SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

KERRYS HOME MOVIES

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: KERRYS HOME MOVIES Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:45 am; edited 1 time in total
nakona
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't blame him for enjoying fond memories of his youth, and truthfully, I don't really see it as a presidential problem.

My problems with Kerry are far more fundamental.

Among other things, a president needs to be able to withstand withering criticism from every corner while he steadfastedly does the right thing, no matter how hard, even if it costs him his career.

I frankly don't see Kerry having the intestinal fortitude to do the first, nor do I see him having the character to place his JOB above his CAREER.
hist/student
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

retracted

Last edited by hist/student on Sat Jul 24, 2004 2:44 am; edited 1 time in total
War Dog
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've thought and thought about this, and the only reason that I can come with as to why someone would want to go back and film and re-create a location and place where he was awarded a Silver Star for heroic action is so that he could use it in the future for political gain. We all know that many have made statements that John F. Kerry told more than one person before, during and after Vietnam that he was going to go into politics.

I still firmly believe that many of John F. Kerry's actions, if not all of them were purposely done with making him look good or as a hero so that he could use it for future political ambitions. This goes along with what many people have said about John F. Kerry in the last thirty seven years, in that John F. Kerry is out for John F. Kerry and nobody else. But, then again, I can't totally fault him for that, as I believe the majority of politicians and most businessmen are only out for themselves, and themselves only! It's all about power, authority and control.

It's Way Past Time For The Gloves To Come Off!

FRIGGIN WAR WOOF!

When cops need help, they call the K-9 unit."
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think John Kerry is in a time warp. I think that, despite twenty years in the U.S. Senate, he still believes that the early 1970's contained his greatest moments.

In the Senate, he has always played second fiddle to Ted Kennedy.

Perhaps that's why he earned the "Most Liberal Senator" award...as a way to achieve recognition.

Nothing I have ever heard about, or from, John Kerry has convinced me that he is actually concerned about anyone but John Kerry. Everyone else is either "for or agin" him. As a politician he is a stereotype.

As a President he would be a disaster of Biblical proportions.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will never understand John Kerry and the liberal left. One of the things I like about President Bush is that he is very aware that he may not win this election and he is not going to waffle on his decisions or his course of action that he has taken as President. He does not take polls to see if his numbers are up or down. I just wish he would get out there and his people let him get out there and be seen. If he makes a blunder...it is not going to change those of us who are already set to vote for him. But he needs to be seen and get his message across and I do not see that. I am not sure if he is waiting to get closer to November...but I think he needs to use this time to be out in the public eye.

I am mainly frustrated with the republican party in their unwillingness to take the gloves off and go full throttle as the democrats do. The DNC holds nothing back. Their attack ads are almost lies; they allow moveon.org to do their dirty work; They have George Soros who is dumping millions of dollars against President Bush...and we all know that if this had been a rich republican it would be all over the news saying they were trying to buy the election. The memories are vivid from Florida as I voted absentee ballot in FL.

I just would like the republicans to fight back. Most of us who are on this webstie watch Fox news....most of us are all well informed and very intelligent from what I have read...there are a lot of good points and there are alot of times I learn something new that I did not know! We all use other sources of information other than CNN,ABC, CBS, NBC...we all realize they are a joke. Maybe we should take the time to get the name of the top execs from these new source and place them on the website...I know that has been suggested and not a bad idea.

As a vet we have a lot of members...most of us just do not have a very active stance on some of the issues...but with this election John Kerry has hit a nerve in the center of most of us. We know he is NOT what this country needs and we are just frustrated over the liberal media and their portrayal of John Kerry. We all know that he has had a political career in his mind since before he went to Vietnam. His actions during and after Vietnam is a disgrace to the men and women who still wear that uniform. I just really do not like John Kerry. I do not like the fact that he waffles on every issue. If you wait around long enough...he will be on the same side at one point in time.

My father always told me a man is as good as his word. I see that John Kerry is not good on his word and never has been. My dad always told me respect is something that is earned, not given. John Kerry has not earned that respect in my eyes....President Bush has. John Kerry will cause this country to drop down to the lowest levels it was with Jimmy Carter. I was in my teens with Jimmy Carter and the first time I voted...I voted for Ronald Regean. I never registered as a republican until the last few years. I was always an independent, but realize I wanted a say as to who ran as a republican and change my party affiliation.

[b]edited by Moderator - Theresa, break your posts down into paragraphs, it makes them easier to read.[/b]
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: