SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

"useful idiots" Award
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:15 am    Post subject: "useful idiots" Award Reply with quote

"useful idiots", which is a term that most attribute to Vladimir Lenin of the Soviet Union. He used this term to refer to the sympathetic Western liberals and weak minded people.

From the communistic perspective who do you think would most likely to be consider the most useful of the "useful idiots"?

Please provide information to support your nomination.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
ASPB
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:21 am    Post subject: Re: "useful idiots" Award Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:
"useful idiots", which is a term that most attribute to Vladimir Lenin of the Soviet Union. He used this term to refer to the sympathetic Western liberals and weak minded people.

From the communistic perspective who do you think would most likely to be consider the most useful of the "useful idiots"?

That's easy to answer at least for the present. Just read at www.wintersoldier.com
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:42 am; edited 1 time in total
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd have to go with Judith Miller who gave us all of that crack reporting for the Times. Her main source was Chalabi, another person who would fit the bill, and her reporting was so bad that the Times had to write not one but two mea culpa's. The communists made false reporting an art form and Judith perfected it even more.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
I'd have to go with Judith Miller who gave us all of that crack reporting for the Times. Her main source was Chalabi, another person who would fit the bill, and her reporting was so bad that the Times had to write not one but two mea culpa's. The communists made false reporting an art form and Judith perfected it even more.

Good recommendation Mikest:

Nothing like saying what you truly believe, being tentatively accused of having been mistaken, and hammered by the NY Slimes Mainsewer Media propaganda machine for not towing the leftist revisionary line.

And yes, my response to your nomination is dripping with sarcasm!
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not towing the "revisionary" line? Her stories were consistantly wrong. Only a Fox news fan would prefer to be lied to, err, mislead. I'm sure you think Chalabi is a strong supporter of the US as well.
ASPB

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
Not towing the "revisionary" line? Her stories were consistantly wrong. Only a Fox news fan would prefer to be lied to, err, mislead. I'm sure you think Chalabi is a strong supporter of the US as well.

No Mikest,

She was consistently right at the time and history may yet prove it!

Gotta a couple of grand you want to put on the conclusions actually reached after the election and a deeper review of what was really going on? ......I sincerely doubt it.

But you believed her didn't you Mike? Didn't you?

Ah gee! Just like most "useful idiots"; Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, She lied to me!

Try discussing reality with adults if you ever graduate from kindergarden!
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Try discussing reality with adults if you ever graduate from kindergarden!

I guess discussing anything with an intellectual midget like you is fairly pointless. Since her stories have been shot down and her admitted sourse has come out and said it does not matter if what he said was true, she is lucky to have a supporter like you. We'll just drop the "Usefull" part of the equation out to describe you.

Quote:
Ah gee! Just like most "useful idiots"; Mommy, Mommy, Mommy, She lied to me!

What a childish comment. If she was a democrat you would be screaming.

Mikest,

You are banned from this forum for a period of 24 hours effective immediately. This thread is locked and will be reviewed by the moderators. If you post again in this forum within the next 24 hours you will be permanently banned.
coldwarvet
Admiral

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: "useful idiots" Award Reply with quote

coldwarvet wrote:

I was hoping someone would come in with this and I would jump in.

William Jefferson Clinton – The sale of missile technology to China will prove to be the most useful from the communist perspective.

"Peace is our Profession"
Strategic Air Command - Motto

USAF 75-79 Security Police
Marine4life
Senior Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I nominate Micheal Moore, he will show the world what a liar he is in F911 and he supports Kerry!!!! Purly political lies to help Kerry, I bet the future will show that Mrs. Hienz paid for the film to be shown. Semper Fi.
keefer fm MD
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would have to choose Maureen Dowd, aka Moron Dud. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard her use the line, "and the majority of Americans still think that Saddam was responsible for 9/11," I'd be rich. This woman, a self-avowed Bush-hater, is a lying ***** who needs to leave this country, along with about 95% of the rest of the pseudo-journalists in this country!

Later swiftvets--you guys rock!
ASPB

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

keefer fm MD wrote:
I would have to choose Maureen Dowd, aka Moron Dud. If I had a nickel for every time I've heard her use the line, "and the majority of Americans still think that Saddam was responsible for 9/11," I'd be rich. This woman, a self-avowed Bush-hater, is a lying ***** who needs to leave this country, along with about 95% of the rest of the pseudo-journalists in this country!

Later swiftvets--you guys rock!

Now that's a good recommendation!

The problem is, given software limitations, we'd need to run a couple of hundred polls and manually collate the results; selectively of course; like the Gorites did in FL in 2000! Laughing
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about Molly Ivins? She's a Texas gal and real hard lefties like her are hard to come by in Texas. She hates the President.

If I can control my gag factor, I read her occasionally just for pure entertainment. Helps to know what the enemy is thinking.
scotty61
LCDR

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 10:59 pm    Post subject: usefull idiots Reply with quote

Their are so many, but Dan Rather would have to right up there. This guy has abandoned the principals of objective journalism to become a Dem. party propogandist.

How about the flip side? For useless idiot I nominate Al Gore. He has gone from a self described "Alpha Male" to the political kiss of death for whoever he supports.
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I choose, collectively, the entire population of **

A casual read through the threads from any given day would demonstrate why.

Actually, I read the place for entertainment. Those yammerheads don't know how funny they are.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: