing, even loosing the war on terror just so they can gain control of the White House.

One of the last straws for me was when NPR's repulsive hack Ann Garrals interviewed Iraqis who wanted Saddam back in power.

Gee Ann, I bet post-WWII and even today you could find Germans who want Hilter back in power. Does that make WWII wrong too, Ann?

The last strike was Silvia Pugoli's editorial comment following the Madrid bombings, where she said "unlike Americans, Spainiards don't want to trade their civil liberties for security".

NPR broadcasts worthless propoganda for the whining "Why do they hate us" peace-through-surrender" crowd.
jdmcg
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Thanks for posting the first article War Dog. We pwnaged (ownaged- meaning we kicked their butt) someone 4 times with the same information, plus some:
http://forum.protestwarrior.com/viewtopic.php?t=21458&sid=cfe6e9fcdbf4a177d7b7e80ff34f1327

Laughing

** 9 out of 10 terrorists agree. John F'n Kerry for President **
Moore-onheit 101 - Linking to the truth that burns Moore
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should point out that the 9/11 commission, despite the media spin, did NOT say there was no AQ/Saddam connection. In fact, they verified that there was, but they said that they didn't find any credible evidence that they worked together on the 9/11 attacks, and they couldn't say what sort of relationship DID develope.
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: The 9/11 Commission Chairman Speaks the Truth Reply with quote

Governor James Thompson (D) the head of the 9/11 Commission was just interviewed on FoxNews, and he stated that President Bush and his Administration were correct in what they said about connections between Saddam Hussen / Iraq and Bin Laden / al Qaeda. He said that the 9/11 Commission uncovered numerous links between the above, and that there may very well be hundreds if not thousands of more links that they did not uncover.

But that their job was to deal with what happened leading up to 9/11, what happened on 9/11, and the aftermath of 9/11. And that what the 9/11 Commission said was that there was no credible link found between Saddam Hussen / Iraq and Bin Laden / al Qaeda in the preparation for, planning for, or in carrying out the attacks on 9/11.

He also said that the media is blowing what was said out of proporation, and that they are twisting what the 9/11 Commission said and spinning it to fit what they want for purely political reasons.

So, there you have it straight from the Chairman of the 9/11 Commission. Go ahead, spin that!

Woof!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: