SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

NYT Hard Left mudslings Swifties as 'shameful effort'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:51 pm    Post subject: NYT Hard Left mudslings Swifties as 'shameful effort' Reply with quote

This is how liberals spin our concern with character in our commander in chief...don't they know that it's all about "integrity, integrity, integrity?" On the eve of losing (I hope, I hope!) all they can do is flail about...Kerry was supposed to have this sewn up by now, according to Evan Thomas, the "glow, the optimism" would be worth 15 points...

THOMAS L. FRIEDMAN - NY Times
"Conservatives profess to care deeply about the outcome in Iraq, but they sat silently for the last year as the situation there steadily deteriorated. Then they participated in a shameful effort to refocus the country's attention on what John Kerry did on the rivers of Vietnam 30 years ago, not on what George Bush and his team are doing on the rivers of Babylon today, where some 140,000 American lives are on the line. Is this what it means to be a conservative today?"

Yeah, right - "they sat silently" - I love these ivory tower types that don't have a clue Mad ...things haven't been done perfectly in Iraq but we hardly "sat silently." What insulting garbage!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Friedman is another of those rabid liberals, but to his point:

Quote:
Then they participated in a shameful effort to refocus the country's attention on what John Kerry did...

Did he not know that shortly prior to the election sKerry put out his own book recounting his own memoirs covering those very rivers of Vietnam?

Did he not watch the Democratic Convention? Did he not see sKerry's "resume" being presented in which most of it concentrated on his Vietnam "service"? Did he not see and hear sKerry salute and "report for duty"? Did he not see sKerry's own "band of brothers" being so shamelessly displayed?

What a slime-ball!!!!
pneal
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:20 am    Post subject: The shame is on Kerry and his supporters Reply with quote

Kerry brought up Vietnam.....NOT THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Kerry perpetrated frauds to obtain his early passage home from Vietnam.....NOT THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Kerry built a life and career around his stint in Vietnam.....NOT THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Kerry gave aid and comfort to the enemy during war time.....NOT THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Kerry admits to commiting war crimes and atrocities.....NOT THE SWIFTBOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Kerry decided to run for the highest office in the nation based on his war record.....NOT THE SWIFT BOAT VETERANS & POWS!

Confused SO WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED? Shocked Confused The Liar or the Victims? Confused
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:31 am    Post subject: NYT Hard Left Mudslings Reply with quote

MSM would you expect anything less. They don't even hid their bias anymore.

RHV
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't consider John Kerry to be a swiftboat veteran. He may have served a few months on the same base as me and on a PCF, but he never sought nor achieved the camaraderie with the others serving aboard the PCFs. These men, these swiftees, I consider to be my brothers and friends. I may not have seen more a few of them since I left the Viet Nam 33 years ago, but with them I am confident that I can count on them if I ever need their help. Likewise, when Admiral Hoffman asked the swiftees to come together to oppose John Kerry, all but a scant few answered the call. I cannot consider anyone a brother in arms who would turn on the men he served with and falsely proclaim them war criminals and committers of atrocities before the world, their enemies and the nation they served.
John Kerry is not now and never will be considered to be a swiftee by me.
John Kerry is an unindicted traitor who rendered a valuable service to the enemy. John Kerry's actions are inexcusable.
John Kerry wants to be commander in chief and he is, in my opinion, unfit for command.
Stevie

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BuffaloJack wrote:
I don't consider John Kerry to be a swiftboat veteran. He may have served a few months on the same base as me and on a PCF, but he never sought nor achieved the camaraderie with the others serving aboard the PCFs. These men, these swiftees, I consider to be my brothers and friends. I may not have seen more a few of them since I left the Viet Nam 33 years ago, but with them I am confident that I can count on them if I ever need their help. ...

up through a short time after I joined here I still tried thnk good of Kerry's service (I got stuck on words there.... I don't want to say 'honor' .... ) but I disliked him intensely.... I didnt have to get into his medals etc to know he was dispicable - that was just from faint memories (refreshed by clips on TV) of him in 1971 - tho I wasn't real involved in Vietnam stuff - the few veterans I did know I honored way to much to even like Kerry a little bit. The more I read here and dug into his records etc the more I detested him. Within a short time, I could honestly and without choking say to anyone - including Kerry himself that he was/is no war hero.... his is nothing but a war chicken - and I would feel it a privilege to spit on him......
be arrested, exiled or hanged.
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The stuff Kerry says now is affecting the troops. I can't believe he doesn't get it! He is either an idiot or he only cares about getting elected otherwise why would he undercut the troops again? The garbage he says is being used by the enemy to bolster their cause! I can't stand that guy.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The stuff Kerry says now is affecting the troops.

He is making their job a lot harder, all because he wants to win an election. He needs to shut the hell up, I hate this man.
Tilly
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You bet it's affecting the war in Iraq ... maybe our troops are able to blow him off, but you can bet that Zarqwai (sp?) is hanging on even tougher because of Kerry and the anti-war pukes.

Also ... dammit!!! I've been thumbing through Thomas Hamill's book about his experiences as a hostage in Iraq.(Remember, Hamill was the one that escaped last spring.)

Towards the end of the book, there is a chapter called "Retaliation." Apparently, his treatment suddenly got rougher, after his captors saw the NBC (MSM) broadcast of the Abu Gharib "abuses".

MSM strikes again! Ticks me off BIG TIME. I wish Hamill would find an enterprising Trial Lawyer to sue the fock out of MSM for pain and suffering.
fortdixlover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anker-Klanker wrote:
Friedman is another of those rabid liberals, but to his point:

Quote:
Then they participated in a shameful effort to refocus the country's attention on what John Kerry did...

NOTE:

Never, ever take an emotion-laden adjective such as "shameful" from a leftist like Friedman or his MSM friends to mean anything but "something we think is harmful to our leftist agenda."

In fact, the use of such terms, especially in ad-hominem attacks or attacks against groups such as Swiftvets, is most often premeditated and deliberately dishonest. (I imagine in some truly deranged people, such attacks can be "honest", if that word has meaning in the deranged).

Soldiers and vets should be aware of such "psyops" (psychological operations) in the ideological wars you now fight. The rules of engagement are a little different than on the battlefield, but not that different.

-- FDL
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:26 pm    Post subject: New Yuck timeout? Reply with quote

The "freeman" guys response site is at 1448 and counting, now down due

to responses, once more I think the "mudia" is using these crap words

to get response so they can go the add people and say, look how many

people respond, you must pay "x" $ now. and its us they are using.

will call him out one more time any way
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Mr. Friedman,

Shameful is when a major news organization makes a bigger story out of forged letter than the sworn testimony of over 250 decorated and corageous veterans. In fact, CBS and Dan Rather (among the rest) never made the Swiftboat story a story at all.

Shameful is when the President's alleged missing duty and/or physical in the TANG gets almost a year of coverage, yet the SBVT were ignored for months after their first press conference.

Shameful is the MSM's reticence to ask Kerry a SINGLE question about his Vietnam experiences, or worse, make him account for his actions after he came back, including his illegal and seditious meetings with the Vietnamese communists in France.

Shameful is the complete disinterest that the MSM has shown in obtaining any more of Kerry's military record than he is willing to show, while simultaneously hounding, and finally, suing the President for his.

Shameful is the way that the MSM brands the Swiftees as "liars" and "completely discredited" when you haven't even bothered to investigate a single charge.

Shameful is the way Ted Koppel, working for the network that hired leftist partisan Mark Halperin as its Political Director, went to Vietnam to take the monitored stories of Vietnamese communists as the final truth in the Vietnam story, while ignoring the testimony of the Swiftees.

Shameful is the way the Halperin memo was completely ignored by the MSM as if it was nothing special. I have no doubt it is typical of the directions your reporters get from your editors etc.

Shameful is the way that the press has completely glossed over the fact that Kerry's entire career, starting when he joined the Naval Reserves, was one of weakening America, and aiding and abetting its enemies. A practice he continues to this day, yet there is not a story about it in your paper or any other.

Shameless it the way that the MSM continuously pounds away at the war in Iraq, showing only the small amount of bad news and completely ignoring the good that we are doing. Shameful is the way you and others make a tiny radical part of the population there appear as if it represented the whole country.

Shameful is the way the MSM gushed over the now disproven and/or discredited testimonies of the likes of Richard Clarke and Joe Wilson, humped their books, suppressed the stories of the Sandy Berger burglaries, and failed to note that they ALL work and support Kerry. Ask yourself this: how does a gossip monger like Kitty Kelly get THREE days on the Today show, and John O'Neill get none?

Shameful seems to be a way of life for the MSM.

Shameful equals unapologetic liberal partisanship by you and others, which you put before the health and security of the nation.

Shameful is the way you publicly criticize the President and the USA, without equal time for the other side, as if the rest of the world couldn't read your shameless and mostly inaccurate and biased coverage and take it as truth.

Shameful is the way you help the terrorists by making America look bad and their murderous efforts seem virtuous (see Reuter's instruction to call the terrorists "insurgents" or "freedom fighters" or anything than what they are: murderous, ignorant savages that need to be exterminated.

Shameful is the way the NYTimes has become almost indistinguishable from Al Jazeera.

Maybe you should look in the mirror before you point the finger of shame at the SBVT, Mr. Friedman.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: