SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinclair Broadcast - Please Comment HERE
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tiredoflaundry
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess that was our October Surprise! Sinclair caved under pressure from Camp Kerry!
Misty
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wednesdaychild wrote:
according to the blogger site quoted on this thread, the dems don't trust sinclair even after they have "won". They expect they may try something else. I hope sinclair does b/c they are in the toliet anyhow and might as well try and redeem themselves. The dems will see to it they are somewhere behind educational channels if they don't do something. The dems plan on boycotting anyone who aired commercials on that program even if it was "fair". They are going to sink these people. I think if i was sinclair i'd make an heroic attempt to show how they blackmialed me. can't hurt. they are in the toliet now.but now the film name"stolen honor" is being banded about and some will want to see it.
sinclair has no guts. they caved to the enemy and they will hurt them anyhow.

Sinclair is going to have to do something awfully big in order to redeem themselves from this fiasco. If they sold out, that's one thing, but to make a pro-kerry hit piece out of what they had originally planned is beyond anything I would have imagined. To get out of this one they will be moving a mountain.
Brother was on the USS Regulus - Vietnam
Husband was AirForce 3rd (34th) Tactical Fighter Wing - Security Police Bien Hoa Vietnam
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
msindependent wrote:
So, Moore get's prime time and Stolen Honor get's the afternoon. They better not do this nationwide or I'm going to sue all by myself. Moore found a way to get his piece of s**t on after all. We have all been had.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Denis wrote:
If that happens, we win. Moore's piece will only appeal to the clueless who are already in Kerry's camp. The 'true believer's have already seen it, in the millions, as some kind of leftist sacrament, and will watch it again. Who cares! Most folks who see it and aren't on the fringe left, won't buy it, and will be repelled by the gross absurdities. It's a film for the already believing.

On the other hand, no one has yet seen Stolen Honor! That will come as a surprise to everyone, and will not be the kind of childish pap Moore offers up.

Keep in mind, the battle here on out to destroy Kerry has to be waged in 'undecidedville', and in that area, Farhenheit 911 and Stolen Honor is no contest! Moore already has the paranoid non-thinking crowd locked up. Stolen Honor will touch very normal people.

It is the undecided, the undecided, the undecided,, and they need to simply be given a reason why the idea of Presdient Kerry is unsettling, and Stolen Honor will do that.

Denis

Denis, if both shows were aired during prime time I would be more inclined to side with you. Most people do not watch tv on sunday afternoon. Stolen Honor deserves to be in prime time. I hope that some sort of deal was not made with CBS in a desperate attempt just to get Stolen Honor on at any time, any price. The election is too close to take chances like that.
flagreen
Seaman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Win or lose November 2 there is absolutely no reason the entire program could not then be shown the next day on national TV. No more equal time or fairness issues to worry about. If kerry wins the election it'll be a nice way to start his administration off - for us that is. And if he loses it will send him crawling back to Mass with his tail between his legs. Twisted Evil
Nutso
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked my local schedule for CBS sunday afternoon and evening. Afternoon is the football game, which will not be prempted, then the post game shows, the news and regular linup for the evening. Must be a local thing, but I doubt that CBS will be letting their affiliates cances their sunday night lineup.
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't get the sinclair station so I couldn't watch. But, I knew my pals here would clue me in...I just now read thru most of this thread and feel a bit of weight gone from our sails... But let's not get too upset just yet. Like we all know, bad publicity in hollywood is better than no publicity, right? There was nothing about that Sinclair show that would make someone turn against Bush by seeing it, was there? Probably not. We are missing an obvious cure to the Kerry ailment, and one of these bright folks here may fnd the anwser as we keep doing what we have been doing. I am praying for a brave ally that has their heart in the right place. Right now I am beginning the process of taking away from Sinclair what we gave them. All endorsements, support and any stocks need to be cancelled. They saw the power of our communication already - we have to make sure they see it's wrath.
I just watched Stolen Honor (gosh it's a tough thing to do with dial up, but just keep hitting the play button) and it is very very powerful and they should be proud of it. Sounds like Sinclair needs to take some lessons from Mr. Sherwood in docu drama quality Rolling Eyes
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how much money Momma T promised to pay or threatened to pull if the full film was shown? Sinclair owes us a full showing of the film for that travesty they put out last night.

I am playing it from this angle: Kerry and his lawyers repressed the free speech of POWs and Veterans, but said nothing when Moore put out his lying screed. Kerry even repeated some of Moore's lies. Honored him at the DNC convention.

We must now get the full story out, hell or high water. Take no prisoners. Everything is on the line, including the country.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bits from FreeRepublid on this matter:
Quote:

SINCLAIR Lauds The New York Times "comments" and Thanks Sen Kerrys "campaign" for their help
http://sbgweb2.sbgnet.com/index.shtml ^ | Oct 23,3004 | Sinclair Broadcasting

Posted on 10/23/2004 9:41:00 AM EDT by ArmyBratCutie

comments@sbgi.net

We welcome your comments regarding the special news event “A POW Story: Politics, Pressure and the Media,” Sinclair’s third news special of 2004. The program aired on 40 television stations around the country on Friday, October 22, 2004. The program dealt with a variety of topics including the allegations made by 13 American POWs – including two Medal of Honor winners – about their captivity in North Vietnam. All viewpoints were included in this documentary.

We would like to thank the Kerry Campaign for its participation during the private discussions that took place over a period of weeks. Through the recommendations of senior Kerry Campaign officials, several people closely allied with Senator John Kerry, including his close friend of 40-years and his co-editor of “The New Soldier,” George Butler, participated in the news special.

To voice your support to the FCC for Sinclair's broadcast of "A P.O.W.Story". Click Here

Company News

SBG Gratified by NY Times Article

Quote:

ANALYSIS
Sinclair show: Heat, little light

BY DAVID ZURAWIK
BALTIMORE SUN; The Baltimore Sun is a Tribune Co. newspaper.

October 23, 2004

The one thing that can be said with certainty about "A POW Story: Politics, Pressure and the Media," a special report Friday night from the Sinclair Broadcast Group, is that there was nothing in the program worth all the media pyrotechnics that preceded it the past two weeks.

This was not a program worth risking stockholder earnings or firing a respected journalist over, as Sinclair did this week. At times, the show seemed more a self-absorbed attempt by Sinclair to dig its way out of controversy than an examination of the Vietnam War record and antiwar protests of Democrat John Kerry, as promised.

In an opening statement, anchorman Jeff Barnd tried to cast Sinclair as a victim of those who would deny the broadcast group basic First Amendment rights of freedom of expression. But that was the big lie at the heart of the broadcast - that anyone was trying to keep Sinclair from doing a one-hour report about Kerry's war record. The controversy and outrage during the week was about Sinclair's original plan to force its 62 stations to carry an anti-Kerry exercise in propaganda, "Stolen Honor: Wounds That Never Heal," on the eve of the election.

That film, by Carlton Sherwood, a journalist with ties to the Bush administration, includes allegations by former POWs that Kerry's antiwar testimony before Congress in 1971 caused further torture to American soldiers held captive there.

After showing about four minutes of "Stolen Honor," including the harshest condemnations of Kerry from former POWs along with images of their Hanoi prison, four POWs were brought on-camera for discussion. The two sitting in the studio with Barnd were anti-Kerry, while the two who supported Kerry were in Washington.

The report was also edited so that the anti-Kerry voices almost always had the last word.

But Sinclair did labor to create the appearance of balance by including Kerry supporters, like George Butler, who produced "Going Upriver." And while the report appeared to include as much of "Going Upriver" as "Stolen Honor," the images and words were in no way equally as hot and emotionally loaded.

Copyright © 2004, Newsday, Inc. | Article licensing and reprint options

wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure my comment about Sinclair was understood. Personally the only way they can make this up is a full showing of the film and an apology for caving. They have hurt brave men who have a right to speak and i hope the dems eat them alive.

But what I was trying to say, EVEN WITHOUT OUR HELP, SINCLAIR IS IN THE TOLIET NOW.They are on the Dems hit list and are being watched like a hawk, per a bloggers site. The Dems are happy they stopped the film but they are not through with sinclair. They will ruin them. I sent sinclair a e-mail and asked them how it felt to be in this position. They caved to the enemy and now they enemy will destroy them anyhow. they have not saved their worthless spineless necks. The dems lawyers will eat them alive and they will be lucky to be doing educational access programming if kerry wins. If GWB wins, well I don't think any of us will forget what they did.
I think they have self destructed.
Polaris Squid
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

neverforget wrote:
Quote:
My local CBS channel just announced on the news that CBS will be showing Stolen Honor Sunday afternoon and Moore's propaganda piece in the evening.

Does this mean all the US can see it, or just your local affiliate? If you heard that all CBS affiliates nationwide will air this, for freedom's sake, tell everyone the time. We all need a "heads up" so we can insist our contacts tune in and watch. I'm sure of 6 family members I can email right now who otherwise would never know it was coming but want to see it. How about the rest of you?

I just watched the free internet download of "Stolen Honor" and I am stilll wiping tears from my eyes. http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/stolenhonor.wmv My left eye bleeds pain and my right eye bleeds hate for Kerry.
People ... wake up and organize! Everyone needs to see this! There's only about 60 people viewing this entire forum at any given time, but 300 million people need to see this! How in the world will that happen if we don't even know what time the show will air?
Paul R.
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, friends,

I'd like a specific piece of info. to put in some e-mails. (I find unrefutable specifics to be effective with undecideds and maddening to Kerry supporters.)

There was a comment by a guy named Fred Short -- seemed to be a part of "Going Upriver"? Anyway, he was talking about the "brass" saying casualties were 75%, "but as the guys were talking about things, they realized it was more like 90%." (Paraphrasal)

90 %??? How can that be possible? What is defined as a "casualty"? Can anyone disprove the 90% with specific documentation?

To me, I think a lot of undecideds will look at the Sinclair piece as "he said - she said". But the Kerry side looks pretty "target rich" to me! And the free speech aspect should bother some people, too.
BuffaloJack
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We were gypped !!!!!
To go from "Stolen Honor" to this was a waste of time.
msindependent
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
We would like to thank the Kerry Campaign for its participation during the private discussions that took place over a period of weeks. Through the recommendations of senior Kerry Campaign officials, several people closely allied with Senator John Kerry, including his close friend of 40-years and his co-editor of “The New Soldier,” George Butler, participated in the news special.

"private discussions that took place over a period of weeks".

Like I said before, we were scammed. This is all the proof that I need.
aticama
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hammer2 wrote:
Martin Niemöller

"First they came for the Jews. I was silent. I was not a Jew. Then they came for the Communists. I was silent. I was not a Communist. Then they came for the trade unionists. I was silent. I was not a trade unionist. Then they came for me. There was no one left to speak for me."

On resistance to Nazis, recalled on his death 6 Mar 84

We must redouble our efforts to stop these people cold! Send the download link to everyone you know. Time is short!

Right on, I guess I was looking at a different documentary last night then the people on this string. I saw 37 minutes on kerry's disgusting performance in the Nam and 71. Less then 5 minutes on Bushes record and most of it was good. The reason we lost the Stolen Honor fight is because of our apathy. They outfought us, like they did in 71!

Who was it said: “Know your enemy” I have spent time looking at pro kerry boards, and they made an all out push to keep it off the networks while we whined.

Get busy. Do something Go contribute to the cause to get the commercials into Pennsylvania, MSNBC has a pool that shows Bush is behind 34 to 57. Go vote or we will give them another piece of propaganda to flog Bush with in the lebral media.

IF BUSH LOSES OUR BOYS ALL OVER THE WORLD WILL LOSE!!!!!! NEVER AGAIN WILL A AMERICAN FIGHTING MAN BE CALLED A BABY KILLER OR PIG!!!! WE HAVE TO WORK FOR THEM HERE IN THE STATES AS HARD AS THEY ARE WORKING FOR US OVER THERE.

REMENBER 911 AND THE 3000+ WHO PAID TO SHOW US THE WAY!!!!

FIGHT DON’T WHINE!!!!

God bless America and her fighting men now, and from the past.

The 4 G’s:
Get busy!
Get active!
Get into the fight!
GET MEAN!!!! Evil or Very Mad

VOTE HERE: Please
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6309730/site/newsweek/

GIVE FOR OUR BOYS HERE: Please
https://www.swiftvets.com/swift/ccdonation.php?op=donate&site=SwiftVets

Thank you.
tractorsq
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:27 pm    Post subject: Download Stolen Honor for free!!! Reply with quote

http://www.buttondepress.com/BostonManifesto/StolenHonor.wmv
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> "Stolen Honor" All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 7 of 8

Jump to: