SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Views

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warriormonk
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:04 am    Post subject: My Views Reply with quote

This is probably the last comment I will make before casting my vote on November 2. I think everyone knows where I stand and if not I will proudly say that I support President Bush. My reasons are too many to share here except for one point that I feel I must. I have been listening to the many arguments over the war in Iraq. I feel very deeply about this war because it has a familure ring to it. You see, part of my family was in Germany during the Hitler regime. I have heard much about how it was for those who suffered or died for no reason to a madman in concentration camps and the "mass graves" and ovens. Not all of those people were Jews! Some were just those who would not join "his" team. One thing is for sure, Hitler had a total disregard for human life. Once again we have seen the same disregard for human life and the "mass graves" in Iraq and all at the hands of a madman called Saddam. I guess I feel a connection to those innocent people who were put to death if for no other reason than they were living and breathing human lives. I was raised with the belief in America to help all those who are oppressed. America was the one country to always extend a helping hand. As I look around me today I see this is not always so. There are those who are seemingly selfish and make reasons for not helping and justify there actions in the name of democracy. What happened to time honored and common sense idea's like " the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one"? I know there are those pacifist and "koolAid" people who will always argue about war but I hear such statements as, "this was the wrong war at the wrong time" and " its costing too much money". Too much money? When did we start placing a price on human life? "The needs of the many" ( innocent people like you and I) "outweigh the needs of the few, or the one" ( Saddam and his sick desire for power and riches). We had to help those in Iraq if for no other reason than we ( Americans ) are a caring people and reach out to others. We sent the worlds FINEST SOLDIERS to do the job and no matter what the television might say, those brave men and women are far exceeding anything that anyone can expect! Saddam was a killer, period. We tried democratic means to get him and it did not work, nor was it going to work in the near future as we can now plainly see through the "oil-for-food" mess. In closing I will just say that this election has shown me who has a heart in this country and who does not. And make no mistake about it because all parties involved have been exposed and some of us will NEVER FORGET! I support the ideals of what America is supposed to stand for and I support our troops and I proudly support President George W. Bush.
Barbie2004
Commander

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
In closing I will just say that this election has shown me who has a heart in this country and who does not.

And all they have to say is "WMD" and you know which view they take. Rolling Eyes

The left and democrats (which is really the same group) couldn't care less about "human rights." That only becomes their mantra when they want votes. They are no better than Hitler; they call GW Hitler because they know that it really applies to themselves.

Quote:
You see, part of my family was in Germany during the Hitler regime. I have heard much about how it was for those who suffered or died for no reason to a madman in concentration camps and the "mass graves" and ovens. Not all of those people were Jews! Some were just those who would not join "his" team.

You should write a book or chronicle this in some way. It would be a most valuable literary document.

Also, keep in mind that we have to get the VOTE out. The left is going to try to shove this election down our throats with all their lawyers and voter fraud. Who says that communism was defeated!

Keep a sharp eye. If they get in, they will set up the system in such a way that we may never get them out. Twisted Evil

Quote:
We sent the worlds FINEST SOLDIERS to do the job and no matter what the television might say, those brave men and women are far exceeding anything that anyone can expect!

Amen!
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice post. I'm glad Saddam is not in power. He used WMD's on the Kurds, that's enough for me. The war is Saddams fault, we gave him plenty of time to come forward. I would have done the same thing as W, probably a lot sooner and meaner. We are having problems, but a lot of those problems are a result of the lefties and our election. Afghanistan has proved better and people need to be reminded of that. I'm glad W goes after people who try to harm us, it's about time. I wish someone had gone after Hitler. The mass graves in Iraq reminded me of the pictures of the ones in Germany. Once again, nice post. I agree that you should write a story about your family.
Debs
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warriormonk,

Beautifully said, and I agree with you wholeheartedly, and you should consider writing a book about your family who was in Germany.

Personally, I don't know how anyone could call the war in Iraq the wrong war - how anyone could watch this documentary http://www.wmd-themovie.com/ and think we have done the wrong thing by removing this tyrant. To think this, one would have to have no heart and put blind political ambition and greed for power over decency and humanity. Unfortunately, I believe many on the left, Kerry and his Koolaid drinkers, have done just that - they've lost their hearts, their minds, their reason, their humanity, their souls to their greed for power and their irrational hatred for Bush has reached the point of pathological. Their Party Uber Alles (sp?) mentality spells doom for this country.

I cannot believe many in this wonderful country of ours are falling once again for the likes of a slick, slimey snake-oil salesman and his ilk. Have we forgotten 911? Sadly, I'm afraid many have, and even if Bush pulls out a win, we have a long struggle in this country fighting for America to survive. Kerry and his ilk want to weaken this country, want to Europeanize this country and take us down to their level in terms of power and influence in the world. Very scary and the Ameria we know and love, the America my family and so many others have fought and died to defend and preserve, is in peril of extinction if Kerry's views prevail. Pray for our President, pray for our country. We are fighting not only terrorism from without, but communism from within, and I truly believe that with all my heart as the Communist Party USA supports Kerry - he's close enough to perfect for them, and that should trouble all of us - unfortunately, it apparently doesn't.

Debbie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: