SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Says He Met With UN Security Council
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Kerry Says He Met With UN Security Council Reply with quote

Quote:
Kerry Says He Met With UN Security Council

In the same speech to a Unity Conference of minority journalists where John Kerry criticized President Bush for his immediate reaction to the 9-11 attacks, he again raised the assertion that he had met with foreign leaders prior to the vote on the war in Iraq on March 11. His latest comments shed some light on exactly who those foreign leaders were.

ATLANTA, GA (PRWEB) August 11, 2004 -- (GoodNewsAmerica.us)- In the same speech to a Unity Conference of minority journalists where John Kerry criticized President Bush for his immediate reaction to the 9-11 attacks, he again raised the assertion that he had met with foreign leaders prior to the vote on the war in Iraq on March 11. His latest comments shed some light on exactly who those foreign leaders were.

" I believe in my heart of hearts and in my gut that this president fails that test in Iraq. And I know this because I, personally, and others were deeply involved in the effort with other countries to bring them to the table. I met with the Security Council of the United Nations in the week preceding the vote in the Senate."

It still remains to be known with whom he met on the Security Council, unless it was the entire Security Council. If so, there is no official record of Kerry formally meeting with the full Security Council.

Further, if he did, nothing has been found documenting permission given by the State Department to do so.

The History
At a Hollywood, FL fundraising event on March 8, Senator John Kerry announced he had received word from unnamed foreign leaders who wanted to see him defeat President Bush in the November elections.

"I've met foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly, but boy they look at you and say, 'You've got to win this, you've got to beat this guy, we need a new policy,' things like that," he said.

Although Boston Globe reporter Patrick Healy revised the original quote from a pool report to "more leaders", Mr. Kerry did not back down from his assertions. Again on March 14 Mr. Kerry made his claim, but continued to resist naming names while under pressure after remarks by Secretary of State Colin Powell.

"I'm not going to betray a private conversation with anybody," he said. "I have heard from people, foreign leaders elsewhere in the world who don't appreciate the Bush administration and would love to see a change in the leadership of the United States."

The Washington Times conducted interviews with embassies of countries opposing the war in Iraq and concluded that there had been no meetings between Mr. Kerry and foreign heads of state since the beginning of 2003. After a review of Mr. Kerry's schedule, it was shown he had no opportunities for personal meetings with foreign heads of state, save one on September 24 when the New Zealand Foreign Minister was in Washington. Several foreign leaders including Germany's Schroeder and the Australian Foreign Minister deny any contact with Kerry.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2004/8/prweb148423.htm

note: Kerry quote highlighted

Stolen Honor
rhv5862
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 11:26 pm    Post subject: Kerry says he met with UN Security Council Reply with quote

Add another lie to Kerry's long list of untruths.

RHV
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And the truth will be revealed.
Dimsdale
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was he wearing the moldy hat given to him by invisible agents on the ultra super top secret to Cambodia?
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Son of a Vet,

Could you have stumbled onto the anticipated Wash. Times story set to break Monday? Has the Times researched this exhaustively and proven Kerry's claim to have meet with the UN Security Council, or some members, to be another LIE? It fits the "hints" of foriegn affairs and Kerry's "honesty".
mach9
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been looking for this for an hour! Sounds like what's coming tomorrow--but how tame in comparison to treason.
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of throwing this out without thinking but... maybe Kerry was LYING about meeting with the Viet Cong and North Vietnamese.... He lies about absolutely EVERYTHING!
William
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drudge says it... Son of a Vet hit it! Congrats!
I B Squidly
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041024-110609-9428r.htm

This is Mowbry's big news. This is what I got a headache waiting up for?

Sorry, I'm underwhelmed. In the canon of Kerry's lies this is minor and not likely to get the ball any closer to the goal post.

With Boy Clinton reclaiming the stage tomorrow I'd hoped for something juicy; even if it was only about sex.
crazywater
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it does put Kerry in the position of having to accuse the Security Council of being liars OR backtracking on yet another one of his assertions...and he did say this in the second debate as well as at the Unity Conference so he is in another situation that the MSM will have to help him get out of.
ord33
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was wrong. I thought the story was going to be about Kerry's continual bashing of Bush about Tora Bora and UBL, but when he was in Tora Bora, Kerry was in favor of the same strategy Pres. Bush used. This story will matter to people who have morals and ethics, but a great deal of people supporting Kerry seem to not be interested in that anyway... Once again, if it was about Bush it would be a big deal, but the media will probably talk about it, but not bash Kerry too hard over it, in my opinion.
breezy
Ensign

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.washingtontimes.com/national/20041024-110609-9428r.htmWink
stevec
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:02 am    Post subject: another Lie Reply with quote

Another in your face lie to the American public.

Steve Christensen
RogerRabbit
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You just got to love this one - can hardly wait to see how they try to spin this one

"Remember: integrity, integrity, integrity."

Last edited by RogerRabbit on Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Mooncusser
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 4:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This means nothing.

He is known to have met with our enemy in war time.

This does not seem to be a problem for the media and almost half of the nation.

On the other hand if George Bush were to pass gas in church.....you would never hear the end of it.

It is disgusting. Sad Sad

I actually won the election before I lost it.

"It is a good day to fight! It is a good day to die! Strong hearts, brave hearts to the front! Weak hearts and cowards to the rear!" (Crazy Horse)
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: