SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS News planned missing explosives story for election eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
noc
PO1

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the0point wrote:
They hate us because the conservative ideology is winning...

The liberal establishment has realized--or perhaps always known--it could never win hearts and minds, only pray on fears and materialistic addictions. So they do what they have to, deflect, delay, complain, obfuscate, obsess, attack, and lie. And all of this is justified to them because they are fighting for the greater good after all... Rolling Eyes

They also hate us because the internet and bloggers are stealing all of their power.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard something earlier today that the NBC reporter is backing off.
This is the reporter that was embedded with the 101st Airborne troops
who inspected the QaQaa site. Said the troops only stopped briefly
there and did not search for weapons.

I hope this is not true.

Watch Brokaw on NBC Nightly news tonight
to see if they are backing away from Michlesewski's report
of last night.
kimberly
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, I mentioned the topic to some one who was quick to point out that the reporter is now saying it was little more than a pit stop and no search was conducted?

Kimberly
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UPDATE ON KERRY SPOT FROM MARSHALL

Kerry Spot wrote:
MIKLASZEWSKI'S NEW REPORT [10/26 03:56 PM]

Marshall says Miklaszewski's report from last night is "no longer operative" based on the Pentagon correspondent's recent comments on MSNBC. I'd say that is an overstatement. To use one of Kerry's favorite words, let's say Miklaszewski's account is more nuanced.

Following up on that story from last night, military officials tell NBC News that on April 10, 2003, when the Second Brigade of the 101st Airborne entered the Al QaQaa weapons facility, south of Baghdad, that those troops were actually on their way to Baghdad, that they were not actively involved in the search for any weapons, including the high explosives, HMX and RDX. The troops did observe stock piles of conventional weapons but no HMX or RDX. And because the Al Qaqaa facility is so huge, it's not clear that those troops from the 101st were actually anywhere near the bunkers that reportedly contained the HMX and RDX. Three months earlier, during an inspection of the Al Qaqaa compound, the International Atomic Energy Agency secured and sealed 350 metric tons of HMX and RDX. Then in March, shortly before the war began, the I.A.E.A. conducted another inspection and found that the HMX stockpile was still intact and still under seal. But inspectors were unable to inspect the RDX stockpile and could not verify that the RDX was still at the compound.
Pentagon officials say elements of the 101st Airborne did conduct a thorough search of several facilities around the Al QaQaa compound for several weeks during the month of April in search of WMD. They found no WMD. And Pentagon officials say it's not clear at that time whether those other elements of the 101st actually searched the Al QaQaa compound.

Now, Pentagon officials say U.S. troops and members of the Iraq Survey Group did arrive at the Al QaQaa compound on May 27. And when they did, they found no HMX or RDX or any other weapons under seal at the time. Now, the Iraqi government is officially said that the high explosives were stolen by looters. Pentagon officials claim it's possible — they're not sure, they say, but it's possible that Saddam Hussein himself ordered that these high explosives be removed and hidden before the war. What is clear is that the 350 metric tons of high explosives are still missing, and that the U.S. or Iraqi governments or international inspectors, for that matter, cannot say with any certainty where they are today.

I have a question about that first comment, that "it's not clear that those troops from the 101st were actually anywhere near the bunkers that reportedly contained the HMX and RDX."

A gentleman sending me e-mail from a ".mil" address writes:

But I was there at Al QaQaa on April 10th with the 101st, I can rest assure you that [NBC producer interviewed on MSNBC earlier today] Lai Ling Jew is lying about it, she seems to be expressing a convenient contrary opinion of the time. The very first thing we do when we move into an area is clear it of any enemy combatants, including going inside warehouses full of ordinance, which we did immediately when we reached there.
Another gentleman sending me e-mail from a ".mil" address writes:

Operational plans in modern warfare are continually rolling and are available to combat commanders in a real time network environment. The original pre-invasion Operation Plans listed the Al-QaQaa weapons depot as a priority security site. After the 101st Airborne Division inspected the site, the security priority was downgraded and the Operational Plan was modified.
So first, I would assume that before the 101st stopped at the site for 24 hours, they would at least send guys with guns through to make sure there weren't any hostile forces at al-QaQaa. I don't care how big the site is, no commanding officer is going to leave a bunch of buildings unchecked for badguys who might try to attack his guys. Also, wouldn't "securing" this site mean checking for booby traps? Wouldn't our guys want to know what's in these buildings that they're walking around?

And I would assume that the process of securing al-QaQaa — "a priority security site" would include checking for explosives in all these buildings they're securing. So that the message, "hey, guys, careful if we get attacked and have to defend this position - there are 350 tons of high-grade explosives over in that storage bunker over there" gets to everybody who needs to hear it.

shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DAMMMM IT!

I had hoped maybe NBC would show some mettle and
stand by their report of last night.

Guess they were quickly put back on the script of
the MSM Band of Brothers.
Inatizzy
Former Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what does all this mean? That the Clinton camp has issued a veiled threat to the reporter that if he doesn't change his story he will end up in Ft. Marcy Park with a bullet in his head too? Mad

GAWD, this all stinks to high heaven.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take word of the troops over a reporter anyday.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can speak publicly.
twicearound
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hoelbrooke on Gibson spinning like a top, all skerry wants is the truth and the President has nothing to say. They keep quoting the other reporter the one this guy doubts. This just proves what we all know they don't care one iota about our troops, heck they can't even vote in PA

I could just spit nails. Anything for power even the destruction of our military, all I can say I hope they remember God is watching.

Kerry Spot wrote:
MORE FROM A KERRY SPOT READER WHO WAS THERE [10/26 05:07 PM]

More from a Kerry Spot reader with a ".mil" e-mail address, stating he was among the soldiers who secured Al QaQaa on April 10th with the 101st:

I can tell you what happened at my squad level. When we arrived there, humvees with Mark-19's and other mounted weapons immediately secured the parameter with appropriate manpower backup. On the foot level we broke up into squads and went building to building and cleared them; mind you, we couldn't do them all. But we found what had been typical finds, caches of AK-47's, artillery rounds and bullets. There was absolutely no talk of a big find, and what I could sense no worries of anything that should have been there. Of course, we were still worried about the possibilities of chemical weapons but they never panned out.

I am a little perturbed at the gross mischaracterization of what went on there. From what I remember of the NBC crew, they did not go out with us, and they may have in fact been asked to not to go on the search with us, due to the dangers that may have possibily come up. Now this part is my opinion, but don't you think that if they had gone out with us they would have video?

Thanks to this guy for what he did, and sharing what he could.

You read words like this, from a guy who has put it on the line for his country, and wonder who heck thinks they have the right as a Monday Morning Quarterback to tell guys like him they botched the job.

Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shawa wrote:
I would take word of the troops over a reporter anyday.

Unfortunately, I don't think they can speak publicly.

David Kay, the weapons inspector in charge said they were removed before the war began. (see my other post in this thread where he is quoted.) That was dated January 2004, before the press gave a darn about this story. David Kay needs to debunk it and make it go away. They took his word as gospel to attack Bush with, so they can't have it both ways.
shawa
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rdtf.

David Kay has the stature in the Media to be believed.

Maybe he should be reminded of his statement back then.
Since he has joined the Media, he has become their darling
and may not to choose to debunk them.

Oh Lord, calm me down. This MSM cabal is driving me crazy!

There's now another Thread that they are dragging up the
TANG business again!
wwIIvetsdaughter
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may be wrong but...380 TONS? Isn't that 760,000 pounds? How can that much be "looted"? ( Implying some Islamo-fascists picked it up and put it on back of a camel) To move that amount/weight we're talking fleets of 16 wheeler rigs, cranes, dollies, etc. etc. in other words using simple logic this must have taken weeks with hundreds participating ergo well before the war started or else we would have seen the activity with spy satellites which supposedly are so good they can tell what brand of cig your smoking from 200+ miles up! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil AND if this conventional, albeit high grade explosives could be moved prior to the start of the war..COULDN'T THE WMD BEEN MOVED ALSO SENATOR KERRY, YOU A**E? Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gibson is debunking this in a big way right now on FOX. My new hero!!
Rdtf
CNO

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

now it's the lead story on Brit Hume
Kimmymac
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gibson has been great. He had a Marine Corp Civil Affairs officer on last week talking about all the good work being done by the COALITION forces and the IRAQIS to rebuild the infrastructure that was depleted during SADDAMS REIGN OF TERROR.

This explosives thing will go down like the TANG crap did, we just have to keep pounding it.
coolhand
PO3

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rush's piece. Suprise attack on democracy.

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_102604/content/rush_is_right.guest.html
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: