SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CBS News planned missing explosives story for election eve
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jack Mclaughlin
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both Rathergate and this new " cache of explosives " story is about collusion, collaboration and conspiracy involving the MSM and the Democratic party. To see Dan Rather still delivering his propaganda on CBS nightly is sickening. His ultimate boss, Sumner Redstone (sumner.redstone@viacom.com) is angry with Rather but seems powerless to act on behalf of Viacom`s stockholders and the American people.
DaveL
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Clearly the UN is not a disinterested party in this US election. If Kerry wins, what do you suppose happens to the current US insistence that Baredei be replaced, and that the biggest scandal in world history in terms of stolen treasure and human misery (Oil for Food), be fully investigated and corrected?
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What do we need to do to get to these people? Ratter is shameless. I see no consequences for what he has done. Nothing. It makes me irate. Andl, on they go their merry way trying to pull another fast one.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
CTW
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
The scariest thing about this whole new episode of the media attempting to take down Bush, is that the collusion follows -Baredei to Kerry to NYT to CBS to LAT to , in other words it almost appears that somehow Kerry was colluding with baredei and the UN to take out Bush. In other words the UN is attempting to move in upon us even prior to the election.
I don't know about all of you, but I feel scared out of my wits over this.

This is really happening people.
The big picture is coming into focus. Those of us who don't consider ourselves the hysterical type are now getting freaked out with conspiracy theories. but I am now willing to look at this as just that.
This election is not normal.
The media is so blantantly lying and scheming against the President. They are not afraid. That in itself is telling and frightening.
They wanted to direct the Bush campaign to defending against these old accusations to keep them from unloading the damning stuff on Kerry coming tomorrow (Thanks NavyChief).
I believe we will have all the information out about Kerry by Thursday evening. but I think neither side really wants it to happen before the election. Bush needs a clean victory without Kerry being removed from the ticket, etc and Kerry needs to defeat him to survive. Kerry is "borking" that is throwing everything regardless of truth to get people second guessing and to lose trust in Bush. They don't have to prove anything just raise doubt. These are LAWYERS we are dealing with here.
So before the full moon Thursday we shall see it all. CTW

Never Ever Kerry
Otis
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is frightening. The Demoract party doesn't care about democracy at all. If they win or manage to steal this election, and everything tends to indicate stealing the election is very much their plan, our Republic is going to go down the tubes. Kerry would be just the one to do it too. This is like a Greek tragedy. A thoroughly corrupt traitor manages to steal the most powerful political position in the world. It's like Caesar destroying the Roman republic.
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CTW,

Yeah, the fact that the media is not afraid to do what they're doing, and so blatantly, has got me freaked. After all the email campaigns, after all the outing that's been going on between Rush,Hannity, Savage, and many others, the MSM keeps it up. They DO NOT care that we know what they are doing. It's as though they are spitting right in our faces telling us how oh so powerful they are and whatever we do won't bring them down or keep them from getting rid of Bush.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
What do we need to do to get to these people? Ratter is shameless. I see no consequences for what he has done. Nothing. It makes me irate. Andl, on they go their merry way trying to pull another fast one.

BOYCOTT! Do not watch any shows on CBS and do not buy any products that are advertised there.

The panel on Brit Hume tonight was discussing how far CBS News had dropped in the ratings.
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

truthserum wrote:
CTW,

Yeah, the fact that the media is not afraid to do what they're doing, and so blatantly, has got me freaked. After all the email campaigns, after all the outing that's been going on between Rush,Hannity, Savage, and many others, the MSM keeps it up. They DO NOT care that we know what they are doing. It's as though they are spitting right in our faces telling us how oh so powerful they are and whatever we do won't bring them down or keep them from getting rid of Bush.

We can show them how weak they really are by the way that we vote. It's not over yet, Folks. In the meantime sen dthem E-Mails telling them what you think of them. Make phone calls and turn OFF their programs.
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to show you how out-of-control this whole story is, I can't recall anything, anywhere, anytime substantiating the numer of 380 tons that's at the center of the story. Does anyone know where that number came from? Has it been substantiated? I.e., how does anyone know that ANY explosives are missing from that facility?
Fort Campbell
Vice Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Gibson's thoughts on this subject:

Same Old Story
Tuesday, October 26, 2004
By John Gibson

Last time around a few days before the election team Gore sprung decades-old news about a DUI George Bush got when he was young — it peeled five points off of his lead.

This time we have The New York Times and "60 Minutes" pushing the October surprise story that President Bush neglected to secure 380 tons of super-duper high explosives in Iraq that looters took and now insurgents are using to blow up Americans.

It turns out that CBS was saving this story for the night before election eve. It was going to be the October surprise that would have shaken the electorate and given Bush no time to recover or respond. The New York Times — which wants Bush gone just as bad — decided to beat CBS and broke the story on Monday.

But it turns out Tuesday that NBC News embeds were with the 101st Airborne when it came through the area the day after Baghdad fell. They were highballing to Baghdad, but stopped at the explosives dump for a day. They looked around and found tons and tons of regular old explosives, but none of the HMX and RDX — super-duper high explosives — that the United Nations had found months and months before the invasion.

So where is the stuff? Who knows? It was gone before the U.S. took the country.

Why is this a big deal? Because the Kerry campaign wants to paint Bush as incompetent and derelict. But this super high explosives story isn't what the Kerry campaign says it is. Americans did not find the super-duper high explosives and then walk away. Americans did not find anything under United Nations seal and then walk away.

Is the stuff being used against Americans? Probably. But not by George Bush. Al-Zarqawi may be using it, but evidence says the bad guys got the stuff long before American troops would have had a chance to stop it.

That's the reality. But reality can be twisted — especially by news organizations and a candidate that desperately wants Bush gone.

It's not an October surprise. It's actually a no surprise — same old twisted facts.

That's My Word.

Watch John Gibson weekdays at 5 p.m. ET on "The Big Story" and send your comments to: myword@foxnews.com
P. Aaron
Commander

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jack Mclaughlin wrote:
Both Rathergate and this new " cache of explosives " story is about collusion, collaboration and conspiracy involving the MSM and the Democratic party. To see Dan Rather still delivering his propaganda on CBS nightly is sickening. His ultimate boss, Sumner Redstone (sumner.redstone@viacom.com) is angry with Rather but seems powerless to act on behalf of Viacom`s stockholders and the American people.

The thing to remember about commie-lib-dems is that, even if they are totally discredited, it is more of a resume enhancer than a detriment. CBS' ratings for news have been dismal.

With FOX and Brit Hume, why is CBS even on the radar?

Just don't watch it. STAY AWAY FROM CBS!
truthserum
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I don't watch CBS and have not for at least the last 14 years. I only watch Fox and very selectively at that.
As far as emails go, I am sure CBS throws mine out the minute they see my name on them I have sent so many. Of course, I will continue anyway.
Well, I would think CBS would be down the drain by now too. Obviously they are not yet. Who watches them? I guess just the libs hanging onto every stinking lie Ratter tells.

PROUD TO BE AN AMERICAN!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: