SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kankakee vet swears Kerry's the one

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Kankakee vet swears Kerry's the one Reply with quote

What about the critics? I asked. What about John O'Neill and his 220-member group, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

http://www.starnewspapers.com/star/spedit/col/20-co1.htm

Very Happy

I believe this makes the score:

Vets for Kerry: 23
Vets against Kerry: 168,394
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 10:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Kankakee vet swears Kerry's the one Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:

What about the critics? I asked. What about John O'Neill and his 220-member group, Swift Boat Veterans for Truth?

http://www.starnewspapers.com/star/spedit/col/20-co1.htm

Very Happy

For anyone really interested in the Kerry/O'Neill debate I offer the following: O'Neill was not "hand-picked" by Nixon. He traveled on his own dime (when he didn't have one) to debate with Kerry. He only met Nixon after arrangements for the debate had been made and advertised.

More important, read the the transcript of the entire debate if you haven't before: http://ice.he.net/~freepnet/kerry/staticpages/index.php?page=20040503214623700
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
[Kerry] was an immediate celebrity. He was also an immediate target of the Nixon Administration. Years later, Chuck Colson—who was Nixon's political enforcer—told me, "He was a thorn in our flesh. He was very articulate, a credible leader of the opposition. He forced us to create a counterfoil. We found a vet named John O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. We had O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to boost his group."
ASPB

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Quote:
[Kerry] was an immediate celebrity. He was also an immediate target of the Nixon Administration. Years later, Chuck Colson—who was Nixon's political enforcer—told me, "He was a thorn in our flesh. He was very articulate, a credible leader of the opposition. He forced us to create a counterfoil. We found a vet named John O'Neill and formed a group called Vietnam Veterans for a Just Peace. We had O'Neill meet the President, and we did everything we could do to boost his group."

I suggest you go to John O'Neill's statements from then and now and not do time parsing. I was talking about the Kerry/O'Neill Dick Cavett Show debate. What you say "did" happen but it happened after the Cavett appearance which was, in fact, the trigger to initiate VV for a Just Peace.

Classic timeline parsing! So naturally partisan parsing of the facts. Were you even alive then? I sincerely doubt it!

And please provide source when providing qoutos.
DougReese
Former Member

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Re: Kankakee vet swears Kerry's the one Reply with quote

BrianC wrote:

Hold on just a minute here -- Make that 24 Smile

Doug
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 3:18 am    Post subject: Re: Kankakee vet swears Kerry's the one Reply with quote

DougReese wrote:
BrianC wrote:

Hold on just a minute here -- Make that 24 Smile

Doug

Doug,

Yah! I think we knew that! Laughing Laughing

Tom
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to wonder if he was such a great profound leader always looking out for the welfare of his men, why did he bug out after 4 months with purple owies for superficial wounds?

The book is misnamed. A "Tour of Duty" was at least 12 months, not 4. Maybe it should have been titled "Quarter Tour."
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Four months is one third of twelve.

How about "Turd Tour"? Or is this off-topic?

Laughing
LewWaters
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Scott. My math isn't what it used to be and I'm sleepy as I posted that.

I also don't know if it's off topic, but I like your title better Laughing
Scott

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Much obliged, Mr. Waters.

Cool
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"John Kerry is the veteran's veteran," Wasser says. "He had a presence. I trusted him then, and I trusted him now. He made good, sound command decisions. We lost no one.

"I want someone for president who is tested, and this man is tested.

"John Kerry is a proven commander."

Now, just how do you make this kind of assessment of someone's talents and abilities with only what? Two or three or four weeks under his command?

Kerry appears to have had four different boats and four different crews in his four-month "Tour of Duty."

Maybe someone can clarify this for me - just how many crews did he have? 15 enlisted people who were said to have served on his boats have been cited elsewhere as supporting him for election. Only one does not support him, making 16 in total who have come forward, publicly.

How many people were in a swifts crew? Three? Four? Five?

Curiouser and curiouser.....
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: