SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

POW'S FOR TRUTH BIO'S

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 10:41 pm    Post subject: POW'S FOR TRUTH BIO'S Reply with quote

Ever read the bio's of what most of the pow's went through? It is by far some of the best reading on the web.
Below my signature is a link to the website of Colonel Ted Guy who was the Senior Ranking Officer in the Hanoi Hilton. Ted passed away about five years ago from agent orange complications and is buried at Arlington Cemetery. He is never forgotten. I attended his funeral along with some of the Pow's for truth we are all supporting here. The site is kept up by Joe Oliver of Houston, Texas. Joe has been a great advocate to agent orange victims for alot of years and it would be fitting to sign his guestbook after visiting it.
Swede Larson, one of the POW'S For Truth, is one of my favorites and the man is a class act. Very well written.
ILUVTHEUSA
Ensign

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have read them quite a few times--every single one that is posted on that site. I actually printed them all out last night for my parents to read, which as I type this, they are doing at their house. I also watched Senator Smith's memorial speech. Something brings me back to the site that I can't explain. I cry EVERY TIME I bring up the site--plus the song playing in the background by Michael Smith just does me in. Since reading these, if I could meet anyone, I would want to meet Colonel Larson (I loved his anecdotes of growing up) and would have loved to have met Col. Ted Guy. All of these men were incredibly brave and it kills me to know that while they were suffering we had men like John Kerry running around spewing their venom. I was too young at the time to understand what was going on, but I have really gotten an education since coming to this website and going to all the links provided. If you see any of these men, please tell them thank you(!) from me. It seems so trite, but I can't possibly express how their stories make me feel--the sorrow of what happened and the anger that there are still men unaccounted for and Col. Ted Guy's mission to find these men is still unfinished. I think it would be great if they made a movie of both Col. Larson and Col. Guy's life stories.
By the way, I thank you for your service.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: