SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UK Guardian Unlimited advocates assassination
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of you are just too darned polite! I sent the following to Brooker:

"I suggest you don't show your face (or your arse) on this side of the big pond unless you want to have one or the other tossed into the hoosegow! Of course, it will be difficult to determine which is which, although we know your brain is located in the latter.

I thank God that 80% of Brits are intelligent, caring human beings, and didn't just drop out of the coconut tree during the past day or so as you have!

We have laws against a diatribe such as yours and these laws will be vigorously enforced when we grab you at the airport/ dock.

Is this a threat--you bet your sweet a$$ it is, you idiot!"
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How's this for a short letter to the SOB?

Quote:

Dear "Charlie":

In a recent story in the Manchester Guardian, you ask "John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?"

Since you are a professional journalist, I am frankly surprised by your poor research skills; the answer to this question is quite widely available. However, I shall endeavor to assist.

The first two individuals about whom you inquire are quite dead, and are generally considered to be burning in hell for eternity. The third is in prison, and will likely remain there for the remainder of his natural life - an additional thirty-five years or so. Whether he too burns in hell for all eternity will be decided by the Deity after his demise.

You are cordially invited to come and visit America. Contrary to your apparent belief, we are quite helpful to those from other countries. Indeed, there are many of us who would be more than willing to assist you in meeting those about whose whereabouts you inquired.

Your attention to this correspondence is greatly appreciated.

Fornicate you very much.

Sincerely,

/s/

Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I downloaded Stolen Honor from your link. Windows Media Player says it can't play it. I tried it in my DVD/MP3/VCD player but it can't play it either. Can you suggest a player?

Son of a VET wrote:
Is it not illegal to threaten the life of a leader of a country? They should be arrested! I wonder if the UK is going to do anything about it. That seemed like a vailed treat to me. :evil:http://www.annointed.net/video/stolen_honor_final1.wmv (right click and save as)

Son of a VET
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you save it on your hard drive? It is a wmv file, windows media. WMP should play it. Try updating your player if it is not up to date. Windows media player 10 is out. WMP 9 also plays it. I just now re-tested the link, it plays. Try downloading it again, it may have gotten corupted.

Stolen Honor
Ohio Voter
PO2

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea, I see that on your link, but what I found was.AVI, Part 1 and Part 2, two files. Strange?

Dang! I figured out what happened, someone [me] started a download but didn't finish it, then I downloaded your link. I found yours on C drive instead of in the folder I thought I put it in. *LOL* Sorry to bother you. It works when you get the right file. And thanks for the link.

Son of a VET wrote:
Did you save it on your hard drive? It is a wmv file, windows media. WMP should play it. Try updating your player if it is not up to date. Windows media player 10 is out. WMP 9 also plays it. I just now re-tested the link, it plays. Try downloading it again, it may have gotten corupted.
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Typical Brits.... they are hiding behind the worn out charge that Americans don't understand their brand of sick humor.

http://www.powerlineblog.com/

Guardian Backs Off on Assassination
As we have noted, yesterday the Guardian published a column by Charlie Brooker that called for he assassination of President Bush. The column concluded:
On November 2, the entire civilised world will be praying, praying Bush loses. And Sod's law dictates he'll probably win, thereby disproving the existence of God once and for all. The world will endure four more years of idiocy, arrogance and unwarranted bloodshed, with no benevolent deity to watch over and save us. John Wilkes Booth, Lee Harvey Oswald, John Hinckley Jr - where are you now that we need you?
The Guardian has now pulled the Brooker column; in its place is this notice:
The final sentence of a column in The Guide on Saturday caused offence to some readers. The Guardian associates itself with the following statement from the writer.
"Charlie Brooker apologises for any offence caused by his comments relating to President Bush in his TV column, Screen Burn. The views expressed in this column are not those of the Guardian. Although flippant and tasteless, his closing comments were intended as an ironic joke, not as a call to action - an intention he believed regular readers of his humorous column would understand. He deplores violence of any kind."
The entire Brooker column can still be read here. You can judge for yourself whether there is anything "humorous" about it.
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jackass Apologized...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/theguide/tvradio/story/0,14676,1335307,00.html

Quote:
The final sentence of a column in The Guide on Saturday caused offence to some readers. The Guardian associates itself with the following statement from the writer.
"Charlie Brooker apologises for any offence caused by his comments relating to President Bush in his TV column, Screen Burn. The views expressed in this column are not those of the Guardian. Although flippant and tasteless, his closing comments were intended as an ironic joke, not as a call to action - an intention he believed regular readers of his humorous column would understand. He deplores violence of any kind."

Watching Michael Moores every Move
chemical_boy
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wynne...we posted at the exact same time... Smile

Watching Michael Moores every Move
Wynne
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemical_boy wrote:
wynne...we posted at the exact same time... Smile

Great minds! Smile

Here is the email I just sent to The Guardian:

Re: Mr. Brooker's and The Guardian's poor excuse for an apology --

Typical of you Brits -- hiding behind the worn out charge that Americans simply don't understand your brand of sick humor which is not, contrary to what you want the world to believe, the witty and legitimate literary convention called irony which died out in your country with Jonathan Swift.

How old is Mr. Brooker anyway -- if he's older than 15, I suggest you arrange for him to see one of your National Health doctors. With any luck, perhaps in a couple of years they'll be able to see him and treat what is a surely a barking case of arrested development.
FreeFall
LCDR

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder why that Brooker idiot didn't mention Sirhah Sirhan, the man who assassinated Senator Robert Kennedy in 1968 at the Ambassador Hotel in Los Angeles while he was campaigning for President.

Sirhan Sirhan shot Robert Kennedy because Sirhan was a Palestian born in Jerusalem who didn't like Kennedy's support of Israel.

It's also funny how Brooker mentions at the top of the article how the opposition is praying to God for Bush to lose, then he closes his article wishing for an assassin to take out Bush! What a flake.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least our emails got their attention. But, I agree, they hide behind "sick humor". And, besides, humor always has a tinge of the truth behind it.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
sleeplessinseattle
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fort Campbell wrote:
The Big Wigs at The Guardian did not like it when we blitzed them with E-Mails that last time so I think we have to do it again. You can use this list that we used the last time:

mailto: jonathan.freedland@guardian.co.uk, clare.dyer@guardian.co.uk, polly.toynbee@guardian.co.uk, dan.glaister@guardian.co.uk, ian.katz@guardian.co.uk, isabel.hilton@guardian.co.uk, james.fenton@guardian.co.uk, stephen.brook@guardian.co.uk, simon.tisdall@guardian.co.uk, mail@monbiot.com, jackie.ashley@guardian.co.uk, malcolm.dean@guardian.co.uk, steve.bell@guardian.co.uk, eric.allison@guardian.co.uk, matt.wells@guardian.co.uk, dan.milmo@guardian.co.uk, richard.norton@guardian.co.uk, taylor@guardian.co.uk, alan.travis@guardian.co.uk, conal.urquhart@guardian.co.uk, mberlins@aol.com, mike.hough@guardian.co.uk, audrey.gillan@guardian.co.uk, ewen.macaskill@guardian.co.uk, lee.glendinning@guardian.co.uk, jason.burke@observer.co.uk, michael.billington@guardian.co.uk, david.brindle@guardian.co.uk, lyn.gardner@guardian.co.uk, adrian.searle@guardian.co.uk, owen.gibson@guardian.co.uk, jonathan.jones@guardian.co.uk, claire.cozens@guardian.co.uk, judith.mackrell@guardian.co.uk, jason.deans@guardian.co.uk, dominic.timms@guardian.co.uk, jonathan.glancey@guardian.co.uk, alexis.petrardian@guardian.co.uk, john.fordham@guardian.co.uk, andrew.clements@guardian.co.uk, tim.ashley@guardian.co.uk, nancy.banks@guardian.co.uk, smith@guardian.co.uk, editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk, books.editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk, politics.editor@guardianunlimited.co.uk, editor@mediaguardian.co.uk,

These people are mentally ill. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Let me add these two emails:
reader@guardian.co.uk; charlie.brooker@zeppotron.com which are the Reader's editor and Charlie Brooker's personal email (although that is unverified as of yet.)

I just sent this email to that list of folks:

Charlie Brooker - would be employer of political hit men - and to all others this may concern:

You wrote in your 'apology':

"Although flippant and tasteless, his closing comments were intended as an ironic joke, not as a call to action - an intention he believed regular readers of his humorous column would understand. He deplores violence of any kind."

First of all, why is this written in the 3rd person? Can you not apologize on your own two feet Mr. Brooker? Secondly, it is unbelievable that you would "qualify" your apology ("his closing comments were intended as an ironic joke"). That is the height of hypocrisy and arrogance. You are contemptable and such a watered down apology only clearly shows this fact all the moreso. Further, it does not allow the offended parties, including myself, to even begin to contemplate forgiving such stunning inaneness and stupidity. As I mentioned in my prior email, to which I have not received a reply: "Based on your example why would I ever want to visit your country again or spend money (both of which I've done in the last year) to support your sick attitudes and violent opinions? I am completely disgusted..." Further, why shouldn't we Americans, and you've offended us all you moron, just try our level best to attack your sponsorship at the newspaper, front and center...

Now onto your caveat within your so-called apology. Do you think it humorous to joke about violence since you claim you "deplore" it? What kind of sick mind goes there if you deplore it? Are you also cracking funnies about other voilent events or perhaps murders in GB or rapes or other such "funny" events - using your apparent personally inestimable abilities at irony? Perhaps you're the only one in the whole world capable of pulling off a joke about murder - but I don't think so. You have truly stepped over the bounds of any decency and goodwill. I'm rather inclined to conclude that, at least at the moment, you are utter disgusting filth Mr. Brooker.

Until you fully apologize with no "caveats" I maintain both my criticism of and disgust for your "fishwrap." And until then, you and any of your 'ilk', are not welcome in our city, Seattle. Here's my uneqivocal statement to you - stay the hell away from here you lunatic.

Sleepless in Seattle

================

And here comes the Secret Service!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot off another email regarding the false apology. We'll just keep beating them with the baseball bat over this until they issue a real apology.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
dog teacher
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does any one have the address for the original article calling for assasination? I'm having trouble finding it.
I wonder if any of these 'journalists' know anything about the "Battle of Britain". The way I see it, if it had not t been for US, they would now be speaking German. Ingrates Rolling Eyes
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this E-Mail from the FEC regarding The Guardian.

The FEC is an independent regulatory agency with jurisdiction over the campaign financing of federal elections. The Commission enforces the limits on the sources and amounts of contributions to candidates for federal office, reviews the registration and periodic reports filed by political committees supporting federal candidates, and monitors the public funding of Presidential elections.

Due to the nature of your inquiry, your question has been forwarded to the U.S. Election Assistance Commission (http://www.eac.gov/) for a response. You may contact this agency directly by calling 1-866-747-1471 (see also http://www.eac.gov/contact_us.asp?format=none).

At least they forwarded it on. Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: