SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Drudge: ABC News Holds Terror Warning Video
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud*American
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of a sudden the media is concerned with authenticity!
Anker-Klanker
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ABC was probably trying to scoop the NYT. ABC was probably trying to connect the terrorist attack with the alleged missing explosives. Rolling Eyes
one more captins mast
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Do you not love this, ABC, gets the tape Reply with quote

Good old , "nite lie guy" of the "old monk burning etal"

the VC they good on camera guys

now the Nut case "islamist"

send them "terror notes" to be read from their dirty little
"gobles" gobble gobble net wok.
SBD
Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's an attempt to swing the election by scaring people into not voting for President Bush. The tape implies that we will all be killed, but only if the Bush is reelected. If ABC is holding on to it, it's because their plan was to spring it on us on Sunday night so everyone would be scared to vote for President Bush.

We need to remind everyone that if Kerry wins, there might be a false sense of Peace but in the end, it will destroy our entire country.

SBD
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fox is reporting it now
MKorner
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.kold.com/Global/story.asp?S=1899417

By Chris Francis, News 13 Producer
Posted: 5/26/04

One of seven suspected terror suspects named by the FBI on Wednesday has spent time in Tucson.

Yahiye Adam Gadahn grew up in Riverside County, California. But a search on the Internet reveals he also worked in Tucson as a student reporter for a TV news magazine called "EcoNews."

Gadahn helped cover a story on a garbage project at the University of Arizona, but he never attended college.

The FBI says Gadhan did attend Al-Qaida training camps. He and six other suspects may be plotting an attack on the U.S. sometime this summer, according to Attorney General John Ashcroft.

Gadahn was raised in a Christian home but converted to Islam as a teenager. His story of his conversion is on numerous Internet websites. In part, it reads: "Having been around Muslims in my formative years, I knew well that they were not the bloodthirsty, barbaric terrorists that the news media and televangelists paint them to be."

However, Gadahn's beliefs became radical, according to a Muslim cleric who knew him. He was expelled from a mosque in Orange County, California after attacking an employee there.

His family says they last heard from him five years ago, when he was working in Pakistan as a writer and expecting a child.

"My nephew is a very loving, caring young man," says Nancy Pearlman, Gadahn's aunt. "I grew up seeing him regularly and he is a very sweet person. We certainly don't believe in any kind of terrorism, so I'm really shocked by the news."

Gadahn's brother Omar was also shocked, saying the person he knew wasn't radical. "He's a cool brother. He left when I was eight. I didn't really know him that well. He was a lot older than me."
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suspect that the folks at Al Qaeda may be about to find out that the American collective psyche is a bit different than that of Spain. I think this will swing a number of undecided towards Bush rather than against him, and will end up a net plus for Bush.

IMO, ABC also realized this - and that is EXACTLY why they were keeping this under wraps.

Last edited by Hondo on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
mangdawg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how smelly of it to appear now, just in time to help bury this Kerry/Hanoi blast
rparrott21
Master Chief Petty Officer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To bring down the President..
army72
Seaman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next person that claims that the terrorists' rights are being violated should join them in Gitmo. They should be interrogated. not as prisoners of war, but as the thugs they are, then put in strick isolation with NO RIGHTS.

Expect that the next attack from them will be met with a very strong response. Any country not backing us fully should be barred from doing trade with us and forfeit all holdings, etc.
Stumped
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Evil or Very Mad
The point is-
How lone did they hold it before they gave it to the CIA
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hondo wrote:
I think this will swing a number of undecided towards Bush rather than against him, and will end up a net plus for Bush.

IMO, ABC also realized this - and that is EXACTLY why they were keeping this under wraps.

That analysis gets my vote. The number one concern for America is the War on Terror. I believe the majority of our population understands that appeasement is not a viable option in dealing with the Islamofascists.

Should the following be an accurate depiction of the content...

Quote:
America has brought this on itself for electing George Bush who has made war on Islam by destroying the Taliban and making war on Al Qaeda

the vast majority of Americans (to include a majority percentage of Democrats) are in support of our action in Afghanistan, and this would only serve to harden that support. Nope...this "communication" would help Bush and harm Kerry...and ABC knows it, IMHO.

Last edited by Me#1You#10 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
swctexas
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem with this from my perspective is how long did ABC have this before contacting the CIA, FBI or Homeland Security?

They may have some incredible explaining to do. One report on FOX says they received the tape over the weekend and the CIA has had it for a day or two.

Are they now covering possible terrorist threats because Bush's strong suit is the war on terror?
muggedliberal
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understood on the report on fox they held it for two or three days before contacting the CIA.

(Deleted by Admin)

Admin note: Please lower the rhetorical level. Thanks.
Bystander
PO3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was this video done by one of the 'international leaders' Skerry has been meeting with?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Geedunk & Scuttlebutt All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: