SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Conservative vs Liberal, defined and explained
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oldkayaker
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 6:55 pm    Post subject: lib vs con Reply with quote

to hist/student:

Quote:
so my question for you Old Kayaker is this.

Just what the hell is Kerrys foundation of pollitical thought? con/ lib/left/right/progressive..... what?

Where did you get the impression I was an explainer of Kerry's current pollitical thought? I got involved with this site as an eyewitness to misuse of the Free Fire Zone policy. I related what Kerry's 1971 Senate testimony meant to me.

And now, on this message board I am trying to understand what people today define as a lib and con. In that regard, your comments about the history of these terms is interesting but not really complete enough for me to understand today's usage of the terminology of liberal and conservative. For example, using the spending of tax money as a basis of comparison, I find very little difference between today's lib or con.
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: momentum of spending; restraint of taxation Reply with quote

OLDKAYAKER SAYS: "using the (government) spending of tax money as a basis of comparison, I find very little difference between today's lib or con."

Think private spendiing and impact by taxes, not government spending!

A simple exercise in economic apologetics for those who cannot see how tax RATES impact purchasing power and restrains economic momentum. Tax Rates and Tax Receipts are not the same. Rates tax the flow. Rates milk each transaction handoff. The greater and longer the current, the more the handoffs, the greater the tax receipts.

We all know what money is. Few know how just a $100 bill can gain economic values of $200 to $300 a year, or $1200, depending upon tax rates. Spending your income becomes income to another, and to another, and to another, and on, until taxes depletes it as it travels the food chain.

There are three IDEAS at play here. The idea of TAX RATES, the IDEA of TAX RECEIPTS, and the IDEA of SPENDING MOMENTUM. In economic languge, there is also the IDEA of PURCHASER SOVEREIGNTY, the most fundamental RIGHTS in a free society. Know that big governments tax away those basic RIGHTS, those FREEDOMS, by confiscating purchaing power.

Purchaser Sovereignty also includes choice of goods and services. In the great days of the USSR, there was one soft drink, no choice of auto's, overshoes, gum, etc, and no income to buy them if there was a choice. When the Berlin Wall came down, and Coca Cola competed in Russia, those that chose COKE were viewed by the partisans as traitors. Nobody would buy the one NATIONAL SODA POP. Loyalty went, started with a can of soda and when the State Pop Factory out of businss.

Two tables below show just how a $100 injection gains in value (a momentum factor). It is kind of an accelerator principle that induces continuing income and spending. Each table exhibits how tax RATES bleeds and restrains economic momentum (35% versus 25% tax rates). It is not so much about the overall government RECEIPTS, but how soon they get it. 100% tax will kill momentum outright. No tax, the $100 has boundless impetus, from hand to hand to hand.

Assuming that the tax receipts from just this one $100 infusion is immediately put back into the pipeline (and extending the spreadsheet) discloses that a 10% cut in tax rates, increases the economy 11%, and reduces tax receipts 5.5%. $100 creating a 12-month economic value of $315 triggers more tax receipts than a 12-month value of $280.

HAND 35%
OFF'S INCOME SPEND TAX
1 $100.00 $65.00 $35.00
2 $65.00 $42.25 $22.75
3 $42.25 $27.46 $14.79
4 $27.46 $17.85 $9.61
5 $17.85 $11.60 $6.25
6 $11.60 $7.54 $4.06
7 $7.54 $4.90 $2.64
8 $4.90 $3.19 $1.72
9 $3.19 $2.07 $1.12
10 $2.07 $1.35 $0.72
11 $1.35 $0.88 $0.47
12 $0.88 $0.57 $0.31
$184.66 $99.43
Thru Economy To Govn't

25%
HANDOFF NCOME SPEND TAX
1 $100.00 $75.00 $25.00
2 $75.00 $56.25 $18.75
3 $56.25 $42.19 $14.06
4 $42.19 $31.64 $10.55
5 $31.64 $23.73 $7.91
6 $23.73 $17.80 $5.93
7 $17.80 $13.35 $4.45
8 $13.35 $10.01 $3.34
9 $10.01 $7.51 $2.50
10 $7.51 $5.63 $1.88
11 $5.63 $4.22 $1.41
12 $4.22 $3.17 $1.06
13 $3.17 $2.38 $0.79
14 $2.38 $1.78 $0.59
15 $1.78 $1.34 $0.45
16 $1.34 $1.00 $0.33
17 $1.00 $0.75 $0.25
18 $0.75 $0.56 $0.19
$298.31 $99.44
Thru Economy To Govn't
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
When I explained to my father the issue of Kerry actually going out and buying a 8mm movie camera to film 'reinactments' of the action which got him is silver star.... My dad said that was not possable..... too insane.

I don't believe it, at least that he filmed reenactments.
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Quote:
When I explained to my father the issue of Kerry actually going out and buying a 8mm movie camera to film 'reinactments' of the action which got him is silver star.... My dad said that was not possable..... too insane.

I don't believe it, at least that he filmed reenactments.

You need to watch his own TV ads then. Pieces of original film from NAM are included in severals ads.
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:22 pm    Post subject: debt, debt, and more debt worries Reply with quote

OLDKAYAKER SAYS: "GNP should only include products made by and in USA since products made in other countries use workers who don't pay for the US debt with their taxes"

What is it with these hangups on Government Debt, when 90% of all of us likely spent 2/3rds of our life in debt for houses, cars, and kids education, and the US Government has carried a debt since 1776..

Now back to the freedom issue, again. I have the Constitutional RIGHT to invest MY MONEY in a business in Singapore, and sell the products to Europe and Asia, and bring the profits back to the United States when I so chose. Vice versa for those in other countries. I am amazed that liberals (and union members) who oppose this IDEA, are the first to run down and buy cheap Chinese and Korean electronic imports, and Japanese made cars.

It is called competition. If we cannot complete in the world marketplace because of high taxation, then we deserve to become a third world country along with France and Germany.

Further, most of these exported robotic labor jobs cannot be filled here, by choice or by quantity demanded. Americans stopped doing human robot jobs back in the 70's, in the post WWII era of COLLEGE EDUCATION and the following search for well paid "POSITIONS". WORK has been a dirty word, since. Check the latest high school and college graduation figures as to what % seek jobs in government, what % in free enterprise, and what % in construction.

In late 1980's I worked for a company that exported a factory of a hundred from Daschle's Dakota home town to Thailand. There was no way that this plant could hire 10,000 females from the entire State of South Dakota, to set on a bench stool, 8 hours a day, to bend 5,000 little wires a day, day after day. It went beyond pay and taxes. This company today is the world leader in it's product, because of technology and lowest competitive costs. They have been that leader for 20 years. They have paid a lot of taxes.

Last edited by ROWELG on Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"You need to watch his own TV ads then. Pieces of original film from NAM are included in severals ads."

Not reenactments of incidents that led to his receiving medals. Original footage from Nam? Big whoop. So Kerry was a photo buff. There were lots of pictures taken during that war.
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Not reenactments of incidents that led to his receiving medals. Original footage from Nam? Big whoop. So Kerry was a photo buff. There were lots of pictures taken during that war (unless you were in the Guard in Alabama).

Now how to do KNOW that? Please provide documentary evidence!
sparky
Former Member

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't make the first assertion. Please provide evidence that he shot reenactments of "the action which got him is silver star."
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
I didn't make the first assertion. Please provide evidence that he shot reenactments of "the action which got him is silver star."

Neither did I make the first assertion. However it is a reasonable assertion. The film clips, which I'm sure you've seen, show Kerry traipsing around on shore in a flak jacket and helmet, toting an M-16. This was not part of his duties in Vietnam and I know this because I spent a full year as a Patrol Officer in charge of 2 50 ft Assault Support Patrol Boats. The only documented event where Kerry did this during his abbreviated sojourn in Nam was on 28 Feb '69 when the Star was awarded.

We haven't seen the entire film because it's personal property of Kerry and he won't make it available for public review.

Therefore, absent proof otherwise (which only Kerry has}, the assertion that it's a re-enactment considers merit in the opinion of many. At a minimum, there's a good circumstantial case that it was a re-enactment of 28-Feb-69.

It's sure as hell a valid topic for discussion on a non-partisan anti-Kerry forum like this one. That's not say there aren't a lot of partisans here Exclamation
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:47 am; edited 1 time in total
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:46 am; edited 1 time in total
oldkayaker
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:01 pm    Post subject: lib vs con Reply with quote

Is this the lib vs con message board...or some other message board? Rowelg, I and a couple others seem to be the only ones focusing on the comparisons of lib vs con while lots of others are talking about something else...aren't there other message boards for some of this other stuff?
ROWELG
Ensign

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 2:31 pm    Post subject: contrast Michael Regan to Ron Reagan Reply with quote

If you want to contrast the Conservative to the Liberal heart and disposition with your own eyes, just contrast the faces of Michael and Ron Reagan, and their recent public appearances before their dad's body is cold in the grave.

In his public appearance, Michael Reagan did not bash Kerry. He displayed no political activism. His face exhibited emotions and respectfulness as he related memories of dad. His words were not planned, calculated and measured to MAKE A POINT. There was no ill will toward anything, or anybody. There was a disposition of mixed peace, gratitude, and sorrow.

Contrast that to the stoic, angry, stone cold, and glum face of Ron. Contrast that to discontent and ill will. Contrast that to his being an opportunisit, to publically scorn of Bush. Contrast that to Ron taking advantage of his fathers death for political activism, using this momentary limelight for political activism, to make verbal and written political negatives against Conservatives. Ron always publically scorned the values of his father, even during his fathers Presidency. Ron's conduct always reflected disrespect for his father with his TV comedy mockery.

It was obvious during the complete funeral coverage that the children of the second 1950's family never accepted those of the first 1940's family. At no time during the funeral week did I see Ron and Patti show Michael any respect or acceptance. Mike was the adopted, the outsider, and most of all, a conservative like his Dad. They viewed Ronald not as Mikes father, just his dad. Michael never used the word father, always that of dad.

Michael was first in line as children, but last in line behind all the ceremony, always bringing up the rear. Ron and Patti showed no class, no maturity. Both showed few human virtures or qualities, both unmoved by joy or grief. There was a sub reality TV element to the funeral week. There was a contrast to observe.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: