SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry to declare victory - no matter what
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the opportunity to take a telephone call this evening from a relative who is screamingly mad as hell about this story.

It shocks me, but in a way it doesn't because for over 15 years as a gun owner I've seen politicos like Kerry go after guns and the 2nd amendment even when data proves otherwise ab out the issues.

As a citizen of this great country I fear more now than ever for the country. 9-11 shook me to the core, but I knew our military is the best in the world and would prevail as long as the politicians did the right thing.

Now I see a small minority of my country brainwashing and turning some of my fellow citizens into "Useful idiots" of the left.

These people, the core of the Democratic party have turned on us and the American values. It sickens me and leaves my blood cold.

It's too much to even think about what a Kerry admin would do to this country. I think the Collectivist are on the verge of causing a civil war in one way or another.
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One shouldn't be really surprised that part of Kerry's strategy is to declare himself the victor, start forming his cabinet and going to the courts to "legitimize" his "victory". It is further proof that when the [left] realize they can't win at the ballotbox they rely on the courts to do their dirty work.. [Deleted] Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wwIIvetsdaughter wrote:
One shouldn't be really surprised that part of Kerry's strategy is to declare himself the victor, start forming his cabinet and going to the courts to "legitimize" his "victory". It is further proof that when the [left] realize they can't win at the ballotbox they rely on the courts to do their dirty work.. [deleted] Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

And thats when the real President picks up the phone and calls his defense department heads in and say's "Lets Roll!"
cipher
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
And thats when the real President picks up the phone and calls his defense department heads in and say's "Lets Roll!"

Actually, no. There is the minor issue of the Posse Comitatus Act of 1878, which makes it a bit sticky to just "call out the troops" for what is essentially a civil law enforcement issue.

Then again, who know? That was then, this is now.
Defense contractor for US Navy, SSPO, SP-20, SP-24, OP-12 84-92
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Hmmm...maybe not the president, but there are times when the "people" can say "Let's Roll!"

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the Republicans control both the White House and the Congress--with senate by at least 2 seats in the next election, I say, "The Democratic Party is over, at least for the next 8-12 years".

When you realize that the sane guys like Senator Lieberman and Miller are viewed as party's liabilities rather than assets, you've got to conclude that there is really something wrong with this party. And given the fact that the party is hailing the American hater Michael Moore, and nominating the great pretender John Kerry as president, one can wonder what FDR and JFK might have said in their tombs.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has this ever been done before? Taking the liberty of claiming victory regardless of results? Is this LEGAL?

What is the margin in which they can get away with calling it 'too close to call'
Hopefully Bush wins by a much larger margin. WE HAVE TO HEAT UP THE PRESSURE! Stolen Honor is the key.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry and camp are saying it doesn't matter what the count comes to.
And no, I've never seen this in my lifetime.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should use this "Banana Republic" tactic of the DEMs to our advantage, but I'm seeing unwarranted concern in some of the posts on this thread that need to be laid to rest. Take a deep breath, folks.

Whether by plan or accident, the winner of the election is not sworn into office before late January. There's no way that someone can declare themselves the winner and start taking over the government (as some seem to have suggested here).

Sure, if one candidate declares himself the winner on 3 November it will create confusion and consternation. But the 2 1/2 months before he can legally take the oath of office will nullify that tactic.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Take a deep breath, folks.

You are probably right, but what makes me sick to my stomach is that this arrogant person has the gall to start claiming he is the victor already.
I dearly hope some of these Independents who allegdedly have not made up their minds take a good listen to just what the traitor is saying and vote against him.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
JK
PO3

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Kerry to declare victory - no matter what Reply with quote

What Kerry is planning to do is have a coup to take over the Government. Let's not forget he controls the media and he will order his operatives to seize control of the Government. At one time many thought only the far right wing had this fear but now I believe that mainstream America realizes that Kerry will take control regardless of the election results. Even if the results show Kerry the "winner" they will never be valid due to the massive voter fraud expected in Kerry strongholds like the urban cities. The RNC is afraid to even monitor these polling districts controlled by Jackson, Sharpton and others.

I never, never will acknowledge that Kerry is my President. I like many will work actively to oppose him and his party that oppresses the middle class.

JK
Son Of The Godfather
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have fun imagining him still declaring victory while they cart that orange-faced lurch away in a straightjacket.

After crying on Nov 3, guess who will have to adjust his makeup?

SOTG
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We may be sounding paranoid - I think even the Kerry Kampf wouldn't have the b**** to do any of that. How scary, though. Scary to think about the impending civil war if he does.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been wondering why the Kerry campaign strategy people would promulgate this obviously arragant and numb-skulled tactic. What would they have to gain?

The more I think about it, it seems to me that this tactic would force the courts, and likely the Supreme Court, to get into the fray again. From their (Democrats, who appear to be behind in the polls) viewpoint, this might be seen as a win-win tactic. It would be a win if they could force this issue before the Supreme Court, who might after the last election decide to "set things right" (they are not supposed to be, but they are political; they got a lot of flak on their decision in 2000; and it was a narrow decision last time). And it would be something of a back-handed win if the Democrats lose this election, but would have engendered more of a voter backlash among their supporters if the Supreme Court were made to appear to have "given" the election to Bush AGAIN.

However you care to look at it, it is underhanded, very dirty, politics, and sure to create a rift deeper than there is now. I really fear for this country's future when this much poison is being spread.
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you all really think the American people, already suffering from election fatigue, will stand for Kerry declaring himself victor, regardless of the outcome?

Come on. If they force this into the Supreme Court again the American people will be furious. It will also be a great opportunity to start exposing the faces behind the current Democrat party. Let's all talk about George Soros, wanna?

I think this is gamesmanship, and a distraction from the real story, which is the Democrats get out the vote effort they will be putting forth in the last weekend before the election. I put another post on another thread about the need to turn our frustration into action and go work at the local Bush hdqtrs to counter those efforts. Please volunteer, and make sure it is impossible for Kerry to pull any third world coup tactics.

I personally hope Kerry does this. I am just perverse enough to find it easy to put up with the temporary aggravation in order to finish off Kerry, McAuliffe, Carville and all their ignorant little teenaged mutant ninja knownothings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: