SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

TRUTH BLACKOUT: BOYCOTT THE MSM
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
shadowy
Commander

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only have basic cable because I got sick of paying for trash. When I had the expanded cable, I called the cable company and had them block MTV, because I didn't want my teenager watching it. He would have figured out how to unblock it if I did it at our end. If we all called our cable companies and told them to block oh, say, CBS, would they notice? Do they keep track of how many subscribers do that?
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is great. We need to have one of our best writers compose a letter we can send to our friends asking them to join us. We need to explain that the MSM has engaged in a TRUTH BLACKOUT for years and why we the people won't take it anymore and how we cna bring them down.
PrinceLazar
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nomorelies wrote:
This is great. We need to have one of our best writers compose a letter we can send to our friends asking them to join us. We need to explain that the MSM has engaged in a TRUTH BLACKOUT for years and why we the people won't take it anymore and how we cna bring them down.

Let's start up. First of all we should make a sticky we should update all the time and then as we get to it, we should get one of us to formulate a letter.

Let's get on it..

Need some wood?!?!
wednesdaychild
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm with u, and have been for some time. I haven't watched a MSM news broadcast in at least 3 ys. only Fox and now the net. I have been very selective about movies too, the last movie I saw was "the passion of the christ". Any celbs that speak out vocally or it becomes known to me is involved with extreme left wing crap-they go on the list. Currently we only watch, The history channel, the sci fi channel, TLC, some of the cartoon netwoks(kids) Fox and not much more. We only have extended basic cable. Oh, yes, my husband does watch the NFL games.
I have been doing this for quite a while. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
julsmith
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the MS news, I've also boycotted going to pretty much all movies if they have even ONE Hollywood leftist in the movie.

Baldwin, Affleck, Serandon, DeCaprio, Diaz, Goldburg, Cher, Penn, Franken, Sheen, Maher, Streisand, Robbins, Redford, Reiner, Moore, just to name a few.

I also won't go to leftist concerts (at least knowlingly) I.E: Cheryl Crow, John Mellencamp, Coldplay, Pearl Jam, Bruce Springsteen, Moby, Dixie Chicks, Dave Matthews, GreenDay, Don Henley, Willie Nelson, Lou Reed, The Offspring, just to name a few.

I'm not paying my hard-earned money to feed the propaganda machine.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
TRUTHSERUM---not ruined enough!! She's given millions to the Klintons, kerry and moveon.

Yeah, I know. She made those stupid exercise tapes and married Ted Turner and got herself more money. I can't stand the witch myself.

But, I'm game for anything to shut these liberals down. I've had it with them. I'm done with the lies, the smears, slanted, biased reports. They have really gone too far this time. I haven't watched CBS or any of its' programs for so long. I don't watch any of them because their kind of entertainment doesn't appeal to me. And, I buy no magazines or newspapers because they all have some biased crap in them.

I'm willing to do whatever anyone here wants to do, boycott at the same time, send out an email campaign, whatever.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Nomorelies
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dixie Chicks, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, George Clooney, Michael Moore,
bk_mo
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:30 am    Post subject: in Reply with quote

I'm in. Name a time, Name a time!!! It would be a nice break!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: