SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why are the Democrats so nasty now?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adrian Spidle
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Why are the Democrats so nasty now? Reply with quote

Why are the Democrats so nasty now? Rolling Eyes

I have voted in every presidential election since 1968 (I voted for HH Humphrey by absentee ballot as I was in the Navy) and I have never seen such bitterness and outright nastiness. Not ever.

I can’t talk about the election with my own son.

My wife and I can’t talk about the election with my Mother-in-Law.

I can’t talk about the election with one of my best friends of 20 years.

My Democrat neighbors won’t say hello.

Some of the Democrat parents at my daughter’s school are actually nasty.

When I ask “Give me a reason to vote for Kerry that isn’t based in how bad Bush is?” they shut up.

“Did you see Fahrenheit 911?” is the most common question they ask.

I’m extremely worried that the DNC is going to try again to steal the election no matter what the vote count is. If we have 5 or 6 Florida’s and we don’t have a resolution by Inauguration Day, that will be a great tragedy and Americans might die.

WHAT IS THE SOLUTION?

IS THERE HOPE?

http://pep.typepad.com/public_enquiry_project/2004/10/why_are_the_dem_3.html
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep your powder dry and shoot low, those libbies ride shetland ponies. Wink

Bush WILL win and Kerry will probably try to steal it, just like Gore did.

Bush will be sworn in as POTUS in January and Kerry will be in a nice padded cell somewhere eating spiders and reciting Voltaire.
buffman
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask them if they saw Fahrenhype 911 as a rebuttal or read "Michael Moore is a Big Fat Stupid White Man". I think these people are angry at something besides Bush, maybe angry at themselves, who knows? It is the worst thing in the world to harbor so much anger, and downright wrong when they do to such a great leader as Bush.
Armybrat/Armymom
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there is always hope. Without hope we are lost.
neverforget
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are their candidate. No different. They also have a chairman of their party who is an absolute lunatic.
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Kerry is the Prince of Darkness. Some elements of that party have crossed over into the world of pure evil. I am so grateful that our leaders have remained civil during this vitriolic mess.
joeshero
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
John Kerry is the Prince of Darkness. Some elements of that party have crossed over into the world of pure evil. I am so grateful that our leaders have remained civil during this vitriolic mess.

AGREE. I see it that way too. Just look at his face at the cover of "The Unfit". Darkness! This guy will say ANYTHING just to get the most votes. And...certainly he will sell his soul for votes too. I remember when he said the story about him late mom. Remember John, "integrity, integrity, integrity". My guess is his mom knew the fundamental problem of his son character. Totally lack of integrity. But hey, Kerry is just the representative of that darkness....Smile
azpatriot
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joeshero wrote:
Nomorelies wrote:

AGREE. I see it that way too. Just look at his face at the cover of "The Unfit". Darkness! This guy will say ANYTHING just to get the most votes. And...certainly he will sell his soul for votes too. I remember when he said the story about him late mom. Remember John, "integrity, integrity, integrity". My guess is his mom knew the fundamental problem of his son character. Totally lack of integrity. But hey, Kerry is just the representative of that darkness....Smile

You watch when Kerry looses then is utterly embarassed when he trys to "win by cheating" and that doesn't work he'll go overseas. Your right I believe he really is the Prince of Darkness (at least he's the host the prince will eventually ocuppy). So far he fit's the bill to a tee.
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush Limbaugh hit the nail right on the head. It really got bad after the 1994 midterm elections and they lost the House of Representatives, their power, and their minds. They cannot stand it and will resort to anything, [deleted] to regain their power

Admin note: Please refrain from making baseless accusations, even if personal thoughts or speculation. Thank you
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He isn't charming enough to be Prince of anything; not even of darkness. He is too obvious. He is just a minor devil, with aspirations.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Democrats are not being nasty. Liberals are being nasty.
What many people fail to see is is that both Democrats and Republicans have been divided into Conservatives and Liberals. McCain is a Republican, but he is a Liberal first. Zell Miller is a Democrat, but he is a Conservative first. This split is not recognized by most Americans. There are a tremendous number of Democrats who will vote for Kerry because he is a Democrat. These same people may be Conservative in their thinking, but will still vote the party line even though Bush actually represents their beliefs. This split in both parties just isn't apparent to most Americans.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Democrats are not being nasty. Liberals are being nasty.

Well put, BuffaloJack, and easy to forget.

After this election - win or lose - there's going to be a knock-down, drag-out fight within the Democratic Party. If Kerry wins, then there is going to be power struggle within the party for power. If he loses there's going to be a finger-pointing fight for blame. Neither portends well for the 2008 election, BTW, which is why some people who study politics think that if Kerry loses this one, the Democratic party may be a non-contender for many years to come.

The Republicans seem - for now - to be better able to contain their own differences.
Lily
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the anger comes from the realization by liberals that this election is it.That if they don't win the presidency this time and Bush succeeds in the Middle East, the democrats will be out of the presidency for the next 20 years. The democratic base has slowly eroded over the past 40 years with the south, union members and catholics being slowly peeled away.I'm sure liberals were shocked to see 18% of African Americans voting for Bush this year. That's twice the AA vote Bush got in 2000 and it's directly attributed to Bush's emphasis on his Christian faith. According to Bill O'Reilly Bush already has won the popular vote so the only game for Kerry is the EC and if all else fails to try to win the election in the courts.
PC
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:23 am    Post subject: Nasty Reply with quote

I saw the dems get agressive and nasty back around 1994 when they launched really ugly attacks, both personally and politically on Newt Gingrich.

Gingrich initiated the Contract For America, which ushered in a new era of Republican power, finally gaining a majority in the House of Representatives in 1994. And also unheard of, a Republican, Gingrich became Speaker of The House.

This drove the Clintonistas wacko and the attacks on Gingrich started and the MSM also played into and helped drive the ugly dem slime machine.

In fact, I think Gingrich was the model used to go after Dubya.
DaveS
Ensign

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was at the gym recently and two guys next to me mentioned Kerry. I didnt mean to butt in but had to say "that guy scares me". Everyone within hearing range starting hissing and yelling at me.

Sadly I am in one of the most conservative areas of California. My vote is wasted.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: