SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I am furious at Sinclair
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor"
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SangRun Hunter
PO1

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My reaction was WFT!?!

I did watch FahrenHype 911 tonight though and that made me feel better some what.

I just don't know what to think about these libs anymore........
Denis
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks, I'm not sure it failed! Matter of fact, it may have been brilliant.

Of course I, as would most of you, would have wanted more rebuttal to such as 'Going Upriver' and Rassman version number whatever! My head was screaming 'But only one boat fled the scene!!!!'

Having said that, we are, the most of us, well versed in the depth of the stories. We know where the skeletons are, and where Kerry is hiding them.

That show, any such show, in one hour, even if it concentrated only on that, would not have accomplished the mission we sought. Further, such would have been dismissed out of hand, by exactly who that show has to reach- the undecided voters.

Ever hear of a 'feint', in military tactics?

That's what that show just pulled off. If the intent is to prevent Kerry from being elected, as opposed to any other satisfaction we may desire by other results, that show may have finalized that!

Look at the entire show, much of which was decidely normal and routine media pablum:

That pablum made the whole show appear as - a typical news show! Why gosh, they even spoke of accusations against Bush, and spoke to people making those charges!

Who, of all the folks in the whole hour, left the greatest impression, for character, intensity, thought, and simply - honor?

It was the POWs. That is what will linger in people's minds when all esle drops away.

What did the show do to Kerry elsewhere?

The sentient universe knows that the Kerryites tried to prevent this show from being aired! They've been screaming about boycotts, pressuring the FEC to bring charges, holding rallies, sending e-mails, urinating on themselves in public while frothing at the mouth - and what does that mean?

For the undecideds, who are not immersed on the Bay Hap river incident, or the Purple Heart incident on the Boston Whaler, it comes down to - why was Kerry and his folks so hysterical? The show shoewd both sides! Kerry was invited, and didn't come! Hissurrogates wailed and cried and boohooed...for what?

The Kerryites, including Big John, come across as something less than courageous people. They come across as very frightened folks, easily intimidated, who want to be rescued by others from bad things! In short, the subliminal message was - can you trust this man in a time of testing?

He panics!

Score one for the Swifties and POWs, even if by roundabout means!

Now the Kerryite Democrats have no argument about bias and unfairness to stand on...and they look like wimps. Anybody remember Bush going teary eyed over Farenheit 911?

It is now down to the undecideds. Everybody else has been locked and loaded. Nothing is going to shake out the vast bulk of Kerry supporters, and nothing is going to shake free the vast bulk of folks who will support Bush.

But for the several percentage points of folks who are the critical undecideds, for those who watched this show, even if just out of curiosity...they did not see something that can be merely dismissed as a partisan mud slinging.

Yeah, they even saw where Bush's record is challenged! They even saw where men who served with kerry say he was a great man!

But they also saw those POWs, those men who were tortured, and betrayed, at exactly the time that we have a new generation in harm's way.

The thing that will stick, over and over, is Kerry giving to the enemy what others took torture to avoid giving.

The Kerry supporters could come away from that show believing, truthfully, that they got some things out of it! The whole Winter Soldier thing went unchallenged! Yippee for them, and I felt the bile rising!

For those who believe Kerry is unfit for command, we got our shots in also, and the entire Kerry side loked like frightened rabbits! That was even made impossible to avoid when the show had a Kerry spokesman moaning that the show shouldn't even be on, which much have left a whole lot of folks scratching their heads!

And it was the kerry side that came across as being against free speech, period, when it might hurt Kerry.

If I were an undecided voter, still not sure of who to vote for, I'd be left with this:

Yeah, there are still these questions about Bush that even the show says we may never get the answers to! But Bush has been President for nearly four years - we know what he will do, because he has been doing it!

But Kerry, him we really don't know, except that this show scared the pants off him for some inexplicable reason, and those POWs were made to listen to that same John Kerry between bouts of torture!

What was he doing meeting with the enemy during a time of war? Yeah, we many of us really did think of the Vietnam Vet as a mixture of psycvho and drug sotted derelict, and why was that?

The show gave the undecided voter enough quesiness about Kerry that there is reason to vote against him, and that is exactly what is needed at this stage of the election. And that came about much more fairly, as even the show demonstrated, than CBS and Dan Rather did!

I think the POWs delivered the coup de grace, and the rest was puff, and the show, by precisely being mostly the normal media pap, robbed the Kerry folks of their ranting about partisanship.

We are not, at this site, the undecideds. It is how the show will have effected them that will doom Kerry, and on that score, I think the show might have been brilliant!

Everything the entire show presented has been seen and told over and over, whether about Bush, or CBS, or bloggers, or 527s, or everything else they showed and talked about except for - Kerry's testimony before the Senate and those POWs. They got more time on that show than any commercial could have delivered, and a commercial would have been seen by the undecideds as partisan.

I think this might have worked big time, even if it wasn't what I personally wanted - Kerry flayed alive by men who deserve the opportunity to do so!

It is about victory, and a successful feint is still a success, if the battle is won.

I think of every ten undecided who saw that show, if they were to break one way or the other, it would be four to one against Kerry. The show gave no reason to support Kerry that Kerry and the media haven't already given ad nauseum - but those POWs, and meeting with the enemy...that will stick!

Denis
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting take on it, Denis. I can't see it myself. What I saw were a few clips of the POWs and then everything else that followed was designed to make their story seem insignificant. The least Sinclair could've done would be to advertise the website for 'Stolen Honor' at the end. I thought the whole point of their program was going to be how they were pressured not to show that documentary film in its entirety. I thought wrong.
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies for not locking this sooner. We have 2 ongoing topics on the Sinclair broadcast.

Please consider Copy/Pasting your comments into the main thread

http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=14133

Thanks
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: