SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

To those in states with early voting?? Any news to share??
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ProudDaughterofVet
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 1:52 am    Post subject: To those in states with early voting?? Any news to share?? Reply with quote

To all our friends in early state voting..any news to share? How is turnout? ..in the words of this forum.."What is the Scuttlebutt?"

Just wondering, and anxiously awaiting my turn on Nov 2..at 6:01am I am voting..in fact hubby took the day off, thinks that he should be here watching my blood pressure.. Wink

PD

www.timetotakeastand.blogspot.com
deserturtle
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In NV republicans tend to vote early. We have had early voting for years.
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:12 am    Post subject: Dallas County Reply with quote

On the very first day of voting in Dallas County alone over 20,000 people voted. That was on Monday. I think it was 15,000 for Tarrant, don't remember the rest. Usually first day is the heaviest draw, so I don't know what is going on from there.
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A guy in my shop (a MSgt) told me he was going to vote for Kerry. When the rest of us tried to pin him down on why, he said it was because Bush is a "cristofacist". I said, "did you just call the President a facist?" To which he responded, "no, a cristofacist".

That was enough for me, so I invoked my ability to go vote early in case something were to happen to me between now and the 2nd...

Let me tell you, I live in Bush country, West Texas, and I live in a large county with small population. There were a suprising number of people early voting. I believe turn-out in this election will be huge. I surveyed the room, and I think I saw plenty of Kerry supporters there.

I've even seen a few Kerry yard signs, and I that is surprising. Still, people out here are very serene for the most part, so I don't think there has been any sign stealing or vandalism. The one Kerry sign I see on my way to work is in a rural area, and no one has molested it at all.

Of course, they will not start to count the early ballots for some time. I am a Texas resident, so my Bush vote just adds to the huge pile. Now my wife, she's a Florida resident, and she has done her civic duty by absentee ballot. So I can tell you that the Florida totals are at least one vote for W.

reconflyer
lrb111
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

reconflyer wrote:

Let me tell you, I live in Bush country, West Texas, and I live in a large county with small population. There were a suprising number of people early voting. I believe turn-out in this election will be huge. I surveyed the room, and I think I saw plenty of Kerry supporters there.

I've even seen a few Kerry yard signs, and I that is surprising. Still, people out here are very serene for the most part, so I don't think there has been any sign stealing or vandalism. The one Kerry sign I see on my way to work is in a rural area, and no one has molested it at all.

reconflyer

My wife and I went at different times today to do the early thing in Odessa.
Seemed like a fairly consistent stream. Not crowded, but steady. They had a lot of folks working there though like they were prepared for a crowd.

There are some unions in Odessa/Midland so there are some yellow dogs that refuse to even consider an alternative or reasoning. They have signs.

btw, a little while after i got back my wife asked if the punch cards that we have were like the one's florida had in 2000. When i told her yes, it took a few minutes for the fuse to burn all the way to the core, but then she went off on the Big rant. "How In the world could they screw up punching a hole in a card!!??" Smile
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Mckinney, Tx...big turnouts in all areas...no violence..just vote and go home....
reconflyer
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irb111

Just like my county back in Florida (Okaloosa), Tom Green county (San Angelo) uses blacken in the circle with a pencil optical scan ballots.

I wish they'd switch to a sharpie or something, because I always feel like I'm talking a test.

This election has drained me emotionally. I am thinking of going camping (how about the Davis Mtns) during the week of the 2nd. I'll just emerge from the wilderness and take what I've got coming when it's all over.

I know I'll be retiring in a year or two. If Kerry wins I will personally tear to shreds anything with his name on it concerning my military service. I want nothing fom him. Nothing, no retirement certificate (customary), nothing. If he wins I will just fade away.

reconflyer.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey recon: Kimmymac, Christofascist, here.

Ah, recon, I know how you feel wrt Kerry, but I really hope you reconsider your position on your retirement certificate,etc. Try to keep the totality of your service in mind, and don't allow the bitterness you feel about Kerry to keep you from all the pomp and ceremony you have earned.

As for early voting: I took three young people (under 20) to election hdqtrs to challenge their denial of voter regs. The rural area post office gave them out of date voter reg cards, and they received notice they would not be eligible to register until after the election, soooo...I took them to election hdqtrs and made a formal protest, at which point they were registered and early voted. All three for Bush, of course, otherwise I would have given them a ride, all right: in the opposite direction... maybe dropped them off in Marfa...
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm in dallas county and I mailed in my vote few days ago and my husband voted yesterday.. He did have a problem though Seems he tried to vote straight republican party and it came out odd, it showed Bush /cheney at the top and the rest of the votes were for democrats!!! He asked someone for help, and the lady yelled at him and said he had voted for the democarts and that was it. He yelled back that he had not, and thank goodness a nice man came over and helped him get his vote to all repuiblican party. The man said he'd never seen the machine do that before. anyway , I called city hall today and reported that lady and they told me they made a note of it, b/c anything that goes wrong at the poles is being noted. in this case it was favorable for the republicans. we have a local race that has turned really nasty, pete sessions and martin frost. seems frost once used a convicted child molester to raise finds and they nailed him on it and in desperation the frost people accused sessions of once running nude during a college prank(streaking) man, it is ugly out there. haven't seen this much hatefulness since laura miller ran for mayor or they removed the police chief.(we had race conflicts for a while, john wiley price as usaul out taking the lead)
Spiess
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I liv in Colorado in a smaller town called Grand Junction on the Western slope, I went in yesterday to vote thinking i could get in and out, well I waited in line for 30 minutes, it was really long.
Other then that I have no idea, I caught myself standing there thinking "there goes a liberal", Jesus look at that puke" LOL. It has all become so Important.
Kimmymac

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 6:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiess: lol, you realize you sound like Archie Bunker, right?

Don't worry about it; I consistently categorize people as "Kerry voters" or Bush voters." As in, "Look at that! No signal! Cut across three lanes of traffic! Sheesh! Kerry voter, for sure."

What's up with the lefty libs pushing the early voting so hard, anyway? Are they gonna claim votes cast early get more points, or what?
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:43 am    Post subject: Wednesday's Child Reply with quote

Wednesday's Child, you should call Victory 2004 AND the Pete Sessions campaign about that experience. I think a similar thing happened out here and actually put an R for Martin Frost. The campaign will send someone over to check it out, but it is better to be safe than sorry. They are asking for all voting anomolies to be reported.
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jann
where would I find the victory 2004 number? I an probably locate pete sessions. thanks
weds
JannDallas
Seaman

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:02 pm    Post subject: Numbers Reply with quote

I had the Victory 2004 on a piece of paper and it is gone, some Democrat must have broken into my house and stole it. Ha Ha.

First of all Pete's number is 972-233-5333. I can't find Victory 2004, but either Pete's staff will have it or you can call the Dallas Country Republican Party at 214-369-9555 and they will take your info or you can ask for the Victory 2004. Can't believe I can't find that piece of paper.

Anyway, one of those guys will help. They are asking if ANYTHING seems wierd at the polling places, to please call them.

This is for all states, not just for Texas. If I can find it, there is also a toll free number to report any voter disenfranchisment on our part. I will try and locate that number, but all offices are closed right now. I can get that one from the National Bush Cheney office. Offices do not open until 9:00 so don't try and call until then as no one will answer and it is better to talk to a person rather than leave a message.
Son of a VET

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well here in TN,

Quote:
State election official expects early voting figures to top 1 million

October 21, 2004

NASHVILLE (AP) -- There may be more than 1 million early voters in Tennessee this election if the trend halfway through the period continues.

State election coordinator Brook Thompson said that as of Wednesday, more than 494,000 people had voted early in Tennessee.

Early voting began October 13th and ends a week on October 28th.

If the pace continues through Election Day on November 2nd, Thompson said he expects the state to surpass its record election turnout of 2.1 million in 2000.

There are about 3.7 million registered voters in Tennessee.

Copyright 2004 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.

http://www.wate.com/Global/story.asp?S=2462671

Stolen Honor
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: