SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Soros Rips Michael Moore; Billionaire Also Denies Insider Tr

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Soros Rips Michael Moore; Billionaire Also Denies Insider Tr Reply with quote

Quote:
Soros Rips Michael Moore; Billionaire Also Denies Insider Trading Conviction and Defends MoveOn 'Surrender' Ad

WASHINGTON, Oct. 21 /U.S. Newswire/ -- George Soros denounced filmmaker Michael Moore for using unethical and misleading tactics following a speaking engagement in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania on October 19. But the billionaire liberal still defended a controversial TV ad by MoveOn.org, a liberal advocacy group heavily subsidized by Soros.

Soros was speaking at Harrisburg's Tuesday Club as part of his nationwide tour calling for the defeat of President Bush (news - web sites). Members of the Soros Truth Squad, sponsored by the National Legal and Policy Center, attended the event and confronted Soros.

In response to a question from Harrisburg Patriot-News reporter Peter DeCoursey about fellow Bush-critic Moore, Soros criticized the filmmaker for resorting to inaccuracies "to mislead the American people." Soros emphatically stated, "I am not a fan of Michael Moore."

(See http://www.pennlive.com/search/index.ssf?/base/news/1098264048106 700.xml?pennnews )

During the question and answer period, Soros defended a TV commercial aired by MoveOn PAC in September that portrayed an American soldier in Iraq (news - web sites) sinking chest-deep into the desert. His arms were raised over his head in the universal "surrender" position. The ad said, "George Bush (news - web sites) got us into this quagmire. It will take a new president to get us out." In response to a wave of protest, MoveOn.org pulled the ad.

Asked by Charlie Gerow of Quantum Communications if he agreed with the commercial, Soros declined to criticize it. He said it is an "accurate representation" of the U.S. situation in Iraq and "I don't see what is wrong with that." (The Q&A period can be viewed at www.GeorgeSoros.com.)

NLPC President Peter Flaherty asked Soros why he came to Pennsylvania, "where corporate scandals have cost people their jobs," telling working people how they should vote given his conviction for insider trading in France.

Soros denied that he was convicted. Numerous news organizations in the U.S. and Europe reported, however, that Soros was convicted of insider trading in December 2002 and fined $2.2 million. Furthermore, Soros previously admitted that he was convicted. In a September 12, 2003 interview on the PBS show "Now with Bill Moyers," Soros told reporter David Brancaccio, "I was found guilty."

After denying that he had been convicted, Soros attacked the Soros Truth Squad, calling it "Orwellian."

NLPC promotes integrity in public life through research, education and legal action. The group sponsors the Corporate Integrity Project.

Yahoo News Article

Stolen Honor
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pot calling the Keddle black
bsjracing
Seaman

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey, divide and conquer, get them fighting amongst themselves instead of against Bush.

If you're going to burn the US flag, at least have the decency to wrap yourself in it first.
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted an article or 2 regarding George Soro's conviction if insider trading in France.

Soros is slime.
jimlarsen
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It just means that MM has been discredited enough that he's no longer useful to Soros. And that flip-flop, think he's getting lessons from Kerry?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: