SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

READ How Kerry treated a dead soldier's mother in Canton, OH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
charmingtail
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: READ How Kerry treated a dead soldier's mother in Canton, OH Reply with quote

Please someone...get this out to people

Where is the press? This is how Kerry treats a dead soldier's mother? Read from the Canton Repository in Canton, Ohio

http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?Category=7&ID=188635&r=1

Kerry campaign retracted invitation after soldier’s mother asked a question
Friday, October 22, 2004 Several weeks ago, John Kerry came to Canton. He needed help to support his election to become president. A member of his staff contacted a local grieving mother of a Stark County hero who gave his life for what he believed in.

The staff member asked her to come and speak at the rally. This young hero believed in God, truth, freedom and liberty. What more great qualities could an excellent soldier and son have?

After being contacted by phone, this fine, moral mother, having the same standards as her son, found out she was being selected to support John Kerry, as she is a registered Democrat.

She responded that she and her husband would appear at the rally but she would like to ask John Kerry a question. It could be in private or public. If done in private, she would not reveal his answer to the news media. She said she would even sign a statement not to reveal the answer.

The question was: Mr. Kerry, why did you vote against the $87 billion for the equipment for our troops?

The Kerry campaign, after hearing this, told this mother she wasn’t needed.

A few weeks later, President Bush came to Canton asking to meet with the families of the three Stark County fallen heroes. President Bush ex- pressed his sorrow, love and gratitude to these families.

The family I am writing about is the Jesse Buryj family. They are close friends of my wife and me — so close that Peggy and Steve Buryj and we are one military family.

Both families are voting for President Bush for the second time.

Please pray to God and support our troops.

Bob Ackerman

Sandy Township

Editor’s note: Peggy Buryj corroborated the letter writer’s account.
leeinwv
PO3

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post

My sincere thanks for their sons service and sacrifice for our country.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not now how many innocent lives were saved by the sacrifice of your sons. Perhaps on that glorious day when we are all united for eternity the full accounting of their accomplishments will be revealed to us.

God Bless you and comfort you in the days to come.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
dmackto
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i put it on my website. every little bit..

This is no time for ease and comfort. It is the time to dare and endure.
- Winston Churchill
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
charmingtail
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dmackto wrote:
i put it on my website. every little bit..

Thank you we need to let everyone know that this would be how that scoundrel Kerry will treat our fallen heroes families. I am not a bible thumper...but I have asked God not to ever let this guy be Commander in cheif of our men.
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it doesn't benefit God almight Kerry, screw them..
Mary Ann Parker
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:24 am    Post subject: Thanks For Sharing -God Bless & Comfort All Of You Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your priceless sacrifice.
I sent it to Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as a news tip.
We shall see.
Make it a special day.
Mary Ann Parker
charmingtail
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:54 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks For Sharing -God Bless & Comfort All Of You Reply with quote

Mary Ann Parker wrote:
Thanks for sharing.
Thanks for your priceless sacrifice.
I sent it to Sean Hannity and Bill O'Reilly as a news tip.
We shall see.
Make it a special day.
Mary Ann Parker

I am sorry if your think it is my son. It is not, although I would have been proud to own him. I am sending this out it is from our newspaper The Canton Repository here in Canton, Ohio. We have lost 3 friends in Iraq from our area. In Canton at all the loses...the lines on the street was for miles as the hearsts would go down the main drag here. Every store, fast food place, gas station and offices had a sign out thanking the fallen heroes and their families...all 3 schools these guys attended had flowers, cards and candles on the front steps. Everywhere in the news someone was planting a tree or naming something after the solider...then we get word of this yesterday? The solider's mother did not make her stand with Bush known and no one asked her except Kerry campaign. According to some people here...Bush had met with them in private and did not wish her to be paraded around. A family friend wrote this letter to the editor and at the end, the editor confirmed this account to be true by the mother.
We need to get this out to all people to show that everytime Kerry says "we have lost so many in Iraq....." he could care less about the feelings of those left behind...THIS IS THE TRUE KERRY, THE ONE THE SWIFT VETS KNOW AND HE HAS NOT CHANGED! Sorry, I just see such a phoney say anything to get elected creep.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I realize that they are not your sons my reply was for the benefit of grieving parents who might some day read these posts. I am sure some author some day will go through this board and compile a book of some type.

CWV

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
charmingtail
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
I realize that they are not your sons my reply was for the benefit of grieving parents who might some day read these posts. I am sure some author some day will go through this board and compile a book of some type.

CWV

Oh, that is such a great thought....you're very sweet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: