SwiftVets.com Forum Index SwiftVets.com
Service to Country

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Down to the Wire
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military
View previous topic :: View next topic  
USMCWayne
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:19 pm    Post subject: Down to the Wire Reply with quote

Less than a week to go before election day, and a few random thoughts have come to mind regarding the election, Swift Vets and POWs for Truth, and John Kerry.

1. I heard today, on Fox and Friends, that an estimated 10% of of the registered voters have already voted, through absentee ballots and in the States that allow early voting. That is a remakable figure, indicating the interest and seriousness of this years election.

2. The Swift Vets and POWs for Truth have already heard it a thousand times, but thanks for this web site. I'm sure there's Democratic blogs and discussion forums that are as equally for Kerry as this site may be against him. Regardless of the outcome Nov 2 (or whenever) I think we've all had our say, and more, about John Kerry.

I'd imagine it's been addressed elsewhere, but I hope, regardless of the outcome, that this site remains active. Whether Kerry is elected or not, he should be held accountable for his treasonous actions. If he's not elected and it's found that he received a dishonorable discharge, the Democratic Party needs to seriously consider kicking him out of the Senate.

That can only happen if we don't let up. Nov 2nd is not the end of the journey. The almost 7,000 registered members of SVPT seem to be a very adamant and opinionated bunch, and I doubt if they'll let it happen.

3. It's a rhetorical question, but I have to wonder if John Kerry has a conscience? How does he feel, when the vast majority of the men he served with feel nothing but disdain and hostility toward him?

No one who goes through life can expect everyone to like or agree with them. If a small, small percentage of the people I've worked and dealt with over the years felt half as strongly about me, as Swift Vets and others feel about John Kerry, I'd have to rethink whether anything about me was worthwhile.

But then, I'm not filthy rich, arrogant, and trying desperately to cover much of anything up. Kerry apparently could care less what others think about him. What a sad, sad existence.
Lance Corporal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, Moderator! This belongs on the big board.

What does"Bump" mean?
James Rebe'l
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well said USMCWayne, regardless who wins this election we should stay on Mr. Kerry and demand that he release his complete military records. The Democrats shoulld be held accountable for nominating this man for President.
JCCremer
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:21 pm    Post subject: Action Alert Message Reply with quote

This morning, I opened your Action Alert message as well as the message saying that Swift Boat/POW ads would be played in Pennsylvania. Great news, and I can't wait until both hit the talk radio, newspaper, and TV news cycles.
Thank you Swift Vets and POWs! I believe in you! I've forwarded the messages to my internet friends, and am content that my modest contributions toward the cause of truth have not been wasted.
Airborne, All the Way!
John C. Cremer
Let the truth be known. I'm with you guys and Kerry insulted all of us with his anti-war activities. Let's hold him accountable.
Redleg
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right on, Wayne. I believe you covered several issues very nicely.

In viewing some veteran's pro-Kerry sites, I can't help to notice that it isn't that the Vet's like or stand by Kerry as much as they seem to be more anti-Bush. I too believe that the Swift Boat ads will be effective not only on keeping our message out there up to the last minute, but could possibly influence the vote of those who do not strongly support Kerry, especially the Vet's.
MrJapan
PO1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1991932 wrote:

What does"Bump" mean?

I believe someone types it in if they think that the topic is important and should be moved to the top of the 'new' list so it won't be lost in the shuffle of all of the other posts....
Desert Shield/Desert Storm
Texas Army NG 13E FDC
BTRY B 3-133 Arty
Hondo
LCDR

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne (and anyone else)

Continuing anti-Kerry efforts is under discussion; see http://www2.swiftvets.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=117426

I think it will happen. "Don't touch that dial!"
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kerry should be liable to the goverment for a rise in PTSD claims. He's sure opened some old wounds up here.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

USMCWayne

USMCWayne:

I think you've made some excellent points. You are right on the money that we, as a group, should not let-up on Kerry regardless of the outcome of the election.

In my estimation, Kerry is one of those individuals who has no moral compass, no ethics and no conscience. As an officer in 'Nam he failed miserably and afterwards he has continued to denegrate the efforts and contributions of all men and women who served honorably in-country. He is nothing but a pitiful example of a human being who isn't worthy of notice by anyone.

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
gocars
Lt.Jg.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Lthrneck!

No kidding on the PTSD claims......I haven't been this amped-up since the early 70's. I wonder if the VA has seen a spike in PTSD related disorders since crap-faced Kerry threw his hat in the ring?

gocars
101st Airborne
'Nam 67-70
U.S. Army Rangers Lead the Way!
clipper
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2004 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're right USMC WAYNE Nov. 2nd is not the end of this (I hope) All of us have stood on the sidelines for too long (busy with careers and raising families I guess) and look what has happened, first a draft dodger (clinton) gets elected twice, and now the Dems nominate John Fonda Kerry for President and unbelievably the election is close....what happened to the values of honesty, integrity, and honor that used to decide the future of this country? The traitor has awakened a lot of vets from their self imposed silence and hopefully he will rue the day he decided to "report for duty". We can not let this slime off the hook after the election.

Chris
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea, Kerry is like opening up a scab and pouring salt on it.

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
Sgt-Keeper
Seaman Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:39 pm    Post subject: RE: PTSD Reply with quote

There was a comprehensive study published this past summer (sorry can't find the link yet) that proved a measurable decline in PTSD related symptoms during this election year! I can understand how it happened.
For the first time in more than 30 years we have found thousands of brothers and sisters who were affected by the war, and the subsequent home-comings. Back then, we were inundated with posers and, in general, veteran haters. We knew we had done nothing wrong but we were the target of rabid liberals, liars, and anti-war protesters. As early as Nov. 1965, we were sitting in a bunker outside of DaNang, discussing how we could get this war over with quickly so we could come home & take on the protesters. When I came home in '66, I had other things to do than go after the protesters, like get a life! Besides there were so many of them and so few of me. I did what I could with letters to the editors (that were never published) and calling in to anti war talk shows that wouldn't take my calls. After a while, my careers and child took first place in my life. But certain things never left, like the midnight patrols, ambushes et all. 37 years later, I was diagnosed with chronic PTSD. This year, I have finally been able to understand the rage and all of the other things that effected my life. I don't blame the gov, the USMC, or even the Viet Cong sniper that sent me home early.
Since July, I read the book Stolen Valor, saw Stolen Honor, read Unfit for Command, and just for sh$7s & giggles, "How to talk to a Liberal, if you must". I feel better about my accomplishments and how I have lived with pride and honor these past years. Thanks to the SBVs, I now know where to focus the confusion about that time in my life. John Kerry had a profound impact on an entire generation. That was quite an accomplishment for one man. But the following men also accomplished massive changes in their countries: Joe Stalin, Pol Pot, Ho Chi Min, Hitler, Osama Bin Laden. (time to stop the comparisons) JFK has yet to change this country on the scale that these men did, but put him into office and we can expect radical changes here. (I see unanswered attacks, just like Clinton). I honestly had not heard about JFK before this election, but for the past 8 months I have read everything I could about him. This way I am always prepared to discuss and refute the liberals at every turn. Regarding the PTSD, several others I have talked to believe that the study was accurate because of the new ability to discuss certain aspects of the war, the anti-war heros, and how we got this way, and now focusing on getting the truth out. Once again we have an honorable mission.
As with the motto of Rolling Thunder, NEVER FORGET, the vets I work with as a vet rep, the veteran organizations I belong to and support, we have our motto; NEVER AGAIN will we allow our veterans be treated badly.
JFK was not a young man when he lied to congress. He was not a disillusioned college punk trying to avoid the draft when he colluded with the enemy in Paris. He was not a young recruit when he lied about his war valor and collected his unearned medals. He was not a young radical when he agreed with the VVAW that they should assassinate congressmen and government leaders. He was a United State's Naval Officer. He has never explained nor apologize for his activities. Which means to me that he believes in what he did to his fellow soldiers. He used what ever means possible to justify and promote his personal beliefs, no matter who got hurt, or died. He does not believe in war. Well, having been there, done that, I don't either. BUT, when war is necessary, when it is brought to us, we must stand tall. Not cut & run as he did in Viet Nam, and as his personal anti-war hero Clinton did in Somalia, as Carter did in Iran. As long as the MSM declares "the Viet Nam War doesn't matter, it was 30 years ago", then we, as the veterans of that war, veterans throughout the country, and veteran supporters, must show the MSM that it does matter. We must show that honor, truth, valor, and our veterans do matter.
This next Tuesday will be a turning point for us:
1. A smile because we created our own "honorable win" for our country:
or
2. A new resolve to destroy the myths that we are insignificant.
I apologize for the length of this rant. Thank you JFK for bringing us together after all this time. Now resign your Senate seat and go away.
lthrneck
Lieutenant

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome home bro and great Post.
3/4 Vietnam 66-67

Semper fi
uuurah
Carry On!!
BertH
Seaman Recruit

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great post, Sgt. Keeper. I appreciate your putting into words to explain what is going on with many of us. My wife has not understood until recently why I stopped being my usual self when Kerry started running in the primaries. She first thought I had gone to living in the past doing such stuff as looking up old buddies, changing my reading habits, & writing letters to the editor and such. One evening I had some old friends over and we were talking about the Presidential race and she said, "You guys sound like you are going to war again." One of my friends, a retired SGM, said, "You bet. This is the last battle of the Vietnam War and we are going to win this one too."

__ Bert Hernandez
Lorena, TX
6th & 5th SFG (abn)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    SwiftVets.com Forum Index -> Vets and Active Duty Military All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: