SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Law vs. Rights
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Law vs. Rights
I'm conservative. Law trumps rights.
42%
 42%  [ 8 ]
I'm conservative. Rights trump law.
21%
 21%  [ 4 ]
I'm liberal. Law trumps rights.
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
I'm liberal. Rights trump law.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
I'm neither. Law trumps rights.
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
I'm neither. Rights trump law.
10%
 10%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 19

Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sort of what I said, but you put it better and more point blank. I was giving them time to see realality verses their beliefs. But you hit the nail on the head, either honor that contract or sign another one elswhere. Law's in fact Trump Right's. Semper Fi ASPB!!!!
publius
Ensign

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Therefore in practice the terms of your contract with the nation trump your individual rights because you signed them away when you chose to live here and be governed by the terms of the contract. " -ASPB

To tell you the truth I'm speechless.

Others can keep the ball rolling if they wish. I need a little break.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

publius wrote:
"Therefore in practice the terms of your contract with the nation trump your individual rights because you signed them away when you chose to live here and be governed by the terms of the contract. " -ASPB

You can be speechless if you like. It may have been possibly better stated for someone with myopia.

Therefore, in practice, the terms of your contract with the nation place certain constraints on your individual rights because you accepted them when you chose to live here and be governed by ther terms of the contract. Can you speak now? It doesn't really change the meaning except for those that insist on parsing phrases.

So for the 2nd time; Law trumps Rights!
ASPB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, disregarding political persuasion and possible confusion regarding the premise, The Rule of Law trumps individual rights 8 to 7. Kinda like November 2nd will be. For every 8 Bush votes there will be 7 Kerry votes.

Anyone giving odds? Laughing
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2004 11:29 pm    Post subject: Think about becomming an honest critical thinker Reply with quote

publius wrote:

While you are on break…

Do me a favor and go over to any of the pro Kerry boards and politely start asking questions about Kerry’s involvement with the VVAW and see how long your post will last.

My post on the Kerry debunker site

100s of POWs will never forget Kerry
Because the sad truth of the matter is that their first introduction to Lieutenant Kerry was by their captures that used the VVAW dogma as a tool in an effort to break their spirit.

After all of the hateful name calling I shared with them an email I had received from a Kerry Supporter. It was pulled & I was expelled within a couple hours.

Hi John, I accept you salute, but probably it should be the other way around since I was an enlisted airman & you were most likely an officer.

As thousands of POW flags wave at parades this 4th of July it will be very difficult for the veteran community to rally around Kerry. As noble as Kerry's VVAW intentions were. I believe the Democratic Party has made the mistake of insulting the line share of the 26 million veterans by nominating Kerry. With blinders in our eyes and an "any body but Bush mentality" In the midst of the all the Bush bashing did any of the other candidates even question Kerry's post war record. As honorable as you think Kerry's VVAW activity was I think it should disqualify him as becoming commander and chief. Hell if their was a record of me participating with the VVAW in 1971 do you think the Air Force would have given me the clearance required to be assigned security duty for Nuclear Missiles. It is my opinion that the end result of the Kerry nomination will lead to a further erosion of the democratic base. As veterans like myself change parties.

I guess the Kerry defeat will be just one more casualty of the Vietnam War.

501 N 8th St.
Suite 120
Sheboygan, WI 53081

920-457-0927 office
920-457-0928 fax
800-925-6727 toll free

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 12:22 PM
To: Stephen Jelinek
Subject: "I Salute You Service, Brother !"

Steve - Stephen, thanks for your Service Brother !
At least your honest enough to be open about your opinions.

Oh, course it's going to be 'true', to some extent, that the items in the public domain would be used by an enemy to influence international and POW situations ! That was not the intended reason for actions taken to help bring reality back to the US government and people !

What do you think our current Bush administration was doing producing
propaganda images staged to intimidate other prisoners ? Home movies? Read the current legal memo just put out in the public domain, and see the approval that was qualified for use of special situations to defend being abusive during interrogations ? There's intent, there's deceit !

Remember what Geo. H.R. Bush's operatives did to Sen. John McCain's reputation as a POW, and his wife the last time Geo. W. Bush was
getting started in the Primary battles ? Look it up, not pretty, the man responsible for that activity ran Al Sharpton's campaign this time ? Why ?

A.F., ever hear of SAM missions ? You should have heard some of the
non-encrypted voice patches back to the "Crown", White House,
while Kissinger was doing the Paris talks !!!!!! One angry Prez. Hell, Nixon and Kissinger where the ones who gave up on the MIAs and lost mission personnel !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And that was in cleared traffic !!!!!!!!!! (Special Aircraft Missions, AF1, State, Special MILOPS, Spooks !)

And that does what to Sen. Kerry's truth about the "War" !
When the final days where coming for normalization of relations with present day Viet Nam, Sen. Kerry and Sen. McCain both pushed and got accountability for MIAs, POWs, and lost mission personnel as part of the package to force the Viet Nam access of the special search teams working all of South East Asia to bring home what they could and detail incidents for the families and the nation to show respect !

I can't and won't try to change your opinions, my views are of a real
need for a leader with integrity, intelligence, and a true global knowledge ! (USN, '68-'74, NSGA G-64 SPECOMM, and civy for Rockwell Comm.) JohnA.III

----- Original Message -----
To: "'John'"
Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 9:26 AM
Subject: RE: As Ronny would say, "ah,,,,,,well there someone goes again !"

Thanks for the reply John. And thank you for your service.
You are correct at this time my leanings are towards the Bush side. I
came over to the Kerry side in hopes of finding someone who could prove to me that the VVAW dogma wasn't used by the enemy.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 4:26 pm    Post subject: JUSTICES VERSUS JUDGES Reply with quote

Goophy Dog says "liberal judges that continue to sit on the bench and interpret law is the fault of the people who allow them to do so."

Yes, that is true primarily for that category of JUSTICE called CLASS ACTION LAWSUITS that end up in the Federal Supreme Court for judicial judgement. The problem is moreso with the JUSTICES, than the JUDGES.

As Supreme Court Justices are selected, not elected, all with lifetime appointments, the fault is in who we vote in as Federal Senators and Presidents, who have the job to do the selection. That is why this 2004 election is cruicial. There will be two or three Supreme Court Justices that need to be replaced. The liberal fight for the Senate and Presidency is to keep and gain control the of Justice System, which really is where power hits the road, that power that influences our daily life.

Further, these Justices, by name, rarely make the news as to how they ruled, and on what class action lawsuits. There is no way to appraise their lifetime performance, by name. Sad to say, we have a couple of onservative appointed Justices that turned out to be liberal partisans after they got there. The problem is that conservatives choose to stay out of the selection process, while liberals become organized opposing activists as in the case of Judge Bork's nomination, or this latest Latino Judge.

A: Law & Justice
1: Civil Law / Common Law
2: Lawsuits / Litigation
Contracts
Harassment
Intellectual Property (conceptual)
Property Rights / Ownership
Legal/Tort Reform
Damages

3: Lawsuits: Class Action
Judicial Judgments
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:39 pm    Post subject: entitlements trump justice Reply with quote

In America, the JUSTICE system is a LEGAL system made up of a body of LAWS. JUSTICE = LAWS: LAWS = JUSTICE

There are many applications of the word RIGHT. To the liberal, RIGHTS = ENTITLEMENTS (grounds for seeking or claiming something, a right to benefits, a government program providing benefits to members of a specified group)

If my logic and premise is correct:
LAWS = JUSTICE
RIGHTS = ENTITLEMENTS
ENTITLEMENTS = CLAIMS FOR BENEFITS BY A SPECIFIED GROUP

Then, the liberal conclusion is that ENTTTLEMENTS TRUMP JUSTICE, or the CLAIMS FOR BENEFITS BY A SPECIFID GROUP TRUMPS JUSTICE.

I see, redistribution of earned wages of the self determined ambitious to buy goods and services per the claims of able bodied idle sloths, is JUST.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:56 am; edited 1 time in total
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Logic is hurtfull? Reply with quote

Hist/student says: LOGIC THE BANE OF THE LEFTISTS MINDSET, where"logic is hurtfull when it is applied to Deeds, thoughts and words. The best thing which happend to me in college was being too insecure to take advanced math. I lucked into one of those professor types who change their students lives for the better."

The IDEA and taproot of logic is REASONING. the science of the formal principles of reasoning dealing with RELEVANCE, something that forces a decision apart from or in opposition to reason. Simply put, you cannot reason with those not able to reason, like reasoning with children.

I guess deeds, thoughts, and words with sound reasoning (& facts) are hurtfull to some. Yes, the truth does hurt sometimes. That is modern college student thinking. We have the RIGHTS of not being discomforted by words. In the 60's, college student fought to be adult. Now they fight to stay children, to remain immature, remain sensitive to words. I know many in old age that are still in high school, that never grew up. I know many where FEELINGS dominate and trump sound REASON.

Garage Logic and reasoning are essential to making the better choice, the better decision. I was fortunate to major in mathematics, economics, and Political Science. Thanks for the logic, math, and science degrees that over the century gave us jet engines, commercial airliners, computers, TV's, frig's, washers, dryers, indoor toilets, hot water heaters, medical equipment and medicines, integrated circuits, organ transplants, and all those material goods that make those insecure college students live a better life.

This is the classic contrast in IDEAS that shows why BUREAUCACY and TECHNOLOGY cannot co-exist, and why the USSR collapsed from within. The USSR could make great military weapons. But, according to the CEO of Super Valu, who put the first largest supermarket into Moscow, reported that they did not even have the technology to make a can of pea's. Russian's who got their peas and twigs out of a barrel were amazed at American Peas, all uniform in size, and canned with clean pure water. Half the food raised in the fields could never make it to market. Half the food rotted in the fields because they had no technologies in place to get it from field, to shelf, processed and packaged. Watch the food channel at 7:30 PM EDT, and be amazed how our food gets from there to here.

I wonder if students ever wonders how all those material goods that he purchases actually gets from raw materials to the store shelf. My grandkids think milk comes from a bottle, and hamburger from McDonalds.
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Re: Logic is hurtfull? Reply with quote

ROWELG wrote:
Hist/student says: LOGIC THE BANE OF THE LEFTISTS MINDSET, where"logic is hurtfull when it is applied to Deeds, thoughts and words. The best thing which happend to me in college was being too insecure to take advanced math. I lucked into one of those professor types who change their students lives for the better."

The IDEA and taproot of logic is REASONING. the science of the formal principles of reasoning dealing with RELEVANCE, something that forces a decision apart from or in opposition to reason. Simply put, you cannot reason with those not able to reason, like reasoning with children.

I hate to post this, mostly because it's going to give virtually everyone a headache, but it's a perfect explanation of the above...

www.butterfliesandwheels.com/articleprint.php?num=39

Perhaps hist/student would be kind enough to summarize it for us (apology in advance - I had to read it three times to get all of it). It's worth studying, but I won't say it will be easy.

What it does do, it seems to me, is explain why the Liberal Elites are unwilling to accept a logical explanation for anything. They have (via the "Progressives") found that logic can be trumped by "situatedness," which argues that logic (in the Western "White Man" sense) is specific to our culture, and not applicable elsewhere.

If this sounds absurd, please read the entire post. I apologize for the density of the prose, but I didn't write it.

Wink
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:46 am    Post subject: thinking patterns Reply with quote

Scotts says: "They (liberal elites) have (via the "Progressives") found that logic can be trumped by "situatedness," which argues that logic (in the Western "White Man" sense) is specific to our culture, and not applicable elsewhere. "

Sadly, but that is somewhat true, although after centuries, proof is in the pudding. Days before the downfall of the Shah of Iran, with visa in hand, I was ready to depart to Iran to set up a factory to build PC's. The Shah, knew that one day the oil would run out. He needed desktop educational PC's to mass educate the people, to bring them into the industrial age. He paid for the R&D with my American company. He was going to mass produce educational terminals, long before Microsoft. His anti-industry anti-western opponents ( living in France), and thanks to Carter withdrawing all military and American support, overthrew the Shah.

Anyway, to the point at hand, I had to go to an Iranian seminar as to understand how to manage Iranians. The central point that they stressed, and I retained was that (1) Western Culture moves from the specific, to the general, and (2) Eastern Culture moved from the general to the specific. That meant not teaching chapter 1, before 2, and 3, and etc. Ideas were not linked to one another, but to the general big picture. Teaching could not be done as linking IDEAS, chapter by chapter. It was not the movement from simple to complex. Business meetings must start talking the general, and moving to and from specifics. Their thinking pattern is jumping back and forth, from general, to a specific, back to general, back to specific, etc. It is like looking at a picture, looking at the whole first, and then picking it apart, bit by bit. It was not a this, plus this, plus this, is that. It was not A + B =C, therefore.....!

It explains suiicide = rewards of virgins in heaven! It also explains why western God-based SELF DETERMINATION cultures continue to advance, century after century, growing and prospering via sound imagination, technology and creativity. It explains why most eastern COLLECTIVEST cultures are centuries behind the times. The fact is that Islam is not logical, or reasonable, at least not radical Islam. In my experience, neither committees nor bureaucrats created nor invented anything, for they always ponder the general. It is safe to say that all the landmark discoveries impacting science and technology came from an individual, like Newton, or Einstein, not a gang. Technology and bureaucracy cannot coexist. A Gang (collectivist, socialist) is a gang, is a gang, whether members are dressed in leathers, suits and ties, or robes.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: