SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Plse call your reps & the White House re: Kerry & co

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 5:28 pm    Post subject: Plse call your reps & the White House re: Kerry & co Reply with quote

Mods - can you please indulge me on this for today?

I know we'd all like to help the Swift Vets any way we can - and maybe this is the one where our efforts will make a splash....

The article breaking today on Kerry and the communist influence on his anti-war activites is outrageous (chops to NavyChief and the hard work of others in supporting Thomas Lipscomb's efforts).

I assume people are frustrated by the lack of the MSM's coverage of this and other Kerry activities. Don't hold your breath waiting for them to start spontaneously. And don't wait for people to go to the NY Sun's web site to get the story for themselves.

For the MSM to start coverage, pressure needs to come from above our paygrades.

Call the White House and your local congressmen and senators to register your outrage with Kerry's history and the lack of coverage. Not email - PHONE CALLS.

Why? My sister used to work on Capitol Hill for a a couple of different representatives. In their offices, congressmen and senators regard personal feedback from constituants as quite important. If one person calls with a sincere, heartfelt comment - that call is assumed to represent (depending on the issue) another 10-100 people who feel the same way.

If 10 people call...it's assumed that hundreds, maybe thousands of people feel the same way.

Email is far LESS effective, because they get so many - and so many are clearly scripted and directed by an outside agency.

That's why a PERSONAL call, in your own words, is sooooo important - and so effective. No scripts, no coaching. Just call and tell 'em how you feel.

Kerry is a Senator, and the ranks I think have closed around him fairly well (John McCain anyone?). But...if Kerry was influenced (directed? controlled?) by the communist party in the early 70's - when did it stop? Why assume it did stop? Spiking the POW-MIA investigation in the early 90's anyone...for commercial gain?

This is a great chance to make a real difference in influencing the course of this story. Email is going to get lumped into a big electronic mailbox that no one is going to see from now until the election.

PHONE CALLS. Keep is short, polite, to the point - and ask for ACTION. What do you want the President, your congressman, or your senator to DO? Speak out, ask for Kerry's record to be released, etc.

I called the White House and my senator earlier today. I asked specifically for the President and Senator Coleman to demand release of Kerry's military (had to explain what a form 180 was and how the Navy still has piles of records on Kerry - and how no one in the national media has asked him this question directly) and to find out what's going on here. Both offices took notes on computer. The senator's office seemed quite interested....

I tried to call our other senator, Senator Dayton - but he's apparently in a lockbox somewhere - and the voice mail is full out in DC. (Remember - he's in hiding from a supposed terrorist attack...)

The RNC knows - but this is one story among many they're trying to get coverage for.

We want Senators to raise the question - that will drive the MSM to ask the question.

All hand's on deck. 100 phone calls, 200 phone calls...what can we do TODAY to see that Kerry's interactions with the North Vietnamese gets the attention it deserves?

I know we have folks of all political pursuasions on this board - GOOD. It's even more impactful if you are affiliated with one party and call the congressman from the other party, asking for accountability.

100...200...how many of us will make the call?

http://www.senate.gov/

http://www.whitehouse.gov/contact/
Comments: 202-456-1111

http://www.house.gov/Welcome.shtml
For your US House of Representatives
MJB
LCDR

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's keep the pressure on - this is going to get lost in the munitions chatter going on right now....and this is far more explosive (as it were)
gerson
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: district phone numbers Reply with quote

Here is a list of district phone numbers for congressmen in alphabetical order by state.

http://www.postalwatch.com/con_dis1.htm

I just tried calling my congressman Roscoe Barlett. The woman who answered said that I needed to call the Bush campaign because this was a CAMPAIGN issue. Then I called back and talked to a guy, who suggested writing a letter to the newspaper which mentioned the congressman's name. The congressman's staff is trained to find and take note of any such letter. Also, you need to tell them what you want them to DO. This was a problem because every course of action I suggested turned out to be someone else's jurisdiction; for instance, it is up to the Senate to investigate one of its members. This is very frustrating!!! Does anyone have any suggestions? Practically speaking, my impression is that our efforts should be concentrated elsewhere at this point.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Resources & Research All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: