SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Kerry Cancels Campaign Trip for Vote
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianC
PO2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Kerry Cancels Campaign Trip for Vote Reply with quote

WASHINGTON (AP) - Democratic presidential candidate John Kerry canceled a campaign swing to New Mexico and returned to the Capitol on Tuesday to vote on a Senate bill requiring mandatory funding of health care for military veterans, a constituency he has courted since the beginning of his bid.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uslatest/story/0,1282,-4232631,00.html

I guess it's newsworthy when he actually shows up for his taxpayer-funded job.

What is this - his first vote in more than 100 that he's missed?
I wonder if he actually knows what's in the bill that he's voting for? (Silly question)
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course he knew. It was a political move to tell the military he just voted for this....and he is our guy (PUKE). Does he really believe that the men and women in uniform are behind him in this???? What a absolute Jerk.
Scott
Master Chief Petty Officer of the Navy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Give the Devil his due... Rolling Eyes ...at least this time he's rushing back to support a worthwile bill.

Last time, he rushed back to help torpedo one.
carpro
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe the vote was cancelled or delayed. He wasted his trip. Crying or Very sad

If he had any guts at all, he'd resign his Senate seat to campaign for President. Bob Dole did! Very Happy

But then Dole was a REAL war hero with a REAL Purple Heart.
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

carpro wrote:
If he had any guts at all, he'd resign his Senate seat to campaign for President. Bob Dole did! Very Happy

Can anyone point out a time where John Kerry put his political career on the line to pursue anything he believed in?
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew this would be the reaction here. No problem with the fact that the GOP is playing games by schedualing a vote, then changing it to a day when Kerry won't be there. The GOP cares more about scoring cheap political points than it does about doing its job.
MikeWinn
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikest, Mikest, Mikest,

Surely your'e not going to naively fall for that old 'mean old Republicans playing politics' crap. Senate votes are not political???? Kerry has been there for how many votes in the last year???? Sounds to me like Kerry is taking the unusual position of playing both sides. Methinks thou dost protest too much.........bubba. Laughing

GunnerMike
Spectre Gunner and 141 FE
Dedicated to Rico. KIA March 14, 1971.
Love ya man.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikest,

You're missing the point and the point goes to character which is what this site is all about. John Kerry's lack of character.

Remember Bob Dole? War Hero? Resigned from the Senate to run for President?

Do you think we'd be having this conversation or that Kerry would be hammered in the conservative media, in the congress, by half of his constituents, and the Governor of Mass if he'd done the honorable thing and resigned?

Problem is Kerry has no honor! Never has. Never will.
Theresa Alwood
Rear Admiral

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH....so Mike...what was the reason he MISSED all the other important times he WAS to vote. I remember a time not so too far back that he missed a important vote for unemployment and his vote would have been the deciding factor...did the GOP change that also? If I was a registered voter in MA I would be asking for his resignation...but then again since I am not it is no concern for me, as it just helps our cause. John Kerry is John Kerry. His name speaks for himself. You are not going to convince ANYONE who regulary visits this website to vote, support or even consider voting for John "F" Kerry. Most of the word I have to describe this man can not be posted...and my mother would be mad at me is I used those words. I try, at all times, to at least not be rude to other guest and get my point across (and no I am not saying you are rude but other have been). I may not be the smartest bulb in the box, but I sure am not the dimmest either. John Kerry is the one who displays the cheap shots...if I remember correctly it was John "F" Kerry who was off the campaign trail when President Reagan died out of respect...yet for some reason there were plenty of photographers, newsreporters when he showed up.

He is a disgrace and the majority of us vets do not like, respect or even have anything nice to say about this man (or is he a mouse).
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure, the GOP has run congress with a model of integrity in mind. They have always stayed within the normal paramiters of time like the medicare vote, they would never try and bribe or threaten someone for a vote, again like medicare. They have never intentionally stacked a vote to make Kerry look bad, like the overtime vote. They always consult the opposing party in the creation of bills. And then when the vote is about veterans benifits, something I would think would be of interest to this site, they are totally honest and vote on it when schedualed.
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When ARE you going to get the Point MikeST?
Me#1You#10
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikest...

Spare us the overbaked sarcasm. While they may delight in that style of prose at DU, it's condescending and juvenile.

If you have a point, make it...and dispense with the rhetorical dance. We don't like the music.
Navy_Navy_Navy
Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeWinn wrote:
Kerry has been there for how many votes in the last year????

14 out of 132 - 10.6%
mikest
PO2

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That
Quote:
IS
the point aspb. The GOP has used congress as a battering ram with the intent to only make Kerry and the dems look bad. How can it not bother you that they would schedual a vote on something as big as Vet benifits only to change the date when Kerry does show up. It can't be any more blatant an attempt to politicise it. I have always had a problem with people not showing up for important votes, but this shows the childish intentions of Frist and the GOP leadership.

Theresa

If you take an honest look at the overtime vote, you can see that people were told to vote for it so Kerry would look bad. Had he shown up, the GOP would have voted trhe way they wanted to and defeated it by a wider margin than 1.
If you do not provide proof to back up these two statements, then kindly edit your post, and remove statements without proof!
ASPB

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2004 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikest wrote:
That
Quote:
IS
the point aspb. The GOP has used congress as a battering ram with the intent to only make Kerry and the dems look bad. How can it not bother you that they would schedual a vote on something as big as Vet benifits only to change the date when Kerry does show up. It can't be any more blatant an attempt to politicise it. I have always had a problem with people not showing up for important votes, but this shows the childish intentions of Frist and the GOP leadership.

Theresa

If you take an honest look at the overtime vote, you can see that people were told to vote for it so Kerry would look bad. Had he shown up, the GOP would have voted trhe way they wanted to and defeated it by a wider margin than 1.

Character Mike, Character!

And if you think Republicans invented political maneuvering and all Democrats are honorable men in pursuit of the interests of the American people you're smoking some really great pre-rolled! Park Lane? And how many veterans here remember "Park Lane"?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Swift Vets and POWs for Truth All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: